Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Enrollment] Hellhound Demon, Uru'baen (ready) ACCEPTED Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:49 pm
iStoleYurVamps

2spooky showin up rite now

I'll cover approval stuff for now as it's a lot more important atm

"As a dominant trait among the hellhound bloodline in his family, he takes upon an aspect of death that is the coldness that comes with the domain. Because of this, his body is cold to the touch as if an aura is in place. In actuality, he is a warm person, his warmth is felt when someone has become trusted or liked. Touching him displays warmth, even dispelling the cold around him for that person."

This runs into extra abilities which are not 'givens' to the species of hellhounds, (Portrayed as fire based creatures). Since they don't fall into given racial/species abilities, you'll need to remove these extra bits. (Not the fact he's a warm person but the whole cold aura deal).

Also- Please explain why he has a connection with bones and the like. As far as physical looks go, bones and such lean more towards undead or monster.

While not limiting this is something to be aware of
" His powers are from his mother's side of the family. His father's side were of a shadow hellhound bloodline.
- The sclera become black when his powers are active, denoting his father's lineage yet he has not developed any shadow abilities. Also a blue ring collar appears around his shackle as well."
Halloweeners ONLY take after 1 parent in terms of powers/species/race. Just making sure aware.

Hist reason is at odds with history. He was from a wealthy family and taught his whole life -Why would a woman refuse to marry him? You also say MID teens in history, yet marriage would be.. 18. Fleash this out into one cohesive part and try adding ages/time relatives. IE When he was 7, two years later etc etc.

FEAR attacks are not effected by environment unless GM prompt says otherwise. FEAR attacks also do not last for posts. They are shortk, fast, released of condensed FEAR.
"Though the residents of Halloween are quite familiar with cold, they should certainly be afraid of something that has the appearance of fire and something that certainly feels like fire once it catches. What's more when ice begins to form over the burn... It appears as fire, but the effect is freezing/frost." This isn't the effect of Battle Cry. Battle Cry is like a punch with force. That's all it does. It hits a thing. Both Y1 and Y2 FEARS as described, don't match the attack of Battle Cry and are doing more than allowed. Again, FEAR attacks are fast and short.
Overall, The FEAR portion needs to be fleshed/refined. It seems like you want less an attack as something that hinders, so a FEAR ability to pick would be Tainted fang. I think with the idea that FEAR abilities are short/fast will def help you get on the right track.

Appearance wise- The MAX height is seven foot. Minor, but worthy of note.
The scars and such don't really match history either, so if such thing can be explained in the history that would help.
And...idk what human tone is. Since skin tone varies by a lot. XD

PERSONALLY
With the bone/cool/blue theme I don't think so much a demon hellhound as an undead, ghost, or monster (in that order). Wisps are considered along the lines of familiars 90% of the time so that might not work, (the only exceptions I've seen being those where foxfire/wisps are species related/ghosts). While this might not matter to you so much as it's just personal opinion, it can be a thing to consider.
Alright, took your notes and changed a few things around:

Parents - He derives his powers and likeness from his mother's side of the family. He develops his fondness of fighting and bones from his father.

Bones - His father is not around anymore and thus the only thing he has of him is the skull he had got when he was younger. Bone is just a general throwback to that dogs like bones, really. If you are talking about his clothes, keiifuu and I could talk about other alternatives. It was but a motif idea, similar to how Tack and his siblings.

History Altered this a bit to be more of a throw back to traditions where people are paired at a young age to ensure marriage. However, the family here essentially sells his hand to another family. The two never meet due to disputes between the two families.

F.E.A.R. Okay, the Battle Cry tag was a placeholder. I had asked around what they thought and they thought that would be the best. I suppose it was difficult since the FEARS themselves were over and beyond. So I changed them a bit. Please look it over and give me more of a push. In extension-
Cold Aura - removed. His powers from his family is strictly the blue, cold fire. The appears is fire. The sensation is cold. I play the idea of freezer burn or when you go outside in the cold and come inside and try to warm up by using hot water.
Wisp This was removed, must have left something behind during the process. This became the right blue eye he has.

Height - 7 feet
Skin Tone - fleshy, just didn't know what I'd describe here. Just not pale(ghost/undead) or tan(horsemen)
Scars - I explained this, a bit. As a fighter, they're bound to happen, but these came from growing up.

I believe I touched on everything noted here oxo; heart

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:37 pm
heyoooo phifer o v o <3

just clarifying @ some things vamps said;

@ skin tone; there are ... a lot of human flesh tones LMAO. not all horsemen are tan (most of death/conquest is quite pale actually!) and not all undeads/ghosts are super blueish (like tybalt is black!)
so providing some sort of basis would be good. or you can just leave it up to the artist!

@ FEAR; what vamps is getting at is that its better to pick a FEAR and then attach a FEAR mechanic to it, rather than just pick the best FEAR mechanic and then put your FEAR on it.

Since you're going for a fire motiff, perhaps tainted fang would be better? It sounds more like you want to go for the idea of cold fire than the actual punch. maybe simplify it a bit? instead of punch w/ fire + pushing fire it could just be one of the two? y1 students are supposed to be weak little babies so their y1 FEARs are going to be super cool and powerful- it should start small and get cooler as they progress through the years!

If you want to stick with the battle cry it's totally cool, just giving you some options O v O <33

also its cool that he has an older face, just remember he shouldnt look adultlike or act too adultlike. this is still high school after all! xD

and this is just my own preference, but usually its best not to plan y2 appearances/attacks/etc until he reaches y2 cause tons of things change icly o v o ! but yeah thats just me and you can totally ignore this whole paragraph alsdkfj

BUT YEAH i just wanted to clarify some of the things she was saying! (at least, what i think she was saying. idk idk idk i could just be super intrusive here and im so sorry if i am!). other than that he looks crazy awesome and i cant wait to play with him <3 <3 <3 eeeeeee <33333  

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:56 pm
As the Bin consumed the latest enrollment, a hauntingly beautiful chorus sounded in the distance.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

AWWWoooooooOOOOOOooooWOooooooo!

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces