Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:58 pm
Fresnel

it's really not that hard to figure out when your gun isnt going bang anymore, thats not the point of having a bolt hold open anyways.
It's a convenience item, yet the majority of rifles and nearly all pistols come with it. The worst thing in the world is pointing your weapon at someone else, pulling the trigger to save your own life, and hearing "click" because you were too stressed to remember if you fired five rounds or six.User Image

Did I fire 6 shots or only 5? Doesn't matter. It's a 7 shot revolver b***h. BANG!

Having not been in a fire fight I'm not sure how easy it is to keep track of rounds fired on a semi auto, but whenever I go shooting it's pretty easy for me to keep track of my shots fired.  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:44 pm
So this week's video is a Bofors. WHAT THE FUUUUUCK?  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:25 pm
Fresnel

You mean this video?
40mm Bofors Gun  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:37 pm
Floyd
Fresnel

You mean this video?
40mm Bofors Gun
Yeah, I was just too lazy to look up the link.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:08 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Fresnel

it's really not that hard to figure out when your gun isnt going bang anymore, thats not the point of having a bolt hold open anyways.
It's a convenience item, yet the majority of rifles and nearly all pistols come with it. The worst thing in the world is pointing your weapon at someone else, pulling the trigger to save your own life, and hearing "click" because you were too stressed to remember if you fired five rounds or six.
. shooting while being shouted ******** with, pushed to the ground by an instructor while trying to shoot produces a similar effect.

how would you like to have training like this? eek
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_MqiFDMR_Q&feature=related  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:52 pm
Fresnel
Floyd
Fresnel

You mean this video?
40mm Bofors Gun

I love how some mountain counties in the Rockies get around the laws and use military surplus to trigger snowslides in high risk areas. Some used to use Korean era recoilless rifles while others got howitzers and tanks.

Back on the Bofors Gun, I freaked out when the guy started the engine that powered the targeting mechanism. That would be too loud for close range engagements of the stealthy kind.  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

SpeedmanRC

Conservative Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:18 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
I know that newer S12's coming from izmash are being made from the factory with manual bolt hold opens.

I think it's different from the safety lever option
all saiga rifles and shotguns have a manual bolt hold open, they have this so you can sell them in cali. and most ranges need the bolt open for a chamber flag. that's why I left mine on my saiga when I converted it.  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:16 pm
Floyd
Fresnel
Floyd
Fresnel

You mean this video?
40mm Bofors Gun

I love how some mountain counties in the Rockies get around the laws and use military surplus to trigger snowslides in high risk areas. Some used to use Korean era recoilless rifles while others got howitzers and tanks.

Back on the Bofors Gun, I freaked out when the guy started the engine that powered the targeting mechanism. That would be too loud for close range engagements of the stealthy kind.
It's AAA. If an FW-190 can hear you over its own engine, you're a 500lb bomb.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:18 pm
SpeedmanRC
Recon_Ninja_985
I know that newer S12's coming from izmash are being made from the factory with manual bolt hold opens.

I think it's different from the safety lever option
all saiga rifles and shotguns have a manual bolt hold open, they have this so you can sell them in cali. and most ranges need the bolt open for a chamber flag. that's why I left mine on my saiga when I converted it.
The one I shot was new... last February, I think, and it didn't have a bolt hold-open. This, coupled with the rimmed ammo, made a stovepipe a b***h to clear. The shell just would NOT fall out on its own, and I couldn't yank it out with one hand on the bolt and one on the rifle.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff