Welcome to Gaia! ::

It Was A Dark And Stormy Night

Back to Guilds

Discuss books, poetry and the craft of writing 

Tags: reading, writing, writers, poetry, books 

Reply Why is a Raven like a Writing Desk?
Apps for writers

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanguina Cruenta

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:25 pm
I just came across an app for comp, Mac and iPad called Dana Ommwriter. It's aimed at making writing more of an all-round experience and minimizing distractions. It looks exciting and they have a free version; I'll be downloading it and trying it out when I get home.

Do you know of any interesting apps for writers (or booklovers)? Do you use any particular programs?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:36 am
I can't quite remember the name of it, but there is this one app that pesters you to write. There are a couple of modes, and at the lowest setting, it will just make annoying noises at you if you don't write anything for a while, but in 'suicide mode' it will start deleting your words!  

Dark Doe Alysse

Demonic Darling

22,440 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

oOGarrettOo
Crew

Greedy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:34 am
Dark Doe Alysse
I can't quite remember the name of it, but there is this one app that pesters you to write. There are a couple of modes, and at the lowest setting, it will just make annoying noises at you if you don't write anything for a while, but in 'suicide mode' it will start deleting your words!
Omg that sounds horrifying! gonk I'd have a complete fit and have to turn it off. I couldn't imagine my computer program just suddenly deciding to delete my poor words xd  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:36 am
God I know. I can imagine myself, in a fit of panic, trying to stop it by ripping the computer from the wall and chucking it across the room.

Worst idea ever as that would lose me my work as well but that would totally be my first reaction. "Oh ******** make it STOP!" **toss**  

Sanguina Cruenta

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Why is a Raven like a Writing Desk?

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces