Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Recalling Dreams

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Talesofbiro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:57 pm
Over the last few years ((not entirely sure how long, at least 4-5)) I can't seem to recall my dreams. One of the following is how things usually play out:

1. When I wake up I remember nothing, as if time just jumps x amount of hours from when I fell asleep to when I woke up.

2. Same as above, except it felt like I was sleeping for years, literally, years. All I remember is blackness, as if I was simply drifting by. When this happens my mind is in a fog for at least an hour. It's almost like I have to remind myself on everything I've done in life and what I am/suppose to be doing.

3. As I'm starting to stir from sleep, when the mind isn't fully conscious, but can feel the presence of reality, this is the time where I'm not technically dreaming anymore but my mind is mostly still wandering on it's own. I can recall the dream at this point, but as I awaken more I can feel it slipping from my memory. No matter how hard I try and hold onto the dream I still feel it slip from my grasp. Which makes writing down my dreams ((the main way I hear of remembering them)) almost impossible for me, since I can't remember them long enough to turn over and grab a pencil.

4. Same as #3, but the rare ((meaning maybe once a month, if I'm lucky)) occurrence that I can hold onto some of my dream is in broken segments. It's usually like a snapshot of one moment from the dream. But usually even this fades away by the end of the day. I'd write down these segments but I'm not entirely sure if it'd do any good. I have a feeling it'd be the same as when trying to describe my dreams to others: no matter how hard I try I can't seem to describe it well enough for the other person to understand what I meant, etc. Even if the passage helps jog my memory I don't know if it'd retain the same "message" I originally got.

5. This is the most common, I don't remember anything except maybe a blurry snap shot and the emotion the dream caused. Emotions really are the only thing I can recall from my dreams. Especially nightmares, probably since they have a bigger impact, example: a nightmare where I wake up shaking, heart racing, almost in tears is more effective then a dream I wake up feeling giddy and excited. Even dreams/nightmares I had years ago I can remember the emotion from them, even though I don't remember a single other thing about them.

I haven't the slightest idea why I can't remember my dreams. I've always had a good memory and I haven't experienced some kind of trauma that could some how be causing this.

If anyone knows a probable cause for this, or a solution, physical or magical it would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:41 am
It's not unusual to not be able to remember your dreams. Once you start thinking about something else they tend to evaporate pretty quickly. Write down what you remember, and it will help you hang on to a little more of it than you would otherwise.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Talesofbiro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:46 am
Sanguina Cruenta
It's not unusual to not be able to remember your dreams. Once you start thinking about something else they tend to evaporate pretty quickly. Write down what you remember, and it will help you hang on to a little more of it than you would otherwise.
The only reason I'm asking is because of how long I haven't been able to remember any dreams. Granted I don't think it's at all weird when a dream slips a person's mind, or even if a person was never able to remember any dreams their entire life. I just thought it was curious how I went from remembering them to barely if not at all for such a long period of time.

But I will try writing down what I remember, it might help more then I'm assuming it would.  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games