Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
sulphur substitutes?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:58 am
i've read/heard that tobacco can be used as a substitute for sulphur; is this true? also, are there any other substitutes that can be used in place of sulphur?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:11 am
What made you settle on using sulphur in the first place?

IT LOOKS LIKE WE ALL NEED AN EDUCATIONAL VIDEO  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:18 am
Garlic is an appropriate substitute for sulfur. Tobacco is a plant associate with Mars and Fire, whereas sulfur is Saturnian or Solar - you could use tobacco as well, but garlic is typically the more sulfurous of the two.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:10 pm
Sanguina Cruenta

i don't want to use sulphur, thats why i was asking about a substitute. i have noticed that several spells call for sulphur powder. i'm not casting any at the moment, it's more of a "for future reference" question.

edit: that would be awesome to shoot lazers that make things disappear from your eyes. that would be my superpower.  

whiporwill-o

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:11 pm
Morgandria
Garlic is an appropriate substitute for sulfur. Tobacco is a plant associate with Mars and Fire, whereas sulfur is Saturnian or Solar - you could use tobacco as well, but garlic is typically the more sulfurous of the two.

thank you smile i like the idea of using garlic much better than tobacco (and sulphur).  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:21 pm
whiporwill-o
Sanguina Cruenta

i don't want to use sulphur, thats why i was asking about a substitute. i have noticed that several spells call for sulphur powder. i'm not casting any at the moment, it's more of a "for future reference" question.

edit: that would be awesome to shoot lazers that make things disappear from your eyes. that would be my superpower.

i'm asking what sulphur is meant to do in that spell. if you know what it's for you'll know what you can substitute it with.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:08 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
whiporwill-o
Sanguina Cruenta

i'm asking what sulphur is meant to do in that spell. if you know what it's for you'll know what you can substitute it with.

oh! derp xd i've noticed that it's used a lot in protective and banishing spells. like i said, i'm not casting right now, i just like to be knowledgeable of things like that in case i'm ever in a pinch. smile  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games