Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Spells and distance

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Venra Axel Prey

Wealthy Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:48 pm
I do Art Commissions. Check out my DeviantART for samples.

Give me everything tonight

Alrighty, I've got a question....Can I actually do a healing/general wellbeing spell for someone who lives across the pond? [Britain] I have no photos of her, no artifacts of hers...not even her real name.
See, this lovely girl who I follow on Deviantart has Fibro Myalgia. I know I can't cure it, though I truly wish I could. All I want to do is lessen her pain just a bit, so she isn't so miserable. She's a good friend of mine, and I hate seeing her this way.
So, would it be possible for me to do such a spell, and actually have it work? Also, if you know a specific one, I'd love to hear it.

For all we know, we may not get tomorrow

Also check out my Warriors Roleplay

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:24 pm
I've had varying results in casting healing spells/performing healings across a great distance, and that was with the person's name and photo. Some have worked perfectly, others have barely seen results, if any. It's quite a chore trying to tap into another person's energy when you've never actually felt it in person.

Do I think it's possible? Certainly, I have had success, after all. But I have been healing and casting for about seven years or so now, so I've had a good bit of practice (and can still say that not all of my distance doodads have worked). The problem is being aware enough to tap into that person without having physically been near them, or met them.

I use a "web" technique when I need to do it, and this has had the best results. I could explain it in greater detail if you'd like, via PM or however you'd prefer. But again it's something that takes a bit of experience. The whole thing can be hit or miss if you're a novice at spellcraft in general, especially if you've never done something like this before.

Maybe an even better idea would be something physical that she can keep with her on her person, or near her. Such as a piece of jewelry or a charm that's been charged or charmed to provide her with healing energy or whathaveyou.  

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

Venra Axel Prey

Wealthy Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:27 pm
I do Art Commissions. Check out my DeviantART for samples.

Give me everything tonight

Hmmm...I like the amulet idea. I've done those before, but I've never tried to do a distance spell...all my healing spells have been done within my circle.
Thank you.

For all we know, we may not get tomorrow

Also check out my Warriors Roleplay

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:42 pm
The internet is really a giant electronic web - it's energy - and by interacting with that, we leave an imprint of ourselves upon it. Artists in particular can leave a greater imprint, if their work is visual or auditory in nature. As long as you can work with the idea that all the internet is is energy, no different from the electrical energy your nervous system uses to communicate and fuel mental and psychic ability, you can use people's web spaces to connect to them via the energy signature they leave in those places. A self-portrait or other representation of themselves, like an artist's signature, can act as a photo, or other spell focus.

It's on this basis that I do aura and tarot readings for people across the web, and also their web presence to make connections for spellwork. I don't know that everyone can do this, but I think it's worth a try.

A username isn't a given name - but it's still a name. Try using it to cast for your friend. Also, depending on why and how you cast a circle, it may be possible to cast one around the computer to work in, if you think it would help your focus.

Aside from that, I think Garrett's suggestion is a good one - create a healing talisman of some kind, and send it to her.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:01 pm
Morgandria
The internet is really a giant electronic web - it's energy - and by interacting with that, we leave an imprint of ourselves upon it. Artists in particular can leave a greater imprint, if their work is visual or auditory in nature. As long as you can work with the idea that all the internet is is energy, no different from the electrical energy your nervous system uses to communicate and fuel mental and psychic ability, you can use people's web spaces to connect to them via the energy signature they leave in those places. A self-portrait or other representation of themselves, like an artist's signature, can act as a photo, or other spell focus.
=O I never thought of it like that. That's actually a really good way to think of things. 3nodding it makes a lot of sense.

Now that you're putting it into words like that I can kinda see for myself how that's been so. I mean, there are a lot of my friends here on Gaia whom I've never heard the real name of or seen a photo of, but I can still feel them and whatnot very well.

Thanks for that, Morg biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:06 pm
When I used to do distance Reiki for some people on Gaia - even though I would try to get some basic information, for obvious reasons, some people didn't want to share too much. I would just use a printout of their avatar to focus on, and it seemed to work well enough.

It's definitely more difficult if you don't know someone well, but in this case you know her username, which while not her given name is an actual representation of who she is (even if it's not the whole of who she is), so that gives you something concrete to work with.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games