Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Deity Help?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daearen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:48 pm
Hey I've considered myself a pagan for over a year now and although i don't follow a set religion I know that I have Dual Deities that are of the Sun and Moon, God / Goddess ect..
I do a moon ritual every full moon but I don't know what i could do for my God as well.

Any ideas or suggestions?

How do you worship your Deities?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:00 pm
Well, if you're having trouble figuring out how to worship your gods, maybe you could ask them?

Any advice people would give beyond that would mean we'd need to know who your gods are. sweatdrop  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Daearen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:03 pm
Well i don't know who they are ): but it doesn't matter too much to me, I figure if they wanted me to know they would tell me. I once asked who my Goddess was and she showed me the moon and a trinity symbol.
They may have no name and they may have many names. but i don't think its important to them to give them a name.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:11 pm
Well, a name isn't necessarily who they are. Maybe you could ask your god how he would prefer to be honoured.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:12 pm
Daearen
Well i don't know who they are ): but it doesn't matter too much to me, I figure if they wanted me to know they would tell me. I once asked who my Goddess was and she showed me the moon and a trinity symbol.
They may have no name and they may have many names. but i don't think its important to them to give them a name.

Well- to me it's always been important, especially since something that's good to one god can be insulting to another.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:16 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Well, a name isn't necessarily who they are. Maybe you could ask your god how he would prefer to be honoured.

I'll give it a try. I remember asking once, a long while ago, and I recieved visions of meadows and forest and of forest animals. I'm not sure what that meant.  

Daearen

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:27 pm
Daearen
Sanguina Cruenta

I'll give it a try. I remember asking once, a long while ago, and I recieved visions of meadows and forest and of forest animals. I'm not sure what that meant.

It's pretty hard crafting your own religion, with deities you're not sure anyone else worships. Believe me, I know wink You sort of have to follow your instincts, check and re-check, expose yourself to the gods and hope for insights. You have to try things, keep what works and jettison what doesn't. Keep a lot of notes of what you're doing and the impressions you get from it. What hasn't worked before may work in the future if you change the way you do it or the context in which you do it.

Now for me, my God is also related to the sun. I had good experiences with daily devotions at dawn, when I was able to be up to see the sun rise. You may also, or perhaps you won't.

EDIT: you mentioned your goddess was related to a trinity symbol? You may want to track down that symbol's origins, and see if she is a member of the pantheon associated with that symbol.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:36 pm
The Symbol looks something likeTHIS. I think its Celtic? But I'll try to look more into it.  

Daearen

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:45 pm
Daearen
The Symbol looks something likeTHIS. I think its Celtic? But I'll try to look more into it.

Ah, the triquetra. Yeah, it is Celtic. You could try reading up about Celtic moon goddesses and see if one of them is her. Seems to me she was trying to help you narrow it down.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:00 pm
Daearen
Hey I've considered myself a pagan for over a year now and although i don't follow a set religion I know that I have Dual Deities that are of the Sun and Moon, God / Goddess ect..
I do a moon ritual every full moon but I don't know what i could do for my God as well.

Any ideas or suggestions?

How do you worship your Deities?

I don't work with any Deities, in large part because I cannot really figure out who or what They are, what the Divine is. So I guess I'm a little like you in that.

However, you say your God is associated with the sun, so my thought would be to do some kind of sun ritual. The solstices and equinoxes are obvious candidates for days to do sun rituals on. Or maybe you could say a devotion whenever you see the sun for the first time in a day, like saying, "thanks for shining on me." Or, like Sanguina suggested, you could do a devotion at a certain time of day, sunrise, noon, or sunset... But if your God is a sun God, it seems like something to do with the sun would be a good place to start.  

Katefox Tarnagona

Shameless Genius

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games