Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]
[PRP - West] Growing Up Sucks (Ria x Fuu)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:07 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ria was in one of those moods where she hated everything. Ok, maybe not everything, but her fiery temper was up, and she was tired of listening to her parents tell her that Alizeti was here to stay. Yes, she had gone there with a group to 'check him out', but she didn't want to just tie herself down immediately after they had returned.

Frustrated, the lithe lioness had stormed away from the central area of the West House, intent to take her anger out on some tree away from the lower class lions. Hiding her anger wasn't easy, though; she was too much like her father.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:35 pm
User Image

Fuu, on the other paw, was in a pretty good mood. He didn't seem to have a care in the world sometimes, but then he didn't even have a real job to do or anything to worry about. The pride was peaceful- not counting the sensitive issue of the latest member and what exactly he was here for. Alizeti didn't really bother Fuu much, though he'd yet to be convinced he was very interesting. That was part of what led him a ways away that day, looking for something to keep himself occupied. He hadn't really done much outside of walking around but that could be plenty interesting if you tried.

He was on his way back inward when he spotted Ria headed outward. Their paths would cross unless someone moved to make it happen and while Fuu paused to watch her storm away, he wasn't sure about interrupting her. She did have quite the temper and she didn't look very cheerful.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:45 pm
Ria's eyes shot up, hearing movement ahead of her. She saw her brother (still strange to have brothers, being one of six daughters in her parents' first litter), and decided to see what he was up to. It was a little fun tormenting her younger siblings, even if they were...the same size she was now.

"Hey Chao," she said with a grunt, but a smirk was growing on her jaws. "Where are you off to?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:51 pm
"Afternoon, Zhao," he greeted, his voice far more cheerful than hers despite the possibility that that could make things worse if she really was in a bad mood. The smirk was already a bad sign.

"Was just out for a walk but nothing interesting is going on," he said, deciding it was better to be clear rather than acting like he didn't have something to do, "Heading homeward, now. Where're you off to?"

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:01 pm
Her ear twitched. Boring. "Nothing ever is," she agreed. "Just make sure that you avoid Mom and Dad right now...they're not happy with me so I'm certain that they'd drill you into figuring out where I went." And she didn't have any intentions of telling Fuu exactly where she was going.

"You are lucky that you don't have to deal with all this...heir business."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:09 pm
Hmm, it was interesting that she decided nothing was ever really going on when, from an outside perspective- that is, outside of her, Alizeti and their parents- it looked like a lot was going on. He decided it was best not to comment on that, though. Her decision not to call it interesting said plenty.

"Well then, I never saw you," he assured her with a small smile. Assuming he could stay cool enough that nobody doubted him when he did get home, he saw no harm in letting his stressed out sister go off on her own for a bit.

"Still not warmed up to the blue fella?" Fuu asked when she said how lucky he was. He thought it was a good idea, bringing Alizeti in. It was always good to have a plan. Fuu worked best with a plan, even if it was hard to plan nothing when that was all you had to do.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:51 pm
"It is more like Mother doesn't understand why I haven't had cubs yet," the lioness said as she wrinkled up her nose. "I'll wait when I'm good and ready. Its not like we're even married yet!" Something else that she had been putting off. She was feared of being tied down, as she had grown up pretty freely for being the heiress to the House.

"I just had a discussing with them about it, so I'm still quite fumed." She knew she was going to have to accept it sooner rather than later, but she wanted it to be on her decision, and not her parents. Sadly, that was not the way that the pride worked, and Ria wondered when they were going to exercise their true power against her.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:04 pm
Fuu had plenty of sympathy for Ria, particularly because she was so strong-willed and this was something that was pretty well unstoppable. It had to suck having so much specific and very personal responsibility put on her without it being her idea and in her own way.

"Ah," he murmured as Ria got out some of her frustration but he didn't get to say anything else before she explained how they had just been discussing it, "Anything else?"

If she only needed to vent, he was happy to listen.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:17 pm
Ria's eyes narrowed, and then she flatly turned her attention away from her brother. No sympathy? Fine. Maybe he forgot that she'd have some control over him once she was the Lady, not just the Heiress.

Ria was much too much like her father. Fiery, vindictive, and always looking for a fight. She just chose to do it with actions rather than brute force.

"No, nothing. You may as well return home, perhaps Father won't be quite so angry once you get there. He's always preferred you boys to me, anyway."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:30 pm
Clearly he'd been wrong to withhold sympathy in an effort to let her get it all out first but he wasn't sure what there was for him to do about it now, it was unlikely she'd listen once she was worked up at him and now just around him. He'd already pushed some buttons, now he saw no harm in taking more chances. He was more subdued than she was but he could be just as stubborn.

"He obviously cares about you if you've had any say in what's been going on lately," he responded, his tone was rather matter-of-fact and impersonal, though he meant it, "But I'll see what I can do."

He stepped aside and forward to indicate his intention to go home.

"Have a good afternoon, Zhao."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:37 pm
"Hmph." She knew it to be partially true, but a lot of that was the weight that her mother had. It wasn't easy to see, but she could sway her father pretty easily when she really wanted to. Plus there was the fact that the heir had to come from the first litter between the Lord and Lady, and Zahi had not been happy that there were only girls to pick from.

"Wait," she said. "Would you please at least let Mother know I am sorry?" She swayed for a moment, but a flare of anger surged in her again. Zahi was probably talking to Alizeti, and as such she didn't want to see either of them right now. "I'll be home before the sun sets," she added on, turning her head again in a childish manner.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:52 pm
"Alright," he said, pausing and looking back at her, almost surprised to hear her apologize. It was probably good she left a message with somebody about where she was off to after a fight, though perhaps it was more important politically than personally. Luckily, Fuu didn't really have to worry about it.

He didn't say anything else and, after a brief pause, walked off towards home.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas