Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]
[PRP] HALT! Identify Yourself! (Raimi, Laertes) - FIN!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:06 pm
User Image

Another day, another shift. Laertes was settling himself at one of his favorite spots near the border. It was high ground and had a pretty good view of the surrounding area, the perfect place to do his job. Of course, later he’d patrol the lands assigned to him and make sure everything was clearly marked and that no trespassers had dared to cross the line but for now, the young Guard was greeting the new day with a content yawn and thinking about what he’d do after his shift was over. Even though he was still rather new to the pride, Laertes was lucky enough to have made a few good friends in the dodgy circles of the upper class. One of his fellow Guards had even lent him a bird, his own companion apparently, in case he neede to send a message back quickly. Laertes was quite happy about that.

Suddenly, something caught his attention. Movement. Something bright. Someone bright. There was a lion, white as snow, moving closer to his location. The purple and black lion stood up and watched the stranger with keen eyes.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm
Raimi was all over polite to everyone coat color or not. He was happy being a costumer and didn't need to climb the social ladder. Him and his family was taken care of so he had no reason to want anything more then he had already been given. "I've been here since the new king restablished the lands here. And I dare say I'm not to familiar with any of those new cubs that have joined us. I've been busy raising my so things like that might have slipped past me."

The white lion then became rather enthused. "I'm Raimi the great costumer to the king. My work has been featured in all the prominent plays to date." He paused. "You are more then welcome to join my family for a meal and see my work!" He then would be able to show off his two favorite things- his children and his costumes.

Grumpy Paw

Fuzzy Sex Symbol

18,850 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:44 pm
It seemed the other lion hadn’t noticed him yet. Laertes took a few quick steps towards the white shape, quickly bridging the distance between them.

“Oi!” he called out rather loudly, hoping the other would stop. To be honest, being new to the pride, Laertes couldn’t exactly boast of having a lot of experience as a Guard. No bnasty encounters with rogues or anything like that and his shifts had mostly consisted of greeting the various Merchants he was starting to recognize. But he didn’t know this lion and he needed to make sure he wasn’t a threat to the Suka’Fumo and all of those who resided within its borders. Still, it seemed the lion was coming from inside the pride lands so he should make sure he wasn't a pride member before acting.

“Morning, friend. I’m Laertes, one of the new Guards. I’m afraid I don’t know you yet.” As he drew nearer, he watched the other lion carefully. Completely white but with purple eyes, ironically enough. If the eyes were the window to the soul, did that mean this fellow had a very noble soul?

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:01 pm
Raimi stopped and flicked his ear towards the lion that was addressing him. He looked him over once and noticed that he was dramatically purple. Obviously a member of the pride- and a new one at that since he hadn't seen him since the pride was formed eons ago. Funny he never thought he would stay with a pride back when he devoted himself to the king many moons ago. But something about this place grew on him.

"Why hello there." He dipped the tip of his muzzle in greeting. "It's nice to see the pride keeps expanding." He stopped and tightened the shoulder strap compulsively again. He was a**l about his work. "I'm Raimi. It's my pleasure to meet you."

Grumpy Paw

Fuzzy Sex Symbol

18,850 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:10 pm
“It’s my pleasure as well.” Well, this fellow certainly seemed friendly enough – though since joining the Suka’Fumo, Laertes had found some trouble distinguishing true respect from the reactions other lions felt obliged to give him because of his coat color.

“Ah yes, it is. I arrived just before that large group that joined us recently. The one with the cubs.” The cubs that had somehow ended up lost in the forest shortly after arriving to the pride. Thankfully, they’d all been recovered safely. “Raimi… the name is familiar. What is your occupation? Sorry, but I really must ask.” He gave the other lion an apologetic grin. It seemed he was keeping him from something (work, most likely) simply because he wasn’t familiar with all the pride members yet.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:24 pm
Raimi was all over polite to everyone coat color or not. He was happy being a costumer and didn't need to climb the social ladder. Him and his family was taken care of so he had no reason to want anything more then he had already been given. "I've been here since the new king restablished the lands here. And I dare say I'm not to familiar with any of those new cubs that have joined us. I've been busy raising my so things like that might have slipped past me."

The white lion then became rather enthused. "I'm Raimi the great costumer to the king. My work has been featured in all the prominent plays to date." He paused. "You are more then welcome to join my family for a meal and see my work!" He then would be able to show off his two favorite things- his children and his costumes.

Grumpy Paw

Fuzzy Sex Symbol

18,850 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:38 pm
“Ah, so you’re the one who made our King’s… blue pelt?” he didn’t make a mistake. Laertes was very much aware Bwana wore a well-kept black pelt over his back. But it was a simple way of testing if the white lion truly belonged to the pride without having to bluntly question him. He did seem to know a lot about the pride though so Laertes didn’t really have a reason to worry so much about it. Another method suddenly occurred to him and he called out to the bird he had borrowed from the other Guard.

“Oh you are too kind. I couldn’t possibly impose on you like that.” The purple and black lion said quickly, truly surprised by the invitation. The small bird landed at his paws and Laertes dropped his head to the little creature, whispering softly to it. “Bring me the name and description of the King’s costumer as quickly as possible.”

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:01 pm
"Sadly I was not the one who made him his black pelt-" He corrected the other. He seamed nice and didn't want him to make that mistake to any of the noble folk. They might fire him from the job. "But When he attends shows or needs something fancy to wear; out of the ordinary so to speak...he comes to me." He snickered at that thought. "I tend to think outside the box. I don't think he would look appropriate dressing in anything I make- especially attending to royal duties." Especially considering that cross dressing was perfectly acceptable in the pride.

"As for my invitation...think nothing of it. Any member of Suka'Fuma is a friend of mine and welcome in my house at any time they need." If he could have gave him a warm manly pound on the back he would have.

Grumpy Paw

Fuzzy Sex Symbol

18,850 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:13 pm
“Right, black pelt.” Laertes repeated, feeling rather pleased with himself. It seemed the white lion truly belonged to the pride. His lingering doubts were completely dissipated when the little bird whispered to him in return: “If you’re worried about him being part of the pride, I’ve seen him many times before and the other guards always greet him and let him pass.” He had to give the critter some credit. Laertes didn’t think little birds were this smart.

“Well, that sounds rather interesting. Maybe I will pay you a visit, then.” Hopefully, it woudn’t be too much trouble. Maybe he could bring a nice piece of meat as a gift… though that wasn’t very proper behavior for a member of the upper class, was it? “I take it you’re out gathering materials then?”

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:26 pm
He nodded. "Yes I'm hoping to get a big haul today so I can spend a few days with my children; not having to work. It's always the best time of the day when I get to be with them." He paused and looked over at the male. "Do you have any children?" He didn't know this other lion besides the fact that he was a new guard. Had he really been cooped up in his cave working that he had not noticed new lions settling in? He really needed to get out more.  

Grumpy Paw

Fuzzy Sex Symbol

18,850 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:34 pm
“Oh no non no!” the Guard said with extraordinary speed, obviously not thinking himself as ready to be a father just yet. He let out a good natured laugh at his own reaction. “I arrived alone and apart from a few good friends, I’m afraid I’m still quite alone. I am rather fond of cubs though.” But it was far too early to start a family, he believed. “Well, Raimi, I really don’t want to keep you here any longer when you’re obviously busy. Have a safe trip. I hope you manage to get all you need.”  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:40 pm
With that Raimi tipped his head at the guard. "We shall met again. Have a nice day." He then tugged at the sachel that was around his neck with one last tug that strode off towards the rouge lands. He was confident that today was going to be a great day.  

Grumpy Paw

Fuzzy Sex Symbol

18,850 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:47 pm
“You, too.” The Guard said with a smile, watching the white lion as he turned to leave. His blue eyes lingered on the pale shape until the Raimi was but a small dot in the horizon and then Laertes returned to his previous position, followed by the helpful little bird. He stretched languidly, still smiling. He’d maybe a new friend perhaps and though the pride’s customs wouldn’t exactly praise this relationship, he believed Raimi was a pretty decent guy he could easily get along with.

FIN!

[IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff