Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Wearing a Cross Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:23 am
Sanguina Cruenta
I don't know! Could be.
Ok. I wanna say that's what my reading teacher told us in middle school when we had our mythology section but I can't remember for sure.

Edit: I couldn't find anything on Theoi but when I did a google search I found a bunch of different sites that supported the Swastika being associated to Hermes. It was a symbol of good luck.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:04 pm
The cross means a lot more than Christianity, and even if it did just mean Christianity so what? What's wrong with that? Look here for basic information about crosses...

Maeve Sage

Ren Tohimaru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:06 pm
The cross wasn't originally Christian/Catholic-it started off as a common celtic/druidic symbol. And like everyone's saying, if it isn't a religious symbol to you, and just something special given to you, then wear it, explain why when necessary, but otherwise don't worry about it.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:46 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
I grant you that by Wiccan rules at least, one can be Wiccan and Christian, but one cannot be a Christian Wiccan.
Christian rules are a little more difficult. Are all Wiccans Witches? If so, that could be an issue, as I think the Bible demands the death penalty for Witchcraft. Then again, the Bible bans all sorts of stuff that Christians do.  

Kelsey MacAilbert

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:27 pm
The Emo Bard
Sanguina Cruenta
I grant you that by Wiccan rules at least, one can be Wiccan and Christian, but one cannot be a Christian Wiccan.
Christian rules are a little more difficult. Are all Wiccans Witches? If so, that could be an issue, as I think the Bible demands the death penalty for Witchcraft. Then again, the Bible bans all sorts of stuff that Christians do.
If I remember right that was added in later on. Its actually not against the Bible to be a witch. The main issue comes in with placing other gods before the Christian God.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:43 pm
The Emo Bard
Sanguina Cruenta
Yeah as someone pointed out witchcraft is not the issue. The problem in Christianity rules is idolatry. Though Gardener seemed to think it was okay for some reason. Too bad he's not around anymore to ask why he thought that it was okay. I have some suspicions at why but it's based on UPG so it's probably shouldn't be taken too seriously.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Dr. H. Lecter

Dangerous Prophet

7,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:49 am
Esiris
Sanguina Cruenta
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Esiris
Any gods before him- I'll leave it to them to figure out how that works, if that even applies to them.
But I come from a Synchronistic religion that believes the god talked about in Church is deistic.
Deistic? Never heard that word before.

Deism is a belief in a god that created the universe, but thereafter didn't interfere with it.

And that's why people call on the Loa.

I don't know much about the Loa...
I know this is a random topic to ask it in, but could you give some info? I'd like to be more informed on this matter sweatdrop

Ignorance is not bliss, it's a pain in the a**.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:55 am
Dr. H. Lecter

I don't know much about the Loa...
I know this is a random topic to ask it in, but could you give some info? I'd like to be more informed on this matter sweatdrop

Ignorance is not bliss, it's a pain in the a**.

It's better to start a new thread. 3nodding  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Kelsey MacAilbert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:16 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
The Emo Bard
Sanguina Cruenta
If I remember right that was added in later on. Its actually not against the Bible to be a witch. The main issue comes in with placing other gods before the Christian God.
In the King James Version, it's Exodus 22:18. Then again, I heard something about KJV being somewhat untrustworty, but I don't remember why that was.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:41 pm
The Emo Bard
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
The Emo Bard
Sanguina Cruenta
In the King James Version, it's Exodus 22:18. Then again, I heard something about KJV being somewhat untrustworty, but I don't remember why that was.
Its a translation thing from the original Hebrew to the English when they added witch into the Bible. Rmcdra is a Christian witch. He did up a whole report somewhere with sources saying that you can be a Chistian and be a witch.
Found it  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

pixiefyrefly

3,650 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:59 pm
hi, i know im a little late on the subject, but i believe you should def. wear it. It's special and has meaning to you, it's pretty smile , and crosses also have spiritual meaning, lest we forget.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games