Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Maestros Del Mar Lands [IC]
[LOG] Point to Point (Pizarro & Katerina)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:55 pm
Pizarro
Pizarro sat on the beach, staring at his toes. He was trying to figure out whether it was something to do with the water, the slight bleaching of the fur in that place. No one had told him that salt could bleach a lion's fur, though he had observed for himself that it could make his fur stiff and almost crunchy if he spent too much time in it and was not careful and thorough about grooming. Fortunately, his mother was always willing to help him with that, so it wasn't a state he had to endure for very long. But the bleaching...that was something unusual and he wasn't sure what caused it.

"Well, it could be," he allowed, speaking to a seagull who floated several meters out. "But there's no way to be certain without trying it out. And I'm not sure how to go about doing that."

The seagull did not seem terribly interested in what Zarro had to say, but as long as the spotted cub stayed on the shore, it didn't seem to mind being addressed, either. Zarro shook his head and batted softly at the water that lapped at his feet. It was a mystery, and would just have to remain so.

Katerina
The female was paying close attention to the male that was sticking to the sandy shore. She knew he was wise to stay there, as the water wasnt somewhere he really needed to be when she was there. She wasnt exactly friendly towards males, and her goal was to lure as many as she could in, and knock them out.. dragging them back to her pride for her sisters to gain amusement from. But this male was young, and he bode no purpose for hte lean female. Her paws danced along the sandbar, right under the surface of the water. If you werent where hse was, it was almost impossible to see. She smiled, a knowing glint in her eyes. She stood taller, and moved in his direction. Her body graceful, moving about like the ocean waves moved along the shore.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:08 pm
Pizarro
The gull Zarro had been addressing suddenly took flight, rising awkwardly from the water with violent, powerful beats of its grey-tipped wings. Its raucous cries were impossible to ignore, and so its departure drew his ruby-eyed gaze. Just a little beyond where the gull had been, well, more in the direction the gull had taken in departing, there was something unusual about the water. There was a shape rising out of it, and it wasn't rolling and roiling like a wave should or would.

"Well, that's unusual," Zarro said. He squinted and took a few steps into the water so that it eddied around his paws. By doing so he was able to bring the sight into clearer focus and determine that he was looking at the figure of a lioness who was, to all appearances, standing on the water.

"Shiver me timbers," he breathed. "That lady be walking on the waves."

Katerina
She watched the gull fly off, and she was thankful for it. She wouldnt have to kill it after all. But she looked over the youth and grinned. He was a younger male, though his mane was almost full. Wouldnt be long now before he was a big strapping pirate. Oh she knew what he was, he smelled of it and she knew the smell all too well.

"You there." She called. "You're a pirate, arent you." She said, less of a question than the statement sounded.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:06 pm
Pizarro
"Seems y'know more o' me than I know o' you, missy," Pizarro observed.

He grinned, trying to imitate the way he thought his brother Schylar would behave in this situation. He always assumed his brother was far more suave than he was. Schy wasn't afraid of anything or anyone. Unlike Zarro, who got sick at the sight of blood.

"What do ye want o' me?"

Katerina
"I want you to talk to me. I need some information of you." She commanded, sitting and eyeing the male with a raise of her eyebrow. Her tail flicked back and forth, the longer tail fluff playing on each side of her in the sand.

"Do you think you can help me with some information?" She asked curiously.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:12 pm
Pizarro
A bossy lass, this one, Zarro thought to himself. There were plenty of women like that around the pride. Mostly the corsairs would get bossy if they thought you'd let them get away with it. Zarro didn't mind them being bossy with him. It meant he got to be a favorite with them, and being a favorite got him certain privileges.

"Might be I can help ye," he said. "I'm not wholly unaware of the world around me."

"What is it ye be wantin' to know?"

Katerina
"I am searching for the location of a friend. An old friend, one that wouldnt remember me if he saw me today." She responded, happy for that last bit. She didnt want to meet him.. She had once before. She just wanted to know if he lived. She had never been told, and it was something that she had to know. Especially with mother being gone from the plague months before.

"He would be a very dark blue, a little glowing marking on his hip." She said thinking. She wasnt sure what the marking was. It had been years and the years had blurred her memory. She only knew it was there.

"Tell me, young one. Do you know of whom I speak?"

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:19 pm
Pizarro
"Sounds like some friend. Can't imagine a body not recognizin' ye though. Ye seem t'me like ye'd be a hard lass t' forget." Certainly he wouldn't be forgetting her any time soon.

He didn't expect that he would be able to help her, however. Not if it had really been so long since she'd seen this friend. He was probably long gone, if he even still lived. It wasn't likely he was dead, unless he was old, but still.

Thus Zarro was surprised when the lioness began to describe someone who sounded fairly familiar to him. A lion of his own pride, actually.

"Might be I do. What do ye want with him?"

Katerina
"As I said. He's a dear friend of mine. Special, in that he shares my blood. The relation is unimportant." She said, as if that was all the information about him that she could share. She really didnt know if she wanted the male to her name again. She didnt know if she wanted him to know who she was to him.

"My pride dropped him here long ago. For being the male he is." She nodded, and laughed a bit deviantly and sighed.
"Of course darling. You'll never forget me either." And she got back on topic.

"Have you seen him?" She asked again.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:34 pm
Pizarro
Someone in the pride was related to this oceanic vision of loveliness? Well that was just so many kinds of unfair. And she only wanted to find her relative. Well, he could help with that. Perhaps she would remember him well for having helped her.

"Well, if it be yer family ye want, I canna stand 'twixt you an' that."

He could. But he wouldn't. It was enough to know that the lovely lass wasn't looking for his pridemate because she was in love with him. It meant Zarro could entertain a slight hope that she would take up with him.

"I'll not forget ye, tha's so. But ye might yet give me a token fer remembrance. After all, I can help ye find yer family. Ye've but to follow me."

Katerina
She grinned at the males comments and rolled her eyes. With a chuckle she looked back at him and raised an eyebrow.
Looking side to side, she saw a little white sanddollar washed up on the shore. The sun had completely bleached it, making it bright white. She smiled, holding the sanddollar up to him.

"Is this enough of a token for your help? And nonono." She said shaking her head. She wasnt following anyone. She didnt want to meet this male, or have him see her. No she just wanted to know if he was here.

"I dont want to talk to him. At all." She said.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:41 pm
Pizarro
A sand dollar. Well, it wasn't what he was hoping for, but it was something. He would have to be more specific the next time he asked a lass for a token.

"'Tis a fine token, aye. But if ye dinna want to talk to'im, what do ye want with 'im?"

Katerina
She smiled down at the male, and licked his cheek, before turning to saunter away. She looked behind her, stopping her movements.

"I just wanted to know if he lived. Its been a long time, and sometimes a sister worries." She said with a wink, and then turned to leave once more, dissappearing into the mists of the water as they enveloped her on her way back home.

[IC] Maestros Del Mar Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games