Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Maestros Del Mar Lands [IC]
[LOG] Fishing for Information (Nemeios x Omari)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reeshie Hack

Dapper Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:11 am
Omari:
Omari liked being alone. Most of the corsairs knew this and generally stayed out of his way and even his siblings knew better than to simply pounce on the sandy-colored lion unless they were looking for a confrontation. It was unusual to see the young lion actively searching for someone other than his sister Zamora but that was exactly what was happening today.

Their mother had left her ship and become a corsair. It seemed she wanted to spend more time with the cubs and even the grumpy little lion couldn’t help but to feel touched by the idea. All the cubs were happier when mom was around and while he wasn’t sure if Makena’s decision would affect his sister’s plans for the future in any way, he wasn’t too worried.

But recently he’d noticed that a male had been sniffing around Makena and the though just didn’t sit well with him. In all honesty, he couldn’t possibly care less about the way males regarded females within the pride. But if anyone thought they could just fool around and make a toy out of his mother (and sister), they were sorely mistaken. That’s why the young sandy-colored lion had borrowed a cloth to hide his spotted back, hoping the spots on his cheeks wouldn’t be enough to give him away as one of Makena’s children. He was paler than his mother, he had stripes and he had blue eyes. Hopefully those differences would buy him enough time to get the truth out of the lion he was looking for. Omari just wanted to know what the male really thought of his mother and how he’d talk about her with a stranger.

Nemeios:
Unusual for him, Nemeios was actually being productive for once. As he sat on the beach, out of the way of the waves that ran up the shore trying to catch his flicking tail, one claw scratched in the sand, drawing a crude map in front of him. He marked the landmarks he remembered and groups they had seen when they last shipped out, marking something of a path for them. His crew would have equal say in the decision of course, but he would come up with some pretty decent options beforehand. It was always better to find options to give to his crew instead of just letting them run amuck. No order could lead to unfortunate mishaps.

As he worked, his mind drifted a bit and a smile moved across his features. He was thinking of a certain corsair. Makena was amusing and hard-working and even innocent at times. Which was interesting, considering she was a mother already. But she still had a cub-like quality to her, whenever she looked coy or blushed beneath her fur. It amused him when that happened. He knew he had the upper paw whenever she did that, but he tried not to abuse it too much. He would need to keep an eye out for a nice treasure for her for certain. Something befitting a gift from a captain.

Omari:
In his preconceived notion of the male, Omari had expected the lion in question to be lazing about with one or more corsairs in tow, worshipping him and waiting to fulfill his every whim. So he wasn’t exactly sure how to react when he caught the lion drawing in the sand by himself.
“Hello...”Omari greeted as he approached the adult and immediately winced inwardly. He was not used to this kind of thing. Chit-chatting was usually the furthest thing from his mind. He looked at the lion in the eyes, making a huge effort to sound curious and polite while hoping the lion wouldn’t recognize him. “What are you doing?”

Nemeios:
Nemeios allowed an eyebrow to rise under his headband as he was approached by a young male. He wasn't very old, somewhere between cubhood and adolescence and the thought crossed his mind that this might be one of Makena's brood. He didn't really look like the female, but there was really no telling. He didn't look too much like his mother, nor did his brother Smaug. He wrote it off for the moment, it really didn't matter who's brat he was, just that he was here and asking questions.

"Considering the course of our next journey out into the roguelands. I need to give my crew some plans to choose from," he replied in a bit of a mumble as he returned to looking at the map he had drawn.
"What are you doing wandering away from the ladies?" He didn't even look up with the question.

Omari:
Oh, so he was actually being productive. Driven by his own self-righteousness, Omari almost felt disappointed. And he seemed to be the confident sort which while it was something he could respect, could also pose some difficulty in getting answers out of him. At least he wasn’t being overly dismissive.
“I’m trying to meet some adults. I’ll be leaving the Corsairs soon. I’m Omari.” He lied with ease and absolutely no regret. Never mind the fact that there was still some time before he reached adolescence.
“Are you a captain?” That Omari didn’t really know as he hadn’t asked around about the lion. He did wonder why a captain would give choices instead of orders but. In all honesty, he wasn’t on speaking terms with of the pride’s males. Apart from the Commodore himself, the sand-colored lion was only familiar with the Corsairs and the other New Bloods.

Nemeios:
"Mmm, sounds like a good thing to do, help to pick out what ship to join," Nemeios replied and paused to look at his drawing for a moment.
"Nemeios," he added, not answering whether he was a captain or not. He was, of course. The Dragon wasn't one of the more ostentatious of the captains, he didn't really flaunt it much. He also knew the value of being underestimated.

Oh sure, he dressed the part and he made it clear on certain occasions just who and what he was, but for the most part he kept to himself. He liked talking to the corsairs and he spent time often with his brother, but he didn't really hang out with the other crews. Maybe his sometimes but... He likes his down time to be more private after spending so long with his crew away from the pridelands.

"Won't the lovely ladies be missing you?" he asked, glancing at the younger male, green eyes hooded and lazy-looking.

Omari:
Ah, good! He got a name in return though not a rank, strangely enough. Normally he wouldn’t care but being a Captain came with certain perks, namely being able to keep the grubby paws of the other males off their chosen corsair. That would make this situation almost okay as far as Omari was concerned.
“They stay out of my way most of the times. They know that I like to be left alone.” He was revealing a few things about himself but he needed to make his point without raising too much suspicion right from the start. “I only talk to my sister… and Makena.”

Nemeios:
Nemeios chuckled. What an interesting contradiction that was, to want to be left alone and yet approaching one of the older crew.
"I'm sure you'll change your mind on that when you get a bit older."

And then Omari mentioned Makena. Nemeios allowed his mouth to quirk a bit in a smile.
"She's a special one, Makena, hmm? I best hurry up and make up my mind if she gets this much attention," he replied, the chuckle still in his voice. Yeah, this was probably one of her brood, probably fishing for information about his mom and him. Unfortunately there wasn't too much to tell. Nemeios liked Makena, he could even go so far as to say she was his favorite. He didn't have much of an eye for the other corsairs.
But his idea of liking an individual was much different from that of most others. He was very self-centered after all.

Omari:
Omari wanted to snort but managed to restrain his impulse. He greatly disliked being told that he’d change his mind about some generic future thing but at least Nemeios hadn’t spoken with that condescending tone Omari hated so much.

“The Commodore seems to think so.” He said slowly, wondering if his cover had been blown already. From the male’s words he assumed he was indeed a Captain but he wasn’t sure how to take the idea of someone claiming his mother even if it was better than having all the other males sniffing around. “They’re on friendly terms, after all.”

It wasn’t a lie. But it was, in a way, a clear warning for the adult. Omari was well aware than he couldn’t threaten another male simply for his interest on his mother. But he was sure Pirato wouldn’t take kindly to someone hurting Makena just because they felt like it. He wouldn’t tell Nemeios to run and claim his mother either. Honestly, the cub was still figuring out his own opinion on the whole situation.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:00 am
Nemeios:
Nem knew about Makena and the Commodore, but he wasn't sure just how they were with one another. He thought she had flirted with him a bit more than the other crew members, but he hadn't seen her interact with Pirato.
... No, no she didn't like the Commodore, not like him. It was lending way to much to his pride, but he honestly thought that in this regard he had the upper-paw on his superior.

"I thought they might be on good terms," he replied in a kind of musing voice, more thinking aloud than anything else. He stared off into space for a moment before turning his attention back to the young male.

"Now, Omari, are you through fishing for information on my opinions of Makena so that I can get back to work?"

Omari:
It took a very, very long time for the young lion to answer. He just stood there, looking straight into the Captain’s eyes as if frozen, his expression still neutral for the most part but with a hint of something akin to surprise now as if he hadn’t expected the adult to be quite so blunt with his words.

“Aye, I’m done.” The sandy-colored lion broke the silence with the short, belated answer, taking a couple of steps back. He hesitated, still watching the green lion intently before he turned as if to leave, his movements somewhat uncoordinated as he turned. In all honesty, Omari looked a little lost. He very much regretted giving the larger lion his real name now as it made him feel vulnerable for some reason but unfortunately he didn’t yet have a pirate name to share and an outright lie regarding his identity could probably land him in a bit of trouble.

“Good day, Captain.” The young lion said a little more politely as he looked back, not quite himself yet. He’d expected his intentions to be exposed but not really to be called on them quite like that. He had to give it to the Captain though… he was clever. Perhaps he would come to consider the green lion worthy of his mother. Maybe.

Nemeios:
All Nem did was nod in response before returning his attention to the crude map he had been working on. Oh, the brat was clever, he'd give him that. He might even make a good first mate or captain someday. Nem would have maybe even liked to see the boy in his own crew, though he would never let anyone take Kook's place. His brother was the only creature he trusted enough to be his second-in-command.

But Omari seemed to be sneaky and smart. The fact that he seemed genuinely concerned about who his mother spent time with also gave the young male points in the captain's mind. For all of his vices, Nem understood the value of a mother. His father had abandoned his mother and aunt with two large litters of his cubs; he and his brothers and half-siblings/cousins had been raised by their mothers alone. And while he and his older brother had grown to become thieving pirates, Nem at least still had a healthy respect for all his mother had done for them.

Reeshie Hack

Dapper Hunter

[IC] Maestros Del Mar Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces