Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:13 pm
When even Numrich fails you, where do you go? I'm missing a non-vital part for one of my guns, and Numrich has the gun, but doesn't list that part as being purchasable. My Mossberg M44 has a screw that goes in the front of the magazine, to prevent .22 Short from misfeeding. Either the CMP or the military before them lost it, and it didn't come with the gun (much like the "safe" colored indicator and the front sling swivel). Numrich sells the magazines WITH the screws, but doesn't sell just the screws. Gunbroker is hit-or-miss as a whole, and has been entirely miss so far, and I can't find anybody who sells just the screw online, only whole magazines. Do you guys know anybody who has a pretty good selection of gun parts?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:09 pm
-find a substitute
-apply loctite

alternatively
-buy moar mags
-apply loctite to those screws so they go nowhere  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:35 am
Recon_Ninja_985
-find a substitute
-apply loctite
Last resort, ******** loctite. If I lock it in, I can't shoot .22LR any more. It's a long, skinny screw... probably hard to find.

Quote:
alternatively
-buy moar mags
$45/mag. Last last resort.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:45 am
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
-find a substitute
-apply loctite
Last resort, ******** loctite. If I lock it in, I can't shoot .22LR any more. It's a long, skinny screw... probably hard to find.

Quote:
alternatively
-buy moar mags
$45/mag. Last last resort.
that suuuuuucks  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

SpeedmanRC

Conservative Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:29 pm
you don't have a screw you can go to ACE or Home Depot and get a match? if it's to long just grind some off.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:52 pm
try brownell's  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:23 pm
Useful thread is useful.

I'm looking for a long barrel with a choke for my Mossberg 500. Don't know what I should look for, but its going to be for skeet shooting, if this helps.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:03 pm
Capt Buckner CTO
Useful thread is useful.

I'm looking for a long barrel with a choke for my Mossberg 500. Don't know what I should look for, but its going to be for skeet shooting, if this helps.

-improved cylinder choke
-use anywhere between #7 and #9 shot. pretty much something that shoots lots and lots of little pellets

annnnnd just get whatever length barrel you want. doesnt matter much  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:13 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Capt Buckner CTO
Useful thread is useful.

-improved cylinder choke
-use anywhere between #7 and #9 shot. pretty much something that shoots lots and lots of little pellets

There are "skeet" chokes. I heard someone say that either skeet 1 or skeet 2 was the ideal all-around choke, tight enough to pattern all shots better (even buckshot, which doesn't respond well to most chokes), but loose enough to let a slug pass through.

Also, I tried Brownell's, they've got two kinds of scope mount, and nothing else. Not even mags.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:40 pm
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Capt Buckner CTO
Useful thread is useful.

-improved cylinder choke

There are "skeet" chokes. I heard someone say that either skeet 1 or skeet 2 was the ideal all-around choke, tight enough to pattern all shots better (even buckshot, which doesn't respond well to most chokes), but loose enough to let a slug pass through.

Also, I tried Brownell's, they've got two kinds of scope mount, and nothing else. Not even mags.

I need a new barrel. My current one does not have a choke, or threads for a choke.  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:48 pm
Capt Buckner CTO
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Capt Buckner CTO
Useful thread is useful.

-improved cylinder choke

I need a new barrel. My current one does not have a choke, or threads for a choke.
Ask a gunsmith what he'd charge to fit your barrel for a choke. It must be less than buying a new barrel, or nobody would have it done.

ETA: Oh yeah, you have two other choices: First, shoot with what you've got. I've got an 18.5" open choke on mine, and I was cracking clays with no difficulty. Second, the obvious, buy a new barrel. This is probably one of the best deals you can get.  
Buying and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games