Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
does someone know how to make the doll ears? chi ears???

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xio_Marie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:07 pm
can someone help me?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:47 pm
Can you tell me more about what kind of doll you are making? Because it varies.

Some dolls, you simply cover the ear-area with hair.

For elf-ears, you can draw a pointed-ear pattern & quilt it--I can post or email a pic if you want.

For bear ears, you draw a sort of half-circle and make a triangular dart that runs approximately 3/4 the ear-height on -one- of the ears before sewing them together & turning them right side out.

There are also some different ways of attaching the ears . . .

Hope this helps. I can elaborate more if you want--and/or provide some photos (Does this site have a spot for pics?

What is a chi?  

Bookwyrme

spacekitten

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:21 am
Bookwyrme
Can you tell me more about what kind of doll you are making? Because it varies.

Some dolls, you simply cover the ear-area with hair.

For elf-ears, you can draw a pointed-ear pattern & quilt it--I can post or email a pic if you want.

For bear ears, you draw a sort of half-circle and make a triangular dart that runs approximately 3/4 the ear-height on -one- of the ears before sewing them together & turning them right side out.

There are also some different ways of attaching the ears . . .

Hope this helps. I can elaborate more if you want--and/or provide some photos (Does this site have a spot for pics?

What is a chi?

I think chi = chii = character from anime called Chobits

and I think she wants directions for making the Doll Ears on here, which look like Chii's ears.

Um... I'd say make some kind of white catears, attatch them to an elastic band and wear them like ear muffs?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:31 am
Ah! Well, in that case, the above directions I provided are of no use at all razz  

Bookwyrme

jbeth

Thirteenth Streaker

16,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:45 am
I did a search at yahoo for chii ears and came up with this. http://chii-ears.tripod.com/

there were other sites, but they mostly seemed to be about where to buy them. someone at cosplay.com mentioned theirs were made out of sculpy, but I haven't seen instructions for those anywhere.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:32 am
jbeth
I did a search at yahoo for chii ears and came up with this. http://chii-ears.tripod.com/

there were other sites, but they mostly seemed to be about where to buy them. someone at cosplay.com mentioned theirs were made out of sculpy, but I haven't seen instructions for those anywhere.

Sculpey, thats odd, I'd think that would be a bit heavy and hard to mold.

I would think that you would be able to make them out of foam, and then possibly cover the foam with felt. Then attach them to some sort of small headband.. that way you can flip your hair ofer the headband and POOF.. where'd the headband go ^_^  

Rum N Coke

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Crimson_Rose86

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:45 pm
I made mine out of craft foam. You can buy them in sheets at craft stores.
I just found a site that makes them almost the same way I did. http://chii-ears.tripod.com/ See if that helps at all. Mine were made the same way but shaped slightly different. I absolutely loved my pair. You can make them fit right over your ears and they are light-weight. I hope that helps!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:38 pm
This is a littel complicated but the absolute best material you could use is acrylic. I was just posting about this the other day in another forum so I must sound like an acrylic nut. you can buy it in sheet and form it when heated. the forming part could be a little tricky and you probably will have to practice but it is rather inexpensive. It comes in a variety of colors t4exture etc etc and can be polished. I would asume Chi's ears would be made out of a metal or plastic (I always envisions plastic). Anyways you can soften acrylic in you over at around 300 degrees (it varies you might have to go up a bit or down a bit. after it's softened you'll have about a 20 second window to shape it when it comes out. YOU MUST HAVE THICK GLOVES heat glove are preferabe but you can get by with gardening glove or things like that. so anyways if you are interested I can give you more information.

Oh yeah I'm new here! so hello eveyrone. My craft is in Metals and plastics, I'm asilver smith by name but currently I work in mostly alternative materials.

PS my spellin is way bad but I'm working on it!  

JoshuarGoWooosh

Silvermoonkasumii

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:31 pm
Rum N Coke
jbeth

Sculpey, thats odd, I'd think that would be a bit heavy and hard to mold.

I would think that you would be able to make them out of foam, and then possibly cover the foam with felt. Then attach them to some sort of small headband.. that way you can flip your hair ofer the headband and POOF.. where'd the headband go ^_^
Sculpey's actually not that heavy (If you made them hollow mind you, solid would be like wearing weights D: ) and with a thick headband I don't think it would be that bad.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:18 pm
I've allways wanted to make a pare, and then atach them to my ear-phones, so that way every time I play my music I look like a persicom.  

Lee Kushrenada

Julia Pegasus

Bashful Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:07 pm
jbeth

Yeah, I was gonna suggest making them with foam... They sell foam Chii ears on anime conventions around here 3nodding
Quite the same as the site's... they look very nice in real.

Lee Kushrenada
I've allways wanted to make a pare, and then atach them to my ear-phones, so that way every time I play my music I look like a persicom.

Neat! I was thinking of making something like this, but with earwarmers (I dunno if that's the real name but I think the idea is understandable sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:18 pm
http://ai25cosplay.tripod.com/id3.html

by the way. There is a tutorial section on this guild and it has a LOT of cosplay stuff on it. If you want to make anything, check the tutorial section before posting about needing help. It saves you time as well as other people XD  

sakurachan61123

koneko muya

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:05 am
I've seen a tutorial on how to make it with bakeable clay and paint and a ribbon to keep them on. But I'm not sure if they'd be heavy or not.. haven't tried them  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games