Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dragon Quest/Warrior Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all your Dragon Quest/Warrior needs! 

Tags: JRPG, Slimes, Roto, Alefgard, Zenithia 

Reply Party Chat (Chatterbox)
Like a Bat outta Hell

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ThePersonInFrontOfYou
Vice Captain

Wheezing Wench

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:20 am
Before I continue my current agenda of announcing some big DQ related news, I thought I should give you all an explanation of why I've been gone.

In short, I've been stressed as heck this summer, and most of the downtime I had was spent cooling off. If I wanted to post or do something, my brain wouldn't even make the words appear. This massive amount of stress was caused by a few things, some of them family related. For while I love my family and I know they love me, my parents unintentionally put a load on my shoulders that really dragged me down.

But the main reason behind it was that my family is moving. Not too far from where we currently reside, just three states away. The thing is, it has all been extremely sudden. I didn't even know we were moving in June, and most of the house hunting took place in July. I only attended one trip with my parents, but I had to watch my younger siblings for the other two. We know what house we are moving to, but we have to sell our current one, which isn't even on the market yet. We don't know what to do with my youngest brother when he starts school, it's hard to sell houses in this economy for a decent price, and even worse, Hurricane Irene did a number on it. The house itself is okay, but many trees fell down, crushing electrical lights and turning the yard into an electrical hazard waiting to happen. In addition, the trees also crushed the fence cutting off our yard from the neighbors, and slicing my trampoline clean in half.

But I luckily missed that, since I am safe and sound at college, and while our power and some roads and buildings suffered, I was fine. And since I am missing a lot of the more tense transitional periods, I have been gradually cooling down, getting back into my art and passions, playing some games, and looking at DQ stuff.

Even though it has been a very stressful few months, I am still happy as always, and always willing to help. I just hope there are still folks left to hear this really cool announcement that I'm gonna post.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:24 pm
It's great to see you're well, housing issues aside as I was worried for you a little bit back there. All Irene did to my province was make it storm badly for awhile, but all's well in my dorm in Montréal. I feel kind of bad leaving for school just as you come back, but sadly it must be done, good news is I now have a laptop so I can sneak online every now and then when I'm not being crushed by a rather heavy semester.

For me, now having a flashcard to call my own, I've been catching up on my DS DQ titles, Rocket Slime was a cute, little fun game, but that's all I really liked in the non-main series thus far. I would go into other games that I've been playing like FE12 and Ys, but now's not the thread to.

Anyway, I'm still kickin' like an old hermit in an abandoned town, nor do I have any intention of leaving this place, we can always rebuild and recruit more people when us three mods are all here. So see you at your announcement thread!  

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200

ThePersonInFrontOfYou
Vice Captain

Wheezing Wench

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:26 pm
Thank you very much for the welcome back, and it's totally fine if you won't be around as much. I'm on a university schedule too, after all, so I understand. I don't intend on seeing this guild go quietly into the night either, just in case you needed any more evidence. :B  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:21 pm
And here's Nom with the sports:

Good evening to all you sports fans. I hope you all have enjoyed your time off. In this corner, we have the notorious people that have gotten into trouble. Yes, it is those kinds of people that fall into a lack of effort: THE PROCRASTINATORS! *Cheering comes tomorrow*

Over in this corner, we have the stressful time. Yes, some of us have gone through it before, but it has been rearing its ugly head around. It is those of you LOOKING FOR A JOB! *Weary cheering here*

And finally...the moment you all have been waiting for. We have saved the best for last...in my case. School comes around the corner? No it does not...it comes in the WINTER!

Yeah in a nutshell, I've been busy with looking for a job, being lazy, and...yeah.

Glad to see you are safe and sound Tiki. Best of luck to you  

Belzayne

Lonely Girl

Party Chat (Chatterbox)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas