Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Graphic Makers [TGM]

Back to Guilds

A guild where graphic designers / webpage builders can enjoy each others company. 

Tags: graphic, profile, web design, photoshop, design 

Reply Random Chatter
So I'm new to this guild and I could use some friends...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitten Aces

1,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:18 am
Hi everyone! My name is Joel, I'm a junior in college, I'm working to get my bachelors degree in Graphic Design, and well... I need some artistic/graphic friends! I'd like to get to know this guild, and it's members a bit better. I think it'd be nice for all of us! So lets get to chatting 3nodding

whee  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:21 pm
Hey, Joel! My name is Arran. I'm a Senior at a Technical High School, studying the field of Graphics Communications. Don't take me lightly though, my school has an excellent program, and I started learning this stuff when I was 14. I'm not nearly the best, but my knowledge is broad. So lets get to chatting! razz  

Sonkurra-Taichou

Dapper Guildsman

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Morgu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:18 pm
hey guys! I was invited to this guild and I just joined ! >.< Ugh everyone here seems like soo talented and educated compared to me! I just started out in graphics (self-taught) and argh I don't really feel like I'm good enough for it :c Could you guys take a look at my GFX shop and tell me what ya think?

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/personalized-graphics/pixie-dust-gfx-store-thread-layouts-open/t.77640451/

(Quote this please)  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:20 pm
Welcome, Joel! I'm glad you can join us. View our tell us about you page and post something about yourself on that forum as well.

@Morgu: You're very talented! I like all of your examples. I know people who get jobs because of tutorials and google without going to school.

It would be great if you could join our Valentines activity [here]. I know you guys will make excellent presents for your cupid!  

Dante Demoness
Vice Captain

Morgu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:39 am
Dante Demoness
Welcome, Joel! I'm glad you can join us. View our tell us about you page and post something about yourself on that forum as well.

@Morgu: You're very talented! I like all of your examples. I know people who get jobs because of tutorials and google without going to school.

It would be great if you could join our Valentines activity [here]. I know you guys will make excellent presents for your cupid!

(: Thanks for the kind compliment.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:56 am
Dante Demoness

Does it have to be Graphics only for the contest. I am a coder not a graphics person.

[@ Morgu]: You are definitely heading in the right direction. Impressive. Glue yourself to some Graphics majors and you will pick up their vocab in no time and it will help you work on your style.

[@ Joel]: Suuupp ~

chrissy b e a n

Hygienic Gawker

10,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Morgu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:42 am
digital m u f f i n s
Dante Demoness

Does it have to be Graphics only for the contest. I am a coder not a graphics person.

[@ Morgu]: You are definitely heading in the right direction. Impressive. Glue yourself to some Graphics majors and you will pick up their vocab in no time and it will help you work on your style.

Aww ty Muffins c: that means a lot  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:29 am
digital m u f f i n s
Dante Demoness

Nope! It can be a font layout, profile, art, or something else that you think would be a fun present. I know people who've gotten profiles before, some graphic designers aren't coders, so it's fun to get a layout. smile  

Dante Demoness
Vice Captain

Reikoena

Otherworldly Dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:30 pm
hello, i'm laura!
like morgu, i'm self-taught and use gimp for my graphics.
i'm not the best, but i still have a lot to learn. (:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:38 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

................... Luna Chi ....................
-----------------------------------------------------------------

{Welcome to the guild all of you who are new heart
I hope you all have a wonderful experience here, I am also a self taught graphic designer and I understand what most of you are going through. It just takes practice and I know that all of you will become amazing designers!
Oh also you may call me Chi :3 If you have any questions dont be afraid to ask, whether it be graphic related or not. I've used Gimp, to Photoshop, and SAI Painter (although SAI I've used for mostly just my art). }

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Chishire
Crew

Anxious Trash

15,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Sidhe the Unfeeling
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:15 am
ohai. Nice to see all the crew members posting :3 I'm self taught and I've a heck load of experience.. so if you like my work, please don't hesitate to ask! I like nice people~  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:45 pm
Don't worry. I am also new to this guild. My name is Vivian, so you can just call me Vivi. How goes your day so far?  

SGG Mule

ii_l3git_asian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:03 am
Im New to this graphic stuff nd dont know anyone here add me scream  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:52 pm
wahmbulance
Kitten Aces
Hi everyone! My name is Joel, I'm a junior in college, I'm working to get my bachelors degree in Graphic Design, and well... I need some artistic/graphic friends! I'd like to get to know this guild, and it's members a bit better. I think it'd be nice for all of us! So lets get to chatting 3nodding

whee

ii_l3git_asian

Random Chatter

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces