Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
i'm terrified

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:27 am
this is really embarrassing, especially considering my age, but i'm afraid. all the time. the thing is, my nightmare is the same thing. did you ever see the grudge? that movie terrified me. i only saw it once and that was the year it came out (so it's been like 6 or 7 years now!), but i'm always afraid i'll see her or the boy. i don't typically watch scary movies because of this fear. i'll be fine, sitting or laying or getting ready in the morning or even just walking through the house, then it will suddenly hit me and i'm afraid to even move. i don't sleep well at night because of it and it affects me during the day. i'm even afraid to look in a mirror because i'm afraid i'll see her in it. i can't afford a doctor and nothing i've tried works. i know i suffer from ocpd and an anxiety disorder, i've read that fear as crippling as this may be a result of anxiety issues (i know for a fact that it makes my anxiety worse). i just don't know what to do anymore. soon i'll be doing clinicals for school and i'll have to be alert and at my best. the only time it doesn't affect me is when i'm with another person or even when i had my inside dog i felt safer (i'm no longer allowed an inside pet). i'm at my wits end and i just don't know what to do anymore sad  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:47 am
If you're a student- maybe you can look into your college's counselling program?  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

StaticJennifer

3,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:25 am
whiporwill-o
this is really embarrassing, especially considering my age, but i'm afraid. all the time. the thing is, my nightmare is the same thing. did you ever see the grudge? that movie terrified me. i only saw it once and that was the year it came out (so it's been like 6 or 7 years now!), but i'm always afraid i'll see her or the boy. i don't typically watch scary movies because of this fear. i'll be fine, sitting or laying or getting ready in the morning or even just walking through the house, then it will suddenly hit me and i'm afraid to even move. i don't sleep well at night because of it and it affects me during the day. i'm even afraid to look in a mirror because i'm afraid i'll see her in it. i can't afford a doctor and nothing i've tried works. i know i suffer from ocpd and an anxiety disorder, i've read that fear as crippling as this may be a result of anxiety issues (i know for a fact that it makes my anxiety worse). i just don't know what to do anymore. soon i'll be doing clinicals for school and i'll have to be alert and at my best. the only time it doesn't affect me is when i'm with another person or even when i had my inside dog i felt safer (i'm no longer allowed an inside pet). i'm at my wits end and i just don't know what to do anymore sad

What might also help some,is when you get like that,stay still,try to relax,and take easy calming deep breathes,in through the nose,out with the mouth,and tell yourself it isn't there,im safe.

but look into what Esiris said also =o hope i helped D:  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:00 am
Mystic_Victoria
whiporwill-o

What might also help some,is when you get like that,stay still,try to relax,and take easy calming deep breathes,in through the nose,out with the mouth,and tell yourself it isn't there,im safe.

but look into what Esiris said also =o hope i helped D:

Definitely see if your school offers counselling. I think most do? Also, this is very good if you need to calm yourself down. It is physiologically impossible for the body to be panicked and relaxed at the same time, so by forcing yourself to stop and take deep breaths, you're forcing your body to relax, and this will make you feel calmer.  

Katefox Tarnagona

Shameless Genius

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:36 pm
thanks for the advice. i never even thought about counselling through school. i try to relax, but that fight or flight kicks in and i'm not good with confrontation, lol.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:48 pm
whiporwill-o
thanks for the advice. i never even thought about counselling through school. i try to relax, but that fight or flight kicks in and i'm not good with confrontation, lol.
I know my fear isn't as strong as yours but it does take time to get used to making yourself stop and calm yourself. I still get jumpy but I stop and remember that the gods are there and that helps me a lot.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Maeve Sage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:26 pm
If going to a professional is not possible I suggest finding things that calm you. I myself have a severe phobia of ceasing to exist and anxiety issues.

However I've found that mint first of all is a very calming thing, mint tea, mint gum, just mint in general. Secondly I have an obsession with Star Wars and for whatever reason chanting the Jedi Code to myself calms me down.

So mantra's help, patterns help, mint...thing's like that.

It's like the kid who is scared of the dark so they hide under their blankets and they just know that they are safe as long as they stay there. Search for something like that, although you preferably want things you can do anywhere.

Fear's that are not rational require solutions that similarly have no need to be rational.

Also avoid stimulants such as caffeine, they will make anxiety worse.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:12 pm
Maeve Sage
If going to a professional is not possible I suggest finding things that calm you. I myself have a severe phobia of ceasing to exist and anxiety issues.

However I've found that mint first of all is a very calming thing, mint tea, mint gum, just mint in general. Secondly I have an obsession with Star Wars and for whatever reason chanting the Jedi Code to myself calms me down.

It's like the kid who is scared of the dark so they hide under their blankets and they just know that they are safe as long as they stay there. Search for something like that, although you preferably want things you can do anywhere.

Fear's that are not rational require solutions that similarly have no need to be rational.

thanks. i don't have any mint at the moment. all my plants went into shock and died when i moved a while back and i just have nowhere to restart my garden right now, i do drink chamomile tea before bed sometimes though. it helps a bit.

i've been doing better. i think my anxiety was turned up a few notches bc i was starting school at a new campus, but i've settled down a lot and am basically back to "normal"  

whiporwill-o

Maeve Sage

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:33 pm
whiporwill-o
Maeve Sage

thanks. i don't have any mint at the moment. all my plants went into shock and died when i moved a while back and i just have nowhere to restart my garden right now, i do drink chamomile tea before bed sometimes though. it helps a bit.

i've been doing better. i think my anxiety was turned up a few notches bc i was starting school at a new campus, but i've settled down a lot and am basically back to "normal"

Well that's good!

*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff