Reply Honk if you love reading!
The "What are you reading?" Thread

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bokusenou

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:08 pm
So, what has everyone been reading? Please include a description of the book and/or your thoughts so far.

I'm reading GO by Kazuki Kaneshiro. It's in Japanese, but I wish it would be translated to English, so I could recommend it to my non-Japanese speaking friends! It also has a movie version, which is easy to find subbed...
The book is about a second generation Korean guy living in Japan, who decides to go to a regular Japanese high school, instead of one for Koreans living in Japan, and once his classmates find out he's Korean, he gets really teased and bullied. The book is really funny, even though it's dealing with the serious subject of discrimination ethnic minorities in Japan. The main character's narration is one of the most amusing parts. It reminded me of the opening narration in the movie "Fight Club", and never ceases to be interesting. So far, the book is really entertaining.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:08 am
lots and lots of fanfiction~

Mostly romantic, cheesy stuff because it makes me smile c:  

Paradoxismminant
Captain

Bokusenou

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:28 am
Paradoxismminant

Fanfiction of what series?^^  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:37 am
Bokusenou
Paradoxismminant

Fanfiction of what series?^^
A lot of series...Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Naruto, Star Trek, and Vampire Knight, among others.  

Paradoxismminant
Captain

Green_crayon42

Interesting Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:47 pm
I'm currently reading Memiors of a Geisha...not my type of book exactly, but I'm gonna finish it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:29 pm
I'm currently reading 'The Wise Man's Fear' by Patrick Rothfuss. It's science-fiction/fantasy and it's a really good and unique book - highly recommended. biggrin  

Angelique Sedai

5,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Paradoxismminant
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:55 am
I just finished reading a pretty good book called Carter Finally Gets It.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:51 pm
I'm reading The Inferno. I've been avoiding it, but I WILL finish it. I'm very close to the end, and i'm not giving up. evil
It is truly interesting to read this work, but difficult to comprehend. It's very dry and just..compels one to avoid it.

I'm just about to start From Baghdad, With Love by Lieutenant Colonel Jay Kopelman with Melinda Roth.
It seems like an adorable true story. the lieutenant finds this puppy in an abandoned house in Baghdad I'm guessing, and though no Marine is allowed pets, he adopts it.  

Green_crayon42

Interesting Gekko

Honk if you love reading!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces