Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you done your good deed for today?
Yes sir!!
47%
 47%  [ 11 ]
I'm still looking for those poor souls to help!
34%
 34%  [ 8 ]
I was unable to today, but I will 3 times as many tomorrow!
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 23

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:32 am
Speaking of cleaning, I'm also helping my boyfriend clean-up/out his room. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:07 pm
I am a champion for feeder animals' rights! I ensure that the crickets, the mealworms, and whatever other critters serve as food for our carnivorous patients and boarders have clean enviroments suited to the psychological well-being of each species, clean food and water, and are not handled roughly by any of the staff when being transported into cages for feeding. I also encourage everyone to leave a little food for the feeder animals in the cage itself after placing them there, so that they can munch and have some shelter in which to hide until they are munched upon in turn. The feeder animals are as happy as can be during their stay with us- just because something is food doesn't mean that it doesn't deserve to be treated well! In fact, it should be treated with honor and respect no matter what kind of critter it is, simply because of that fact! Feeders are important, and they give their lives to sustain ours or those we treasure- that should be remembered.

I also spent my entire lunch period sitting with one of our boarding kitties, who was getting a little bewildered about being boarded for so long. She and I holed up in an exam room, where I could sit quietly and she could stretch her legs- though she spent most of her time on or around my lap being petted.^_^  

WebenBanu

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:52 am
I've been giving spiritual advice to a few individuals in another guild I'm in, and it seems to have improved their spirits about the issue of faith. So yeah, I'm being helpful. confused  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:08 pm
We're helping to rescue cats from the Katrina disaster area at work.^_^ The first couple of kittens arrived recently- there's a picture of them on my journal. Go see! Very cute!^_^

>A Wandering Kat<

And the entry just prior to that has more excited babbling about the program.^_^  

WebenBanu

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:57 pm
Saturday night, it was absoluting pouring down rain. Gotta love catching the tail end of hurricanes on nights I have to work till close. stare I had hung out on campus for a few hours with a friend to relax after news about a fmaily crisis; we ate some garlic fingers, watched Lilo and Stitch and Aladdin, and then he called me a cab so I could go home. As we go down, three guys come in and their sopping wet, and three other guys pile into my cab. My friend goes to call me another, and I begin my ten minute wait for another cab. While waiting, the same three wet gentlemen come up, and I start talking with them. Turns out they're waiting on a cab from the same company I am. When my cab finally gets there, they give me a heads up. Feeling bad and knowing what kind of a wait they're looking at (since it's 1:30 AM), I offer to share my cab. They couldn't believe it. They asked if I was sure, said they were all going to different places and I shrugged, saying I was in no hurry to get anywhere, and it saved them a wait. So we all pile in, and away we go. It was late by the time I got home, but as I crawled into bed, I certainly felt I had done something for someone else, and hope that they passed the good vibe along. ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:57 pm
Yesterday, coming back from anatomy class, my room mate and I came across a very decrepit stray puppy. We took it to the nearest animal hospital as he staggered terribly when he walked.

I paid for the medical treatments he recieved (close to 350 pounds). Due to the fact that I was not the owner, there appeared to be none, and I paid the bill, the vertinary office asked me if my friend and I would like to foster the puppy until a good citizen wanted to adopt him, with permission from our land lady. We were granted permission, and will be caring for this dog I've named Bruce until someone truly loving comes to retreive him.

Kabuki Doll

liftedplane

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:55 pm
I have tried... but my bike was stolen... and... I've been very angry with the world. or... yeah I don't know what I did to deserve ut so... I'll go and make up for it.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:55 am
I don't know if this completely counts, but I'm sure as hell proud of myself for doing it!

Saturday night, I was talking with my best friend. He had gone home for the weekend, one of the rare occaisons he's left the university, to visit his family, and discuss the possibility of getting his X Ring. For anyone who doesn't know what X Ring is, it's the signiture piece of my university; all of the grads are eligable for a golden ring with a big black X on it, and it's one of the world's most recognized rings. From the day you set foot on this campus, you're hyped up about X Ring. And this is finally our year to get it.

