• Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:34 am
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Available, yes, but they're all pre-'94 imports. And I don't think the AN-94 was available for import before '94, for obvious reasons.

Are Saigas even made in Russia? I swear they're, like, made in North Carolina by Russians to Russian specs or something, but they're not actually imported from Russia.
saigas are built in russia by izshmash as "sporting" rifles and then they ship em here. thats how they get around the import ban.

they can be reconfigured into their true form once they make it into the states.

arsenal is making a killing off the saigas by converting them and then hyperinflating the price by boasting them as their own "high quality AK"

truthfully however the saiga is already high quality and extraordinarily reliable due to the fact that came barrled and assembled as is from the factory and not put together from a mismatched receiver and chopped up parts kit.
See, but I thought the import ban included sporting arms. That's why we can't have nice things, like the MTs-255.
if it did include them we wouldnt have any saigas.

mt-255's may not have been seen as having a very big market, or maybe they didnt manufacture very many. or perhaps russia just felt it should be exclusive to them or something, idk
Not quite correct. If it did include them, then Saigas would simply not have been made at Izhmash. An American-made Saiga-branded AK would still be perfectly legal. Like Glock... if we banned Austrian imports, we'd still have Glocks, because they're made in Smyrna, GA.

They weren't THAT expensive, not for an upscale shotgun. They priced at 50k Roubles, which is roughly $1,700 US. If it's a quality gun produced to Russian shotgun standards, I think that's a fair price, really. If I had the money, I would not grumble about paying that much for a unique and quality gun, not when Beretta charges upwards of $11,000 for a quality over/under, and $1800 for the competition semi I have on my list as a "when I'm old and want to take up trap" gun.

Someone needs to license these in America.

Also, motherloving ********, if this gun doesn't bring about the second coming of Christ when you pull the trigger, I do not know how they justify the price tag.

http://www.berettausa.com/products/so-10/
umm... smyrna georgia is where they have their distribution center.

its kinda like how the same way HK pistols have the distribution center on theirs. it's part of the import markings

also

"The rifle is currently made in the same Izhmash plant as military AKs, and imported into the United States by Russian American Armory."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saiga_semi-automatic_rifle

so if we're still getting guns in from russia...maybe it's as simple as nobody has seemed to wanna have bothered importing the mt255 shotgun.
they might not have seen it selling very well, as cool as it is. but it's understandable.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:23 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Available, yes, but they're all pre-'94 imports. And I don't think the AN-94 was available for import before '94, for obvious reasons.

Are Saigas even made in Russia? I swear they're, like, made in North Carolina by Russians to Russian specs or something, but they're not actually imported from Russia.
saigas are built in russia by izshmash as "sporting" rifles and then they ship em here. thats how they get around the import ban.

they can be reconfigured into their true form once they make it into the states.

arsenal is making a killing off the saigas by converting them and then hyperinflating the price by boasting them as their own "high quality AK"

truthfully however the saiga is already high quality and extraordinarily reliable due to the fact that came barrled and assembled as is from the factory and not put together from a mismatched receiver and chopped up parts kit.
See, but I thought the import ban included sporting arms. That's why we can't have nice things, like the MTs-255.
if it did include them we wouldnt have any saigas.

mt-255's may not have been seen as having a very big market, or maybe they didnt manufacture very many. or perhaps russia just felt it should be exclusive to them or something, idk
Not quite correct. If it did include them, then Saigas would simply not have been made at Izhmash. An American-made Saiga-branded AK would still be perfectly legal. Like Glock... if we banned Austrian imports, we'd still have Glocks, because they're made in Smyrna, GA.

They weren't THAT expensive, not for an upscale shotgun. They priced at 50k Roubles, which is roughly $1,700 US. If it's a quality gun produced to Russian shotgun standards, I think that's a fair price, really. If I had the money, I would not grumble about paying that much for a unique and quality gun, not when Beretta charges upwards of $11,000 for a quality over/under, and $1800 for the competition semi I have on my list as a "when I'm old and want to take up trap" gun.

Someone needs to license these in America.

Also, motherloving ********, if this gun doesn't bring about the second coming of Christ when you pull the trigger, I do not know how they justify the price tag.

http://www.berettausa.com/products/so-10/
umm... smyrna georgia is where they have their distribution center.

its kinda like how the same way HK pistols have the distribution center on theirs. it's part of the import markings

also

"The rifle is currently made in the same Izhmash plant as military AKs, and imported into the United States by Russian American Armory."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saiga_semi-automatic_rifle

so if we're still getting guns in from russia...maybe it's as simple as nobody has seemed to wanna have bothered importing the mt255 shotgun.
they might not have seen it selling very well, as cool as it is. but it's understandable.
You sure? I thought they were actually built in Smyrna. Anyway, I believe you that they're built in Russia, I was just saying that's how I thought they were getting around the ******** 'em, import it. I'd buy one.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out