Welcome to Gaia! ::

It Was A Dark And Stormy Night

Back to Guilds

Discuss books, poetry and the craft of writing 

Tags: reading, writing, writers, poetry, books 

Reply Why is a Raven like a Writing Desk?
Little Black Notebook

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanguina Cruenta

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:16 am
Poets, writers and associated scribblers! What form of notebook do you cart about?

I write in a mid-sized modena leather-cover when at home - I have a black and a red. I quite like their paper and the softer cover.

I'm a big fan of the little black notebook as a standard for day-to-day notes and for taking out in my bag or pocket. When it was active I was a fan of blackcover.net, a website that reviewed alternatives to the ubiquitous moleskine. I'm sort of sad that it's no longer updated, as I've stumbled across the Leuchtturm 1917 and am suddenly desperate for a good review from a conoisseur of the LBN.

What do you use?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:33 pm
I fold postcards in half, cut some paper to fit and bind them with dental floss. sweatdrop  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

oOGarrettOo
Crew

Greedy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:30 pm
Esiris
I fold postcards in half, cut some paper to fit and bind them with dental floss. sweatdrop
This is awesome.

I generally haul around a basic one subject notebook. Has to be college ruled though. It's a must.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:15 pm
"HAS TO BE COLLEGE RULED." I love that people have particular sticking points.

I'm obsessed with notebooks and journals generally, and buy more than I need. I have a couple in standby for use as journals, another notebook for writing exercises (that I don't use very much unfortunately) and another for basic ideas and prompts that I get when at home and like but that I don't want to turn into a poem or story quite yet. See, that one in particular has really lovely pages and I don't want to fill them up with writing, so I just write like one sentence on each page. xd It's my "book of inspiration" and I have a bunch of quotes from artists and writers at the back.

Then I have this Poe journal I picked up a few weeks ago that I haven't decided what to do with yet.  

Sanguina Cruenta

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:11 am
oOGarrettOo
Esiris
This is awesome.

Thanks- maybe I can send you one someday.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:06 pm
See, I have to get plain, fifty cent notebooks, otherwise I won't use them. My friends have all purchased notebooks for me as gifts over the years (because I like notebooks....and pens...I love pens. ) but I never want to use them because it's always a "WHAT IF I PUT SOMETHING STUPID IN IT!? THEN IT'LL BE RUINED!!!" situation.

Horses has gifted me some lovely notebooks and I put them somewhere safe where I will never be tempted to scrawl upon their lovely pages and possibly sully them with stupidity.  

oOGarrettOo
Crew

Greedy Conversationalist

Why is a Raven like a Writing Desk?

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas