Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Eclipse of Worlds

Back to Guilds

A PMD Guild like you've never seen before with a missions system and storyline to meet every RPers needs! 

Tags: Pokemon, Mystery, Dungeon, Roleplay, Literate 

Reply OOC Forum
Thoughts on the guild~ [Please post!]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cysic X
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:28 pm
So, heya everyone. I just thought I'd start this little thread, here, because it would be ~neat~.

This is basically a thread where you deposit your thoughts on the guild. What do you like? What do you dislike? What things do you think should be changed, removed, improved upon or added? I think we'd all love to get a better idea of how people feel, and this is obviously an easy way to do it~

Of course, I'll start.

Things I dislike:

The current plot is awful for PC involvement. This is something I think most of the mods are aware of and a few of us are actively brainstorming on how to deal with it.

The current plot is also a little high-power. This loops back into the former point in that it makes it hard for people to really get involved.

It'd be nice if we had a way to reward people for actively working in good posts and such? I want to use the token system for this but with how busy Shawn and I have been in combination there hasn't been room to discuss it too much.

I have over 200,000 PD and nothing to spend it on. ;_;

Things I do like:

Shawn writes some pretty good plot even though he refuses to admit it and he's pretty good about taking member input on it. (Well... most of those members have become mods at this point so I don't know if that counts anymore.) Though of course y'all are still encouraged to give input, ideas, etc. We're running max "rule of cool" here so as long as it's not totally a** backwards we love pretty much any suggestions we get.

More and more so lately the chapters are generally fairly interesting. It's nice that we've branched off from the "break X enemies" that we used to, and even when we revert to that it's typically in a much more interesting variation.

The NPC cast as a whole is fairly well written although a little more action between them would be nice here and there.

The member base.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:30 am
So, being one of, if not the newest person to enter the guild, I can honestly say I like it here. A lot. But there are one or two things that I don't like.

For one, I agree with Cysic that the plot is high-power. Beside the battle itself, there really wasn't anything I could do myself afterwards besides accept the awards and go. Of course if you're working on that then its okay.

That's really my only valid complaint.

But, there are quite a few things that I like.

The most important thing is that this staff is incredibly active. It seems like one of you is online at all times and that's great.

Any drama amongst members is nonexistent or kept private, which is something that I find to be great on any roleplaying site. I've been around the block a few times and there is always that one member that starts drama and whatnot. Of course I've only been here a few weeks, so what would I know. If this is the case, however, kudos to all of you.

The plot is well-written indeed, Shawn, whom I'm assuming is Chaos Divide, does a fantastic job. I've looked through previous chapters and they're all pretty different from one another content-wise, so it means things are changed up constantly for the members. Awesome.

The dungeons are all very creative. So are the missions. That's really self-explanatory.

There's more of course, but I thought this would suffice.  

Chrome Loki

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:28 pm
My thoughts on this subject would be...

Dislikes:

The plot thing I'd have to agree with but it can be managed so....

Yeah..probably more party involvement? *shrug*

The NPC's are well made, from what I've seen and heard at least. The plots do seem thought out but that's the usual. >>;; The community is epic (as usual fff ) and yeah.

....Gawd this is such parroting fff....

But yeah I'd say to have more involvement missions or something? Like...where it's more of a character development for the players?

*shrug*  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:12 pm

Things I like: ...Well I've been here since it's creation so I guess everything already mentioned in earlier posts and then some? Great bunch of RPers moving at a pace I could keep up with most of the time.

Things that I don't like/Things that could be improved on: Alsd;jfsad;f! Characters. There are /a lot/ of 'em and I admit fully that I find myself often lost when they are alluded to outside of any context that doesn't include a sprite or something that would jog my memory. Erm, a possible suggestion if anyone else has this problem would be a one topic compilation, a character-dex of sorts, where each active member would keep a post listing all their characters with names and a simple paragraph detailing their interactions, affiliations, and otherwise standing in the current plot to be updated by the poster often. Just a 'lil something that would be easier to sift through in comparison to the profile subforum which in and of itself isn't all that up to date as it should be (Something which I take fault for myself)... Erm, yeah, that's about it.

kwchups
Crew

Redilicious
Crew

Dapper Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:26 pm
I dislike:

Well...its all pretty much been said already sweatdrop

I like:

ALL YOU PEOPLE ARE SO NICE. Like, just come off as friendly. There's always at least someone on, which is good! Shawn/Chaos is doing great with the plot, and the chapters are great. And just, um...well, what everyone else said sweatdrop

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:13 pm
You know, it's fine to repeat things. I'm mostly curious to see what common trends exist within the guild (ie: what thing does everyone consistently love, is there anything consistently disliked) so there's no shame or redundancy in repeating things~  

Cysic X
Vice Captain

OOC Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces