IN THE NAVY!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Private Sanders

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:25 am
You can serve your motherland!

I haven't posted here in forever. Sorry about that.

So, a couple weeks ago I went down to MEPS and signed an enlistment contract with the Navy, which means I'm officially a sailor now. I ship out to boot camp June 21st. My job is AECF (Advanced Electronics/ Computer Field), which is split into two ratings: Electronics Technician and Fire Controlman. I get assigned a rating in A school, which is where I go after boot camp, and learn the rating in C school (A school is preliminary training for both ETs and FCs). FCs fire missiles, and ETs keep the missile systems operational. Either way, I get to work with missile systems. I'm told this is a very prestigious job, and very hard to get (there are only a few in the Navy, as it doesn't take a lot of people to fire a missile). Completion of C school comes with promotion to E4 (the lowest petty officer rank), which takes a year or two in many other ratings. Training takes over six months (including boot camp), but it's a great job to have. Boot camp, A school, and C school are all in Chicago.

I feel good. Real good.  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 3:36 pm
congrats seaman sanders  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Private Sanders

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:06 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
congrats seaman sanders
Thanks!

...I really need to change that username.  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:31 am
Private Sanders
Recon_Ninja_985
congrats seaman sanders
Thanks!

"Seaman Sample?"

Actually, my brother new a Seaman Sample in the Navy. She got booted up to Petty Officer really goddamn fast.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Private Sanders

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:09 pm
Fresnel
Private Sanders
Recon_Ninja_985
congrats seaman sanders
Thanks!

"Seaman Sample?"

Actually, my brother new a Seaman Sample in the Navy. She got booted up to Petty Officer really goddamn fast.
XD I can imagine.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:13 pm
Oh, apparently there's an age-old trick about asking the new guy to go get new batteries for the sound-powered phones. Come back with an air horn, see what they think about that. xd  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Chatterbox/Humor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas