Welcome to Gaia! ::

FMG:The Future Mangaka Guild.

Back to Guilds

Aspiring manga artists and long-time fans of anime and manga,your haven is here. 

Tags: manga, anime, japanese, drawing, friends 

Reply The FMG Main
Mascot?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What would work best as a mascot?
  Cutesy Girl with a futuristic tablet pen
  Cool guy with a giant ink pen used as a sword
  Cute Mahou Shoujo style mascot that's a bunny
  Other
View Results

The Haruist
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:25 pm
It's a tad too early,but what do you guys think about an FMG mascot? When we get a bunch more members,we should definitely consider making mascot so we can attract more new members. What do you guys have in mind?
Personally,girls are what I really only always draw,so I was considering a girl. Something along the lines of Bakuman,and Chobits.
A Persocom Girl with glasses and moe ness.

xD
Got carried away there.

So anyways,tell me what you think!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:23 pm
Well, I think if you'd be drawing in more people to this guild, then make a mascot that appeals to different genders, so people who like shojo manga and others who like sword fights would think the same guild is interesting.
(does any of this actually make sense?) I'm droning, but you get my point... sweatdrop Anyway, something like... I don't know, like a brother and sister, because then you have both genders (or something like that).  

EpicNixxi

4,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100

II Striker II
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:47 pm
I think that the second option in the poll (the guy with the huge ink brush) is an ok one, but I think it should be changed a bit. Like EpicNixxi said, it might be best if the mascot was kinda bisexual (i dont mean THAT kind), and actually, maybe itd be better if it were a girl instead. Cuz, actually, most of the time its girls who like to draw manga and stuff. from the perspective of a guy, I think this idea is ok, I mean, a good amount of mangas/animes already focus on girl characters, so its acceptable (but this is just 1 guys opinion). But maybe if you did decide to make it a bisexual mascot, maybe it could be like a character model (like what you draw before drawing in details) holding a brush, or maybe painting him/herself, sumthing like that, I dunno. This is just one idea, so lets hear wut evry1 else has to say! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:01 am
I think we should have a cute animal mascot. A made up animal would be even better! Maybe something like E-chan from Detective Loki. It could even have a cute little artist's beret and a little paintbrush! It's just that something about having a human as a mascot doesn't sit right. We should have something totally unique and all our own!

Why doesn't someone turn this into a contest? It could be a big deal, with multiple rounds and voting and everything. I'd do it myself but I'm broke. Then, once we choose a mascot, we could have another contest where everyone draws the mascot in their respective styles and the final winner gets their picture in the main banner or home! (+prize of course wink ) Oh, the fun we could have with this!  

Zenally

4,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

neko-mata-01

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:35 am
well i think ill try drawing a mascot if thats ok or possibly a page full of ideas (sketches) of course the character doesn't have to be used but still ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:28 pm
The Haruist
It's a tad too early,but what do you guys think about an FMG mascot? When we get a bunch more members,we should definitely consider making mascot so we can attract more new members. What do you guys have in mind?
Personally,girls are what I really only always draw,so I was considering a girl. Something along the lines of Bakuman,and Chobits.
A Persocom Girl with glasses and moe ness.

xD
Got carried away there.

So anyways,tell me what you think!

ok i made a few sketches ^^ http://neko-mata-01.deviantart.com/art/fmg-mascot-P-216657749  

neko-mata-01

Mystic123Sora

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:33 am
I would be really cool if it was all of them as a small team that represents a team of mangaka and assistant who fight the evilness of editors, deadlines, and life.

3nodding

I will try and draw a mascot as well. :3
Also if they are more than one person who wants to contribute then we should maybe all add our art skills in but giving one person the royalty of having their art as the banner or advertisement is an achievement in itself toooo. surprised

:3  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:49 pm
Would it be something to go on our signatures? sweatdrop
Sorry sometimes I feel too new at everything. redface  

Befunfire

Devoted Worshipper

12,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
The FMG Main

Manage Your Items