Submit

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:28 pm
It was still a little odd to Kich, this 'being a father' thing. He loved it, don't get him wrong...but he'd been the 'son' for so long. He'd been the younger lion. Or he'd been simply a mentor. (And much more in the case of Zii.) The sun was setting and lions were starting to return to the dens, to sleep and spend time with their families. At least, those that weren't on duty, anyways. Kich himself didn't have guard duty that night...which meant he could spend time with his family. He approached where his daughter was supposed to be waiting after her training, a slight smile on his face. Even if he wasn't used to it, he wouldn't trade it for anything it the world.

Ute was busy being asleep. And by busy she meant trying to stay asleep for a little bit so when it was night time she could stay up more. She had been jealous of the older cubs who could stay up all night if they wanted and she wanted to be able to stay up with her Mother and Father like they did. So she struggled to stay laying down, her tail twitching in the sand. She mumbled, rolling a bit onto her stomach, her chin on her paws. She then got uncomfortable She sighed, her blue eyes half lidded for a moment before she squeezed them shut. No. She had to fall asleep. Be a big girl. She liked her lips, rolling onto her side, her legs kicking.

She just wanted to stay up like everyone else did.

Kich was surprised to find his daughter...apparently trying to sleep. He raised a brow, then sank down a bit so he could sneak up on her. On quiet paws her approached her from behind...then tapped her back. "Now what is my little fire doing?" He really couldn't understand why she was trying to sleep, when her body so obviously was protesting it.

Ute wasn't really prepared for anyone to sneak up on her and poke her. Not at all. She was busy telling herself in her mind to SLEEP SLEEP DAMN YOU. Yet, her mind raced to much. She probably would start to fall asleep in an hour or two anyones, typical. When her father snuck up on her and poked her, she didn't' startle or squeak she just rolled onto her back and looked up at him. "Hello Poppa!" She said with a giggle. "I am trying to rest so I can stay up longer... like everyone else does."

She pulled her front paws up to her muzzle. "So I can stay up with you and mommy."

Kich blinked. She wanted to stay up? He sighed and chuckled, shaking his head. "I'm afraid that's something that comes with time, Ute. When I was your age, I couldn't stay up late either. My body wasn't ready for it yet." Because of Zii and Ute, he'd grown more and more used to conveying things with words, since actions weren't always as...effective. "And would you like to know a secret?"

Ute sprang up, scrambling under her fathers paws. "Oh yes! I want to know!" She said quickly her blue eyes begging and pleading for him to spill the sand! "Oh you know i hate not knowing stuff. Tell me tell me!!!" She stomped her feet.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:02 pm
Kich smiled at her enthusiasm, and leaned to groom her. "Well...first of all, if you try sleeping when your body doesn't want to, it can make you sick. And second...your mother and I don't stay up much later than you. Only long enough to make sure you are safely in dreamland, or to finish talking about something that needs doing." He ceased his grooming. "We are often very tired when the day is over." It was best his daughter know they, too, were simply lions.  

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:00 pm
She grinned and leaned up towards her father. But her face became stern. One could not become sick; it was a sign of weakness. She didn't want to be weak. She nodded seriously, her eyes half lidded. "Oh..." She said, pretty certain she would be able to stay up if she had too...

"Pappa... why did you and mom only have me?"

Das Tor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:06 pm
He hadn't been expecting THAT question at all! He was quiet a moment before answering. "Well...because we were only ready for you. Even though your mother came from a big family, I only had my mother growing up. So...I wasn't ready for a big family. But one day...you'll have lots of little siblings to help show how to be a strong Firekin." He hoped that was a good answer. He really hoped so.  

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:05 pm
Ute seemed excited about this idea of having a bunch of little brothers and sisters she could look after and wrestle with and play with and sing too and.. oh the idea of it. She started to quiver with the thought. "I guess so. I do have a lot of aunties and uncles... And her daddy didn't have any of those. "You weren't born here were you dad?" She asked, though she knew the answer. "But you have mommy here and that's good enough right?"

She sat with her little ears flicking around. "I don't really mind being an 'lonely' cub... It means I get more attention from you and mommy... And all my aunties and uncles... Though if more babies come I'll be happy to share.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:25 am
Kich shook his head. "I was born on the outskirts of our desert...but I traveled all over growing up." Wherever his mother's paws took them. He smiled, though. "And yes...I have you and your Mommy here, and that is good enough. Your Mommy taught me that sometimes, words are needed. And she taught me how to love" And he was forever grateful for that lesson. Forever grateful.  

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:58 am
Ute blinked up at her father and smiled. Her mommy had taught her daddy to love and that made her happy. Though she vaguely knew that her mommy wasn't happy before her father came. She often wondered about that but knew it wasn't her place to ask. So she didn't. She cuddled up to her father for a moment. "I hope I find someone who will make me happy.." she said softly.

"Where did you travel too pappa?" She looked up. "Places like the oceans and a tall hills? Or the swampy stuff?"

das Tor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:48 pm
The white-maned lion groomed the top of his daughter's head. "I hope so, too. You deserve to have someone who will make you smile no matter what's going on around you." She was his first cub, his little light. "I traveled to all of those, yes. Into swamps and foothills, to the oceans, along rivers and fields of grass." And yet...he missed none of them. The only part of it all he missed was his mother. But he knew he'd see her again someday.  

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:22 pm
She leaned against him as he cleaned her and sighed happily; her eyes shut as she enjoyed the sound of his voice and the idea of what he was taking about. "What is all that though?" She asked, looking up at her father. "What's a swamp? What does it look like? And... and oceans... and grass. I know grass.. it's like that-" She pointed her paw over at a dried up husk of grass that was barely clinging to the sand dunes. "-thats grass." She said with a nod; obviously proud she was all knowing.

She looked up at him. "I want to know... I want to know it all dad."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:31 pm
Kich couldn't hide his amusement at his daughter, chuckling. "Well...for starters, a lot of grass beyond the deserts is much greener. Like...your grandmother's eyes. But a bit brighter." It was...odd, describing grass to her. It was even odder as he tried to describe a swamp or the ocean. But...he didn't mind it in the least. After all...she was his precious daughter.  

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:58 pm
She listened intently as her father described these things to her. Something was so soothing about fantasizing these things; these places that she had never seen before. Thinking of how they smelt. How they felt on her paws. She escaped into a world of imagination and happiness and her glee was apparent as he went along. She sat by his side; listened to him until she fell asleep.

Because sleep brings dreams of places beyond the sand.

Fin  
[IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff