Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Maestros Del Mar Lands [IC]
[PRP] Stockpiling (Pirato and Suravel Ndima)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mtorolite

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:18 pm
Suravel Ndima was again in a quandry. She had gathered fruits from across the pride's lands, and she had plenty to ferment once she got them back to the cave - enough to feed at least two ships worth of Pirates when they returned after their next outing. She had even remembered the net she used to haul her fruit back to the pride, the one that had washed up on shore two seasons ago and she had spent ages carefully repairing so the fruit would not slip through the holes.

The problem was that she just couldn't pull the net back by herself. There was too much on it. And she didn't want to leave it here unguarded to get help, or even split the pile in half; birds or monkeys would steal it. She loathed the little things, they were always ruining her plans. There had to be a away to get the whole lot back at once.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:35 pm
Grass. Something the male usually had very little to deal with except on his short raids. But he had grown to like how soft it was in the sunshine, and how it held the cool breeze almost in the hottest of days. Grass was always cool, and he loved to rub around in it lately.
Today he refrained, though a bit irritably. He wasnt even sure why he was out this far. He supposed he was looking for someone to get a trinket from. Someone he could steal from. But he was still within his homelands and so he knew that it would be a long walk until he found someone unrelated to the pride.

So he just decided against it. He knew what he wanted. The idea hit him as soon as he stopped walking and he grinned. Yes. He could find fruits! It had eben awhile since he had stockpiled them. He was feeling the increasing need to get his drink on.

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mtorolite

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:36 pm
Suravel hadn't expected to see anyone around - much less the pirate king. King or no, she needed to get these fruits back to the main pride lands so she could create the perfect fermenting conditions for them. Surely Pirato would be willing to help for the good of the fruits?

"Excuse me! Majesty. My lord. Your splendor?" Ugh, how were you supposed to address the pirate king, anyway?

"Do you think you could give me a hand with these?"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:37 pm
He grinned and shook his head. He had never been called any of those things before and he just couldnt help but laugh at least a little. He looked over to the lemon colored hyena and raised an eyebrow. She was struggling with a net of fruits she had been gathering. He walked over to her, eyeing her bag and whether he should take it or not before speaking.

"Call me Pirato. Just Pirato." He said, correcting her before deciding he wasn't going to take her fruits. It would be far too mean, that, and she usually was rather good at offering him the best fruit choices.

"Aye, I could indeed lass." He said, lowering his maw and pulling the netting tight before putting releasing it.

"Where will I be taking this?"

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mtorolite

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:34 pm
Suravel was quite pleased when he agreed to help. The fruit gathering would have all been wasted if someone hadn't happened along.

"I just need them to be back in the area where pirates actually live, near the storage cave. They'll get dispersed from there." The hyena was almost gleeful when she thought of all the fermenting experiments she could perform on this large a load of fruits. She had ideas about mixing different fruits in the same cache to ferment, or mixing them after their rinds had burst. It promised to be interesting as she found out what effects everything had on the fruit.

"And I have plenty of melons that are at their edible peak, if you'd like to take some. Much longer and they'll be too strong to enjoy at all."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:46 pm
Though he knew melons tended to be more watery than fermented, they still offered their own delicious flavor and he found himself licking his maw in anticipation. His eyes looked over the netting full of fruit and he smiled, pulling one end and waiting for her to grab the other.

"Aye, love. I would gladly take any of the fruit it is you are wanting to give. Ive never been known to turn down anything like that." He said, and laughed out loud as if he told the funniest joke he'd heard in awhile.

"Well let's get 'em to the storage cave, aye?"

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mtorolite

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:41 pm
"Yes. Before the monkeys start trying to steal them. I hate monkeys." Suravel grabbed the other side of the patchwork net in her teeth, making sure not to bite down too hard. She had bitten through before, and she didn't want to waste valuable time to repair the net when she could be working on the stockpile.

It was much easier to move the net with a lion helping. Aside from the uneven ground, the fruit and the two animals carrying it moved at a good pace through the trees to the pride.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:44 pm
He made sure to gingerly pull it along, knowing that the netting likely took quite some time to complete. He didnt want to be the reason something was ruined. They pulled until they got in front of the large skull looking cave that they used to store their loot. It had guards at every moment, but sometimes they tended to be a bit.. lazy about their duties.

Dropping the netting, he looked at the hyena and smiled. He was glad he had helped, but mostly because it meant he would get a few fruits for free and without having to search for them himself. That was a win in his book.

"I hope I was of service to you, love."

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mtorolite

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:58 am
"You, sir, are a gentleman," Suravel said, dropping the net. "Wait here a second, you don't want these, they need more aging. I'll get you some good ones."

Suravel vanished into the back of the cave where she kept her fruits organized and catalogued, and selected three large melons and a bundle of smaller fruits wrapped in large leaves. Their taste would complement each other well.

She rolled the melons while keeping the bundle gingerly between her teeth, and took them out to Pirato. "Thank you again for your assistance. And when you're done, tell me what you think of the taste of those, and I will see if they can be improved upon."

[IC] Maestros Del Mar Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games