Score!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:06 pm
So as Fres and to a lesser extent Armas already know my grandpa is looking to get me a hunting rifle.

As any of the oldfags here should already know I have an uncle who hosts our annual family reunion and he has a collection of guns that would make any /k/ommando cream their pants.

User Image

Last year I snapped this picture of a ruger 10/22 with a beautiful woven maple stock he hand crafted. Beautiful stuff.

Anyway a few days ago my grandpa got the idea that he wants to teach me to hunt. I'm already 21 but better late than never right? ninja

We were thinking about various rifles in various calibers trying to decide what to get. He used to have an old 30-06 but he gave it to the aforementioned uncle almost 10 years ago. This guy has easily over 30 rifles as it is so unless he has a sentimental attachment to this particular one my grandpa is going to see about getting the rifle back so I can have it. If he is willing to part with it I will be able to pick it up the last weekend of July at the reunion.

And if that fails we'll check the local pawn shops to try and find a decent used rifle.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:38 pm
So I just heard back from my uncle. He has more guns than he knows what to do with so he's glad to give up his 30-06 my grandpa got him. I'll post pics in August.

Also: after last years reunion I mentioned him building a .50 rifle. It's finished and with the muzzle brake it has less recoil than the 06. biggrin  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:02 pm
a slug gun or a .308 :3

ask him for an M1A xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:00 am
Recon_Ninja_985

ask him for an M1A xd
You know, I've gotta say, I love the M1A, it's a great gun, but Springfield Armory needs to stop drinking that goddamn European kool-aid and lower the price. Yes it's a nice rifle, but it's not $1700 of nice. It's $1200 of nice at best, $800 optimally.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:39 am
Recon_Ninja_985

ask him for an M1A xd
If I could choose a rifle of my choice I would but my grandpa asked for the 30-06 enfield instead.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:45 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
User Image

Last year I snapped this picture of a ruger 10/22 with a beautiful woven maple stock he hand crafted. Beautiful stuff.

Damn, that's art! I love maple for rifle stocks! But if I owned that, I'd never take it out of the house.

Glad to see you're getting a rifle you want and can do some real hunting with.  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:55 pm
Floyd

Damn, that's art! I love maple for rifle stocks! But if I owned that, I'd never take it out of the house.

Glad to see you're getting a rifle you want and can do some real hunting with.
Yeah it's a beautiful stock and feels so good in my arms. Feels better in my arms than any woman ever has...

forever alone crying  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:43 pm
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985

ask him for an M1A xd
You know, I've gotta say, I love the M1A, it's a great gun, but Springfield Armory needs to stop drinking that goddamn European kool-aid and lower the price. Yes it's a nice rifle, but it's not $1700 of nice. It's $1200 of nice at best, $800 optimally.
which is why theres the polytech m14S
... although the muzzle thread isnt standard, who really cares. lol

my second choice is a para fal  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Bat Weasel

7,300 Points
  • Citizen 200