Welcome to Gaia! ::

FMG:The Future Mangaka Guild.

Back to Guilds

Aspiring manga artists and long-time fans of anime and manga,your haven is here. 

Tags: manga, anime, japanese, drawing, friends 

Reply The FMG Main
Favorite Mangaka

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kasumi_nero

2,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:25 pm
I think it might be fun if we share who our favorite mangakas are. And maybe explain why we admire them so much, or which one of their series you like best. For example, one of my manga idols is Ken Akamatsu. He's the creator of Love Hina and Negima?!. I really like his drawing style and i admire that he can make so many different characters without making them look similar. Another mangaka I admire is Arina Tanemura. She has many series but i like The Gentleman's Aliance Cross and Fullmoon O Sagashite best. I also admire her drawing style and even though the characters look pretty much like they're the same person sometimes and the fact that her series seems to have the same kinda feel sometimes(a sad or really happy feel) I still get kinda mushy and stuff when I read her books. All right folks.Now it's your turn. Go all out! xD  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:19 pm
I am a big fan of the artist Takemiya Yuyuko,the author of manga series the "Toradora!"
Yuyuko made this manga an instant classic for me,only having read this a few weeks ago,and I love it to bits.
Ken Akamatsu is just awesome. He wowed me with Love Hina and Negima and A.I Love you. Ken Akamatsu made me want to be a mangaka. The guy is my hero. ^///^  

The Haruist
Vice Captain

Ruby Jaguar

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:22 pm
My all time favorite is Yuu Watase all her mangas are so creative and funny and her artwork is spectacular! smile  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:06 pm
Well... I only have a few magnas. I don't know if they do have other one that I could even get! crying
My favorite magmas series are "Zatch Bell!" & "Tegami Bachi" whee
They are so full of action plus being funny too. 3nodding  

Befunfire

Devoted Worshipper

12,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

neko-mata-01

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:12 am
either clamp (its a team of people so lol)
or kazue kato who makes the manga ao no exorcist
(i would say miyazaki but technically he would be making anime not manga)  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:37 pm
My all-time favorite group is Clamp (XXXholic, Rayearth, Angelic Layer, Cardcaptor Sakura, etc. and more recently, Gate 7)* heart heart heart , because that was who I grew up with, and their artwork is so unique that I would call it its own seperate style! 3nodding

Second to that is a tie between Hiroyuki Takei (Shaman King, Ultimo), because I like the art and the characters he creates smile , and Hiro Mashima (Fairy Tail, Dragon Hunter Orage), because of the setting and characters 3nodding (tough one of them's based on a videogame sweatdrop )

*the titles I list are the ones I've read personally, and aren't everything these mangaka have created  

Hoshi Izumi

The FMG Main

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff