Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Contact with Deity

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Swamp Shaman

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:02 pm
Have you ever been spoken to by a deity or greater power of any kind?  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:42 pm
Yes.  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:56 pm
Yes.  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:16 pm
Any specific deity? Im asking here because im trying to sort through some inner turmoil related to contact with deity.  

The Swamp Shaman

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:46 pm
Yes. I've only ever spoken to one and we only converse on occasion.

Perhaps if you expressed your concerns we could help you better resolve this inner turmoil?  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:56 pm
I've talked with two. One was just for a moment, and the other is occasional.

If it helps you at all, I sometimes feel like I'm going crazy. But then I ask myself about the stuff that they've told me that I didn't know about.... Well, I still feel crazy in the end.  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:45 pm
I talk a lot- and listen a lot, but most of the more important experiences I've had didn't really use words. Concepts, sure- but not words.  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:53 pm
Esiris
I talk a lot- and listen a lot, but most of the more important experiences I've had didn't really use words. Concepts, sure- but not words.
Emotions and feelings, visualizations and understandings?  

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:47 pm
oOGarrettOo
Esiris
Emotions and feelings, visualizations and understandings?

Yep- it was a bit like being hit by a Mac truck. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:03 pm
I've only ever had two visitations by my deities, and they're not the sort of things that you can shrug off. The feeling lasts for hours, if not days.

*shrug* Though depending on who the deity is, the visitations may take different forms. So who can say whether or not it was a visitation.

For me, it was very real. Once in dreams, once during waking hours. The dream visitation was more about feelings and concepts, whereas the waking visitation was almost tactile. But I've noticed that the common theme between the two is the lack of speech. They don't 'talk'. They just transmit knowledge. Or at least that's the way it was in mine. It's probably different for everyone, and varies from deity to deity.

sweatdrop Anyways... I kinda feel like I'm rambling on here about nothing, but I thought I would share my opinion.  

Chrono-Trigger-2012

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:08 pm
One time, he came to me in a dream. And yeah, that feeling lasted for days. In my dream he talked to me.. One other time he also talked to me, but for that I was laying in bed half asleep.

But since then... it's mostly been very strong feelings and ideas that I never would've thought up.
And there's nothing quite like going to a bookstore, walking down an aisle I have no interest in and picking up a book at random only to discover it's relevant to him and I have just enough money on me for it.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:16 pm
I think I have. It was when I was meditating and I felt this calmness come over me. It was strange because when I meditate, I image myself in a white light bubble (for lack of better words) and I knew that there was someone in there with me. Someone that I was looking for. Yes, I was reaching out for help from the Divine, so I do think it was them. Or one of them at least.  

KathrinGreenwood

3,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items