Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Other pagan religions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:57 pm
What Pagan religions are you interested in learning more about, but not really interested in practising?

Slavic and Finnish reconstructionisms top the list for me. I'm also interested in Greek and Egyptian recons but I've also honoured deities from those pantheons in the past, so a part of me is interested from a practising perspective.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:17 am
I love learning more about pretty much any type of practice...I find it sparks ideas that enhance my own life in surprising ways.

I think that the ones that interest me most from a more purely intellectual (and non-personal practice) standpoint are the reconstructions. It's not my particular preference, but I find it really interesting to read about.  

kyndryana3

10,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:18 am
I'm curious about Feri and Santeria.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:56 am
I'm also curious about the Feri Tradition, as well as Stregheria, Egyptian recon, and general kitchen witchery.

I do like studying various pagan paths though, as I tend to end up using bits and pieces of what I learn, mixing it with my already eclectic path.  

Moonwynne

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:42 am
Greek, Egyptian, and Celtic (English, Irish and Welsh).  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:24 am

I'm actually very curious about the religions (actual religions) that were based off of popular media. Like the Jedi church, etc.

Ren LehCrow

Amorous Lovergirl

7,100 Points
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Knight 100

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:48 pm
I have a pretty strong interest in Feri, Asatru, and to a lesser degree (though at one point it was a pretty strong consideration) Kemetic.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:17 pm
I like learning about all of them, but I guess that doesn't really help. So I guess my main interests are Asatru, Kemetic and Finnish. Although these three are more for possible practicing point of view. For plain intellectual standpoint probably Feri and Celtic.  

Talesofbiro

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games