Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
That is just Deluded... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:53 pm
Azareas Aquarinus
Ah, I see. Why would it be stupid?

Because weather impacts us socially an environmentally and no one can really see the long reaching consequences of that.

Let's say I want it to rain so my garden isn't so dry and I don't have to pay for it on my water bill- is me saving money on my bill worth the car accident that happens when it rains and the oil on the road makes the off ramp slick and someone can't stop in time. Is me wanting that worth some kid not being able to play his last baseball game and have his mama in the stands one more time before she dies of cancer? Is me wanting that worth the farms down south having to pay more on their bill because it rained here and not there.

It might save me $8. What will it cost everyone else?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:56 pm
Azareas Aquarinus
Because the weather patterns are world wide. You move a rain cloud so it rains in your area it shifts everything. Best example I can think of was in Bruce Almighty. Bruce was granted the power of God and one ofthe things he ended up doing was he moved the moon closer to earth. That caused the weather patterns all over earth to change.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:58 pm
Esiris
Azareas Aquarinus

Because weather impacts us socially an environmentally and no one can really see the long reaching consequences of that.

Let's say I want it to rain so my garden isn't so dry and I don't have to pay for it on my water bill- is me saving money on my bill worth the car accident that happens when it rains and the oil on the road makes the off ramp slick and someone can't stop in time. Is me wanting that worth some kid not being able to play his last baseball game and have his mama in the stands one more time before she dies of cancer? Is me wanting that worth the farms down south having to pay more on their bill because it rained here and not there.

Ah, I see. Thanks for pointing that out.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:43 pm
Azareas Aquarinus
Well, my ex girlfriend is saying she's a "Witch" and that Witches aren't humans. And that she flies on a Broomstick. Saying that "Wiccans" aren't "real Witches" and Witchcraft is non-existant. Anyone else think she seems crazy or delusional?

You dated this person?  

Xaolu

Dapper Smoker

9,425 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Noob wrangler 100

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:35 am
Xaolu
Azareas Aquarinus
Well, my ex girlfriend is saying she's a "Witch" and that Witches aren't humans. And that she flies on a Broomstick. Saying that "Wiccans" aren't "real Witches" and Witchcraft is non-existant. Anyone else think she seems crazy or delusional?

You dated this person?
|Yup.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:14 pm
Azareas Aquarinus
oOGarrettOo

Also, I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about in your last post. About the natural/unnatural thing.

Some people like to believe magic is paranormal or supernatural. Magic's a natural force. And as far as I know, when you do magic, you can't go against the laws of nature. You go with it. Not against it. That's as far as I'm aware, anyway.

No that's not the only kind of magick...although I suppose it depends on who you talk to but there are a lot of different sorts of magick.

Magick from a deity or deities, magick from natural things, magick from less natural things and so on.

Maeve Sage

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:01 pm
my question is: if she believes these things AND she's is your ex, why are you still talking to her? i don't see how anything good could come from it, mentally or emotionally.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:13 pm
whiporwill-o
my question is: if she believes these things AND she's is your ex, why are you still talking to her? i don't see how anything good could come from it, mentally or emotionally.

I've actually stopped all contact with her after this "argument". I realized it to be best me and her go our separate ways.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Rebel_Dynasty

2,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:09 am
Azareas Aquarinus
Esiris
Azareas Aquarinus

Which essentially brings up the point that we're suppose to go with the grain, not against it. Every action has a reaction.

As to your friend...wow. >.> She definitely sounds deluded. Is she on any meds?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:12 pm
Rebel_Dynasty
Azareas Aquarinus
Esiris
Azareas Aquarinus

Which essentially brings up the point that we're suppose to go with the grain, not against it. Every action has a reaction.

As to your friend...wow. >.> She definitely sounds deluded. Is she on any meds?

I have no idea.

She seems like she's bipolar, though.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games