Welcome to Gaia! ::

1x1 H E A V E N

Back to Guilds

A meetup guild for 1x1 roleplayers. 

Tags: 1x1 rp, partner, search, roleplaying, roleplays 

Reply The Main Hall -- Search threads go here!
Forever searching, not always finding.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bubbles_the_panda

Beloved Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:43 pm
YAY!! Fellow rpers, welcome to the craziness that is my attempt to let you know what I think you need/may want to know. ^^

User Image
Okay, the main purpose of this thread is for me to find a long-lasting, interesting rp with a partner that is fairly awesome. I assume you are doing the same thing otherwise, what're you doing here? XD

Please try to read through most of the info posts before pm'ing me. ^.^ This is where I will keep all of my preferences, ideas, samples, and other things. I will do my best to keep it updated and current, so no worries about it not being relavant anymore. I apologize for this thread being so long, however I thought it was all pertinent information and you can just kinda skim through it til you see something that peeks your interest. smile

I only use pms or private threads. I will respond faster to pms, but threads are good for making pretty posts and keeping a good record of what has happened in the rp so far. smile

I like to think of myself as fairly literate. I have good punctuation and spelling, although I admit that my grammar could most likely use some work. I do my best to have a varied vocabulary and to make my posts interesting to read while giving you something to reply to. I do make mistakes, but everyone does.

The length of my post is dependant on several things. One is what is happening in the rp at the moment. If my character isn't doing much, I don't really want to drag out my post to hit a certain length describing the dust on the ground. I'm sure you don't want to read that either.
Two is the length that you give me. If you are giving me large posts, I will return the favor. If you give me almost nothing, that is what I will give you. The more I have to work with, the more I can post, and the more I can give you to work with! Mutual thing.

I'm gonna list pairings later on. biggrin Just ideas, by no means is it the only stuff I'll do.

P.S If you have any questions about what I covered here (or didn't), ask me. smile

heart

User Image

I am REALLY craving a rp with a private school, all boys or all girls, and a member of the opposite sex sneaks in as a student for whatever reason. It's been done a lot, but I always love these rps, and these always end up dying for whatever reason. I would love to do this kind of an rp. ^.^ (Or any version of this, such as in medival times and a woman sneaks in as a knight or something. biggrin Be free to be creative peeps!)

I must ask for a few samples from you, since I have already provided you with some at the end of all this info shenanigans. Thank you!

Table of Contents
-Introduction-
-Loves/Hates-
-Extra Info (BTW)-
-Pairings-
-Random-
-Writing Examples-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:47 pm
heart User Image heart
-Romance, I am a sucker for romance and I prefer all my rps to have some element of it, even if it is some sort of epic adventure.

-High school, I think they are fun, filled with drama. What else can I say?

-Fantasy/medival. Does not have to involve other races or magic even, but I enjoy these. And other races and magic are fun too.

-Well-developed plots. However, it doesn't have to be set in stone. I like to see the twists and turns of the story.

-Slow moving romance, I have had many role play partners who insisted on moving the romance along at break-neck pace. Guess how long that role play lasted?

-Making it up as I go along. Yes, I like having a beginning situation, but I will come up with stuff randomly just to make things more interesting. Also, I love brainstorming ideas for later in the story, SO I hope you like brainstorming sessions. XD

-Multiple characters. Doesn't have to be mains, just little NPC's are good enough to add a little color.

-Forbidden romance. I know I already put that I love romance, but I also love struggle, conflict, all that wonderful good stuff that tortures our characters. twisted These of course are wide open to different plots and characters.

-Intricate plots. Doesn't have to be all planned out before hand, but this adds character depth and intrigue. Keeps both of us interested.

- Drama. What I mean is, I don't want our characters to be all perfect and everything just goes really smooth. That's boring. Sorry. Also, if I introduce a problem, or we start out with a problem, I don't want it resolved in two posts, or without any real... conflict. That's not the point. A story is formed by problems and obstacles being in a character's way and their journey overcoming it. And that's what we are doing, writing a story! ^^

evil User Image evil

-Vampires/Werewolves. They have been done to death. ((But with a story line... that IS NOT book/movie/show related, maybeh. AND DAMMIT, THEY CAN NOT SPARKLE. Make em at least a little scary eh?))

-Movies/Books. Chances are, I haven't read the book or watched the movie.

-Anime/Manga. No. Again, I probably haven't seen it.

-Large amounts of cussing. I don't like to hear it, small amounts are acceptable. When you cuss all the time, it makes me think that you do not have a large vocabulary to choose from. (I don't mean with your character's speech. If that's part of their shtick, okay. But in the rest of the writing, don't.)

-Chat speak. DON'T. EVER. In OCC it's fine, but not while typing for your character.

-Incest or adultery. Don't even try it.

-People who have their characters seemingly read mine's mind. Unless they are telepathic, this isn't possible. No one is that good. They might read some of their facial expressions or something and occasionally guess right, but you and I know that in reality most of the time social cues are misread or over analyzed. I don't know of a better way to lose my interest.

-On the subject of characters... perfect characters. I don't mean that I don't like characters who are good people. I mean the characters that always know what to say, know what to do, and their few 'flaws' are basically nil. If you have a character that has an extremely good heart, that's great. But it would get them into trouble, make people take advantage of them and such, and they'd get HURT. Sorry, minor rant there. And if you think my characters are too perfect for your liking, please let me know so I can fix it.

-Drama resolved too quickly. Already covered it. Don't like it.

-Anything involving my characters having to abuse someone- No. I'm not comfortable with it whatsoever, even if everything ends up happy in the end. No. (Not that an abuse victim or something like that can't be part of the role play. I just mean having my main character do that.)

~~~~~~~~~

About the banned role plays, if you have an EXTREMELY good plot, I might consider it. Except the incest/married/abusing people. No. Just say no.

Let me know about any preferences you have as well!

bubbles_the_panda

Beloved Explorer

bubbles_the_panda

Beloved Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:50 pm
User Image

BTW

The thread is a little random, but hopefully fun to read. If not, then I am probably not the rp partner for you.

One thing that bugs the crap out of me. When people don't write enough, or only write the actions all the time. No reactions, no emotions, no thoughts. And only about two sentences. If I ask you to write more, please do so, or I will stop rping with you.

Finally, I know a lot of people have a tendancy to stop rp'ing before the rp is actually finished. I am one of those people unfortunately. The reasons for my doing so are simple. They will be one of the below.

~I may be having trouble coming up with my post, and therefore it looks like I have abandoned the rp.
~It has been so long since you last replied that I've lost all interest and/or all the inspiration I had for the rp.
~You've ignored all my attempts to chat with you and talk about the rp.
~Your characters are one-demensional, your posts are difficult for me to read.
~I've been forced to supply all the ideas for the rp.
~I've just plain lost interest.

The best way to make sure I don't quit? Talk to me. I'm serious. The best rps for me have been the ones where I talk to my partner, make friends with them after a while, and chat with them to get and give ideas for the characters. It's much more enjoyable.

OH OH OH OH OH!!!

User Image

There is a concept that I found interesting that I found someone else using and might like to try. Taking pictures of couples or groups or something and basing an rp off of it. Kinda off the wall, but I think it'd be interesting. If you have pictures that you want to draw inspiration from, show them to me and we'll see if we can work something out.

Again, to remind you, samples are posted down below in the last info post. I would love to use any of those characters. If you wish additional samples, I would be more than happy to supply them.

-----& I have several rps that died (by either my fault or my rp partner's, or just because) and I would love to pick them up again. All the links are below with a little explanation of what they are about, and if you want to rp but don't have ideas, feel free to read through some of them and see if anything catches your eye!

Thread number one- This is a really old group rp I was in about two years ago (my writing skills have improved vastly, I promise), involving Demons and Angels as races in a medival type setting, the two races at war with half-breeds stuck in the middle. If you'll read through it you'll get the idea. I always liked the idea, and it doesn't have to be Demons and Angels, it just has to be two warring groups where there could be 'half-breeds'. And this doesn't have to be a onexone, if you have other people who might like to be in such an rp, feel free to invite them. It could be an awesome shindig!!! ((You should be able to play more than one chari for this idea.))

Thread number two, High school- Why is this one here? Cause I loved the characters in this rp. If you are able to play these males opposite those two girls, I would adore you.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:53 pm
PAIRING IDEAS!!!

Woot! This are prone to change, so don't think this is set in stone. biggrin This is just stuff I thought of and/or have done before. Feel free to suggest stuff!

Bold are what I would prefer to play. I'll play the other one, but I'd rather not.
idea = idea. Could be for the plot, setting, characters, ect.
heart = I am currently craving. The more hearts, the more I want.
User Image = Not crazy about it, but if you convince me I'll do it.

Royalty x Commoner
Royalty x Guard heart
Supernatural Being x Human
Supernatural Being x Supernatural Being (any type of being, alien, angel, demon, elf, ect)
Sorcerer x Apprentice
Boss x Employee

A random idea. If anyone has played the DS game Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness, I'd like to do an rp based off of that. smile

Feel free to suggest other things. ^^

A current CRAVING I have is to continue an rp that didn't go all that far along in the plot (for RL reasons) and I would just love to pick up again.
If you want to look at it, here it is.
It is really interesting, lots of characters, a more unique setting, and can go any direction we like. The first page is a bit blah, I admit, but the other three pages (only four pages of reading folks) are really good!
Please at least glance at it if you don't have a specific idea you want for an rp. Also, I swear I'm a better writer than I was there, I was just starting to rp back then. XD
Thank you!

AND ONWARD WE GO!

Picture pairings

((By no means do the people have to be the romantic pair, or the only characters. Although, it'd be cool if they were. biggrin ))

Picture one

Picture two

Picture three

Picture four

Other pics

(Random pics that could be used for inspiration)

Picture one

Picture two

Picture three

bubbles_the_panda

Beloved Explorer

bubbles_the_panda

Beloved Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:54 pm
Random quotes, pics, and anything else I feel like putting here for general amusement!

The way I see it, love is three things. Physical attraction, Commitment, and Intimacy. ~ My lovely sister

My grandmother started walking
five miles a day when she was sixty.
She's ninety-seven now,
and we don't know where the hell she is.

"One of the great things about books
is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures."
-George W. Bush

Before you criticize someone,
you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way when you criticize them,
you are a mile away from them
AND you have their shoes.

Everything has beauty...
But not everyone
SEES it.

Sometimes I call him Rick.

A rose.
Lookit!!

Pandas are indeed my favorite animal.

Purple is the most amazing color, and a fun word to say, just like bubble or baluga. 4laugh

Smilies are my way of expressing my emotions. Deal with it.

Sherlock Holmes is Fabulous. Jeremy Brett is the best actor who ever played his character, god rest his soul.

I don't know much about pop culture.

Yes I do live under a rock.

118 degrees is not natural.

I love Spaghetti.

Anything else you can just ask.

biggrin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:55 pm
CLICK HERE FOR SAMPLES

Also can be used for ideas, since I would love to do rps based off of any of those posts/characters.

bubbles_the_panda

Beloved Explorer

JalunaBerry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:17 pm
I must say, this is a much more interesting post then my thread. And it caught my attention just through the title! How about that?

Anyhow...I was caught at the start but reading to the end made me change my mind. Harvest Moon please. I love Harvest Moon to death. -dies- ((See? xD I died)).

But seriously. I'd be happy to do an RP with you. I prefer to play female, but I can play male if needed, and I don't mind playing multiple characters at all to help move things on. For anything fan based (such as the HM idea), I prefer to play original characters, but I can play a canon as long as it's a filler-based character for our story. Of the other things you mentioned I'd enjoy Royalty x Commoner, Royalty x Guard, or Supernatural Being x Human (or another supernatural being. Personally, my favorite to play as a supernatural being would be an alien or some sort of half human/half something else). I can do the Boss x Employee, but it would depend on the setting you want and the like and it is by far my least favorite of the group.

I'm also fine with just focusing on a genre. Romance is fine with me and I prefer it so long as it's slow, so we'll get along well there. Fantasy or school-based are always good too, and we can always wing it a bit if we need to.

Finally for interests, the original thing that caught my attention was the all boys/girls school where someone sneaks in as a student. I've never done one of those, but I love those types of stories. xD

As for posting...I'm fine in PM or threads. I tend to prefer threads because I can keep track of things more, but PMs are starting to grow on me a bit too. So it's not a big deal. As for my post length... It will vary depending on what you give me to work off of and what's going on, so I'm like you in that way. But I will always do my best to give you something to work from. Just...Don't ask me to describe any smells and we're good. xD  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:42 pm
XD Well thank you. I do my best to make it interesting. Even if it is a bit too long. lol

Well, I honestly don't mind which, although I would like to do the Harvest Moon based rp and you are the only one so far who has shown an interest. :3 And we can play original characters, unless you had a particular person you wanted to play opposite your original?

Also if you want to do the all boys/girls school, we can do both rps, or just either/or. Doesn't matter that much to me, I would be happy with both ideas. ^.^ Also any of the pairings. Just kinda depends what flavor rp you would like the most. biggrin

As I've said, I tend to reply to pms faster, and threads I like to make pretty posts. So it is up to you as well. I'm flexible.  

bubbles_the_panda

Beloved Explorer

JalunaBerry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:58 am
In this case it would depend on if we're doing both or just one. If we are doing both the school thing and the Harvest Moon, I'd say forums would be easier to keep things separated in terms of our ideas. If it's just one...Then PM is fine. Now, for forums I must ask you...Do you mind if I don't make my posts pretty? xD It's a pain for me and it just makes me lose interest quickly. I don't mind if you do it, but I can't handle doing it myself o.o;

And If you'd prefer Harvest Moon, that'll be our first start no matter what, and we can do the school RP too if you want to do more than one- that's what I'll leave up to you.

As for a character I'd rather play opposite of...I'm happy opposite of an OC or a character from the game so it's up to you on that :3  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:59 pm
JalunaBerry
In this case it would depend on if we're doing both or just one. If we are doing both the school thing and the Harvest Moon, I'd say forums would be easier to keep things separated in terms of our ideas. If it's just one...Then PM is fine. Now, for forums I must ask you...Do you mind if I don't make my posts pretty? xD It's a pain for me and it just makes me lose interest quickly. I don't mind if you do it, but I can't handle doing it myself o.o;

And If you'd prefer Harvest Moon, that'll be our first start no matter what, and we can do the school RP too if you want to do more than one- that's what I'll leave up to you.

As for a character I'd rather play opposite of...I'm happy opposite of an OC or a character from the game so it's up to you on that :3

Well, we could just try doing one. And I don't mind if you do not decorate, I probably won't if you don't.

I would love to do Harvest Moon, but we will have to think up some drama and plot stuff before we start so that we have an idea of what the story will be.  

bubbles_the_panda

Beloved Explorer

JalunaBerry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:25 am
A way to start that would be deciding which area we'd be using. There are quite a few places Harvest Moon has taken place, so having a place to base off of would be a good start. From there, we can decide whether we want to use parts of the plot of that area, mix in a different one or just use our own, and from there decide how to go about it. Make sense? We can always make our own area too, though.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:09 pm
Have any plot ideas for the second pairing picture?  

Schkylar ORion

Romantic Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The Main Hall -- Search threads go here!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games