Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Daffodil Movement

Back to Guilds

Guild for the Daffodil Movement, a cancer awareness movement here on Gaia. 

Tags: cancer, awareness, daffodils, daffodil, movement 

Reply Chat Forum [random chat and blah blah]
My grandfather...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your_Queen_is_back

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:10 am
Hi guys,

I hope this is the right forum to put this in, if not someone can move it. I am worried sick about my grandfather. On Saturday, I found out he was moved to a hospice room after spending ten days in a regular room. He arrived at the hospital due to an infection in his leg. The doctors treated the infection, but at one point last week , they found a mass in his liver sweatdrop . He is having a biopsy done either today or tomorrow to see if the mass is cancerous or not.

I'm hoping it isn't cancerous. He had lung cancer three years ago and he has been in remission for three years, except now I'm not sure if this is a reoccurance or a new thing. I am hoping I'll find out the results by the end of the week from my mom, who calls the hospital regularly to check on his condition (He lives 700 miles away from us, We want to visit him, but my mom said we had to wait for the results first).

To make a long story short, keep him in your thoughts, and I'll keep supporting you guys.... heart and also , thanks for reading this.  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:32 am
UPDATE # 1

I found out from my mum that the biopsy results showed he has a lymphoma on his liver. They are transferring him to a rehabilitation center for him to get his strength back before he starts treatment. My biggest question is I wonder if he can avoid chemo and instead have radiation to treat this. I wondered if anyone else had the same situation sweatdrop . More to come later... 3nodding  

Your_Queen_is_back

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

inky6

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:26 pm
I'm really sorry about your grandfather. My grandfather passed away a few weeks ago from prostate cancer and he also spent time in a rehabilitation center when he was very sick last year. I hope that his treatment goes well.  
Chat Forum [random chat and blah blah]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games