Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Not Sure where this would go

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Myra Sao

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:26 pm
I didn't know if putting it here or in the advertising subforum is the place.

But I wanted to start an Anti-Guild List...sort of a black list of guilds that people can post the name of the guild and say why they believe people shouldn't join those guilds.

I want to then make this sitewide once its been ironed out here and its in use here.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:29 pm
And how fair would that be?

Yeah, some people are stupid, or whatever, but others should decide on their own whether or not to join or leave a guild. If they don't like it, they can leave. It's better to let people form their own opinions then say, "You shouldn't go here because of this."

If you do that, you'd get what you want. People would avoid the guilds. A few might look into them. However there is always the chance that someone who might have enjoyed the content (even if you find an A-hole) would not find it because of the list.

I vote no to the idea.  

Sonkurra-Taichou

Dapper Guildsman

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:18 am
Sonkurra-Taichou
And how fair would that be?

Yeah, some people are stupid, or whatever, but others should decide on their own whether or not to join or leave a guild. If they don't like it, they can leave. It's better to let people form their own opinions then say, "You shouldn't go here because of this."

If you do that, you'd get what you want. People would avoid the guilds. A few might look into them. However there is always the chance that someone who might have enjoyed the content (even if you find an A-hole) would not find it because of the list.

I vote no to the idea.

I have to say I agree with this.

I think we're all capable of recognising a bad guild, I know I am ... *glowers at the only one she's ever felt a need to quit* and people soon twig to the fact that something doesn't quite work.

I'm also voting no though I can see your heart is in the right place with the idea.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:06 am
I have to agree with the two of them. sweatdrop  

Amensu Saje

6,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:10 pm
It's not our position to blacklist any guilds. Guilds are specialized forums that have members and we cannot start censoring the kinds of guilds. I personally have avoided certain guilds just because I don't like the content. That is my decision and I will not force that decision on anyone else.

I am sorry, but we won't be starting that thread here.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:26 pm
I'd say thanks for the support, but... I dunno.  

Sonkurra-Taichou

Dapper Guildsman

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Myra Sao

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:06 pm
I understand the views you all have, but when you are catering to a specific group, i.e. Star Wars and have been around the many that share the same views as you, then sharing your opinion and in this case, my hope is that we use facts to back up our reasoning. And believe me, my motivation is fueled by the fact that I walked into a a group of people unknowingly without any warning and found out they are capable of ruining a person on here. I care too much to let others go through what I did.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:12 pm
And as we said, people should be let to form their own opinions. The Captain, Vice Captain, Crew, as well as a standard member all said it's not going to happen. I'm sorry. It's not a good idea.  

Sonkurra-Taichou

Dapper Guildsman

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:32 am
Myra Sao
I understand the views you all have, but when you are catering to a specific group, i.e. Star Wars and have been around the many that share the same views as you, then sharing your opinion and in this case, my hope is that we use facts to back up our reasoning. And believe me, my motivation is fueled by the fact that I walked into a a group of people unknowingly without any warning and found out they are capable of ruining a person on here. I care too much to let others go through what I did.

It's sad but it's the nature of the internet, people are asses.

All you can do is warn people you know not to use that guild, if what they did bordered on harassment then I would suggest compiling some evidence and finding a site mod who can help you.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:16 pm
Something like that already exists. The Minishops & Resources Center is an organization that gives Gaians the opportunity to talk about their favorite shops, guilds, and services. You can submit negative reviews about an organization currently registered in the MRC if you feel the need to do so.  

Ebania

Sarcastic Prophet

Myra Sao

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:55 pm
I went to the link given. It was nice, but was not helpful to my purpose. It is no matter. I will find other ways of broadcasting my message. Thank you everyone for your opinions.  
Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games