The catch is that these rings are rediculously expensive. Kind of liek everything else that goes part and parcel with university life. My ring cost me $360, his was going to cost $500 or so, so he needed cash from his folks to help. They refused. I actually cried, because it was two days before the order deadline, and this was going to be the one ceremony in four years I could I was going to get to share with him. It was so unfair!

But then I had a plan. He'd have until Novemeber 15th to pay for the ring. I had promised him the $50.00 deposit as an early Christmas gift if he needed it, and her certainly needed it! So I handed it to him Sunday morning and said "I'm giving you this now as a gift. It's yours. I promise you $200.00 more by the middle of November, as a loan that you have to pay me back someday in the future, and the rest is up for you to cover." Reluctantly, he agreed.

As it stands, I'm in the process of organizing some fundraising. A few mutual friends have said they're willing to contribute a bit of money, and I'm going to be doing tarot readings around the campus for $10.00. With any luck, we'll have the money for him in no time. ^^

If you're still confused about X Ring, this should help clear things up.

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Quadadiddle
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:56 pm
It's nothing major, but I gave out pairs of chopsticks today razz

And I also took back the pop-tarts my teacher took away from Amy because we're not allowed to eat in the classroom. We only got a few bites in before he took 'em again, but hey.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:02 pm
Today I helped a girl out by resizing her really large picture for Gaia and uploaded it for her until she gets it on a server.

All my other karma stuff gets posted in my profile under the about section.  

Mina Beltara

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:18 am
While it was small, it made me feel special:

I helped an Austrailian-Exchange chaperone get onto the internet at my school so he could contact his wife, who's having a baby. heart  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:50 pm
Jameta

I helped an Austrailian-Exchange chaperone get onto the internet at my school so he could contact his wife, who's having a baby. heart

Is any good deed really a "small" one?  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:38 pm
Atma311
Jameta

Is any good deed really a "small" one?
By society's standards, it can be. Then again, sometimes I think society should screw itself. xd

Perhaps it could be considered "small" because of the effort or energy used to create in. In any case, it still made both of us feel good. heart  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:36 pm
i as a rule, never ask for anything i can go without unless prodded to the point of not being able to refuse anymore. so i will gladly and proudly (although technically humbly) mention the many good things i have had done to me by certain people in the hopes that i can get someone to give them the recognition they deserve! blaugh
first of all, my girlfriend, kasie. she has been so wonderfull to me, always ready to talk, to calm me down when i'm freaking out, to go so far out of her way to make me happy, even if i'm doing just fine. she has taken so many beatings to keep me safe and clear, and just so that there wouldn't be anything taken out on me, even though i deserved it. she backs me up in everything i do, every moment of out life, and never once thinks anything more of it. she realy deserves to be given some kind of award that i can't give her...some kind of practical... wonderfull...something, that will make her cry with joy, as if it were the all the greatest treasures in the universe piled together and multiplied by ten, right in front of her feet.
second, my best friend tay, whom i love so very much, and always will. she has been there for me through thick and thing, warm and freezing, dark and light and gray. through gf/bf relationship, to best friend relationship, to bf/gf, to bff, to bf/gf, to bff and still we never once have had any form of total breakup. she gave me my first chances at owning collectible items on gaia, which by the way has been my only social life for over a year, and i had no social life before gaia, and even now i don't have a very successfull social life...anyway, she has saved me from depression, she gave me something to turn to, and she is always there to cheer me up when i am in a slump, no matter how late at night it is.
third, is holly, someone so willing to help the people who she cares about, and who hates the world and the way people in general are. she would do anything, and i mean ANYTHING for me. she even offered to let me own her as a slave, to with whatever i want whenever i want. she only cares for making the world better, and for giving and giving with no limit beyond what she calls "her own pathetic limitations." but she is not at all pathetic, and she is so willing to give more and more than i am willing to take without it being insisted. give her so much in return for all this she offers, aftera ll, it;s the thought that counts, and she realy would have done this for me if we in person instead of on the phone when she offered.  

twilight insanity

The Owl's Roost | Resources and Services |

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces