Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
General Question

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:19 am
So one of my classes this semester is Social Psychology. And while I was sitting there and my professor was going over our big assignments for the semester I kept thinking how some of the assignments kinda pertains to some of the stuff we talking about(i.e. How tweens idolize Silver Ravenwolf even though she's terrible). Would it be ok with you guys if I use some of the stuff you guys post in here and/or other guilds that we're in for my class?

I'll also be asking in other guilds.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:20 pm

Obviously I can't speak for everyone in the guild. But if you feel that any of my posts would help you in your class, you are free to use.

(I would ask that you cite me if you do use them, but I'm not sure if your teacher would accept a citation of "Ren LehCrow from GaiaOnline". But I guess that would depend on the context.)

Ren LehCrow

Amorous Lovergirl

7,100 Points
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Knight 100

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:26 pm
Yeah definetely. If your professor needs actual names, then I wouldn't mind too much in messaging you it.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:48 pm
I was going to ask him next time if it was alright if I cited with usernames. I know a lot of people would be uncomfortable with giving me their real name since I'm just a name on the internet.

I know for this first assignment he wanted links to articles that related to the first 4 chapters in our book so there probably wouldn't be any problem there since I already told him it was on a forum and we discuss these topics and he said that it was alright.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:29 pm
You might want to talk to him about how structuring your paper and describing the forum might allow people their privacy.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:39 pm
Esiris
You might want to talk to him about how structuring your paper and describing the forum might allow people their privacy.
Why did I not notice this before?

But thanks. I will. I'm waiting to see if the college decides to get its butt in gear and give me my grant money so I know if I have to drop out or not.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:59 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Esiris

But thanks. I will. I'm waiting to see if the college decides to get its butt in gear and give me my grant money so I know if I have to drop out or not.

*shrugs* Depending on how you write your paper- you could document what people post as a social movement online.

Also- you're welcome to use any of my stuff, but before you do could you write me in a PM and let me know. I don't always word myself right and I'd like a chance to make any corrections first. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:05 pm
Esiris
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Esiris

*shrugs* Depending on how you write your paper- you could document what people post as a social movement online.

Also- you're welcome to use any of my stuff, but before you do could you write me in a PM and let me know. I don't always word myself right and I'd like a chance to make any corrections first. sweatdrop
Thank you. I was planning on PMing people if I used them in the essay to let them know or if I didn't get an answer from them and I really had to use them ask them that way if it's ok.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games