Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Color Correspondence

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:31 pm
So I was wondering if anyone had a reliable color correspondence list?
I had the idea of making wrist warmers and little bracelets and whatnot to go along with what one would want. Like during school I would probably where the color that went along with knowledge. But the list I have doesn't have knowledge or wisdom on it at all.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:56 pm
I'll try to look for you, but I can't make any promises. I'll link it here if that's okay with the admins. If I can find one that is.
Edit: I found one with wisdom on it here but I don't know how reliable that site is. You know how some sites like to skew the information to make it right in their eyes.

KathrinGreenwood

3,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

blindfaith^_^

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:57 pm
We'd need more information on which culture you were pulling from to respond. Colors and their meanings aren't universal. Even among new age eclectics, there isn't really an agreement.

Based off of my hodge-podge part chakra part basic elemental part personal association trial and error. I'd say fact based knowledge and memory charms/ quick wit is associated with bright yellow. Personal truth and insight is associated with teal. Intuition is associated with violet while emotional intelligence or empathy is associated with forest green or light pink.

What are you trying to gain from school or from the bracelets? One color really probably won't be enough to encompass everything you're trying to take in at school or in another situation.

I could give specific reasoning and explanation behind each, if you would like.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:12 pm
This is the chart from my coven's website. It's pretty much your bog-standard Western magical correspondences.

http://www.circe-argent.com/magic.htm  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

HorsesOfTheNight

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:41 pm
blindfaith^_^
We'd need more information on which culture you were pulling from to respond. Colors and their meanings aren't universal. Even among new age eclectics, there isn't really an agreement.

This is very true. 3nodding

For example in the United States the color white can represent purity. In India the color white represents mourning.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:54 pm
Morgandria
This is the chart from my coven's website. It's pretty much your bog-standard Western magical correspondences.

http://www.circe-argent.com/magic.htm

eek

That explains some of the color coding I had in some of my dreams before I met my HP an HPS face to face.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:17 pm
>.< Totally forgot that different colors had different meanings depending on the culture. But what my thought was possibly Western associations for ones I sell and Kemetic associations for the ones for myself.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games