For players who have problems patching there game there is a tool available that may be able to help you. I would also recommend it for players who haven't had any issues.

The launcher in notoriously bad at actually updating all of the data that it should when patching the game. EA have said that so long as the base game code matches the latest patch level than you will be fine. I'm not sure I trust them enough to go on their word alone. If you feel the same then you may want to give this tool a try.

The tool is called The Sims 3 Patch Downloader. It has been created by FordGT90Concept over at ModTheSims and can be downloaded >here<

The tool checks to see if your game is up to date and then lets you know what it found. It will list info for each pack you have installed as well as the base game. If you are missing any updates you can then get the program to download and install them for you. biggrin

I have used this myself for every new pack I have installed and I'm very glad I have as each time there has always been at least one pack that failed to update. The most recent being when I installed Generations. The launcher patched my expansion packs without issue but actually failed to update the base game!

I hope you find this of use.