Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]
[PRP] Put this and that together (Monera & Ehsan)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:25 pm
User Image

She had inherited the ideas and love for science from her father. He had told her all about experimenting, taking one thing and putting it together with another thing and seeing what happened, what came out of it, what happened when it got together and made something entirely new and interesting.

She never knew quite what she was going to make but when it sparked, flashed or smelled funny she considered it a success. Today was no different from any other day she had found two things, the first, a bug, the second a plant and she was deciding if the bug, which was definitely dead, should be smushed in to the leaf or if the leaf should be smushed in to the bug. It was a conundrum wrapped in an enigma encased in a bugs exoskeleton.

Maybe what she needed was an extra pair of paws...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:22 pm
User Image

Ehsan didn't have much to do. He'd played with his brother, had watched over his mother for a time, and now was wandering aimlessly. He really didn't feel like participating in the competitions of macho skills that the other boys tended to start up, and actually was avoiding the other boys. He just didn't feel like tussling and play fighting. It wasn't his way at all.

So it was that he happened along upon the other juve during experiment time. At the very least, she didn't look likely to challenge him to a test of strength, so he ambled up. He peered over her shoulder in mild curiosity. "What are you doing?" he inquired quietly, eyes narrowed to a squint at the small objects the girl had.

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:16 am
Monera lifted her head and grinned at the young male. "You're perfect! I was just thinking I needed an extra pair of paws." Completely forgetting thats he was speaking to a male she stands and moves Ehsan to sit in front of her. "Hold this bug for me" She places the bug between his forepaws and starts to smush the leaf in to the bug causing the dead bug to release a very peculiar smell.

"Yup, thats exactly what I thought would happen." She frowns and shakes her head "I thought maybe this leaf would change the smell of a stink bug, but obviously not, oh well." She grins at the silver male and tilts her head. "I'm Monera, who are you? Thanks for helping." She grins broadly, she hadn't exactly given him any choice in the matter but it deserved some sort of appreciation.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:22 pm
Not being a particularly disagreeable cub, and being too startled to protest anyway, he had watched in astonishment as she'd used his own paws to not only make a mess, but a smelly mess! He stared at her with an open mouth and paws full of stink bug guts. One rising feeling was outrage, but it was balanced by both shock and a mild but unusual sense of curiosity.

"I, ah...," he responded to her question, still vaguely stunned by her bizarre but easy manner. "I'm Ehsan," he finally managed, now glancing around for an idea of how to clean his paws without having to taste that horrible bug smell. With a lack of any other idea, he rubbed his paws on the ground, wiping the smelly goo off. "What was that all about?" he asked, mystified. Had she done it on purpose really, knowing it would make his paws smell of stink bug? He geared up for indignation if so, but tempered it with a growing dose of interest.

He wasn't at all concerned about the stiff and binding protocols concerning title, introduction, and association. Generally the cubs seemed to do their own thing anyway half the time, and right now he was too off-balance to notice that they probably weren't supposed to be talking.

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:08 am
The chocolatey brown lioness giggles a little and shakes her head. "Well, you see, I heard that this plant made a nice smell, so I thought, well if the plant makes a nice smell and the stink bug does not what will happen if I squish the nice smell in to the icky one." She grins broadly, "It was a very effective experiment," She flickers her tail happily "Stink bug smell can't be made to smell nice using plants alone, obviously, I need to think up something else." She nods a very sage nod her eyes narrowing thoughtfully.

Blinking owlishly she grins at the young male in front of her. "You wanna help? I am certain, nearly, almost, possibly certain that I can make a stink bug smell nice." She raises both brows "I knew you'd help come on." She quips, not waiting for his reply she stands up and starts to march off in to the long grass.

"Here stink bugs, where are you?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:51 am
Rather blankly he followed her, mulling slowly on what she'd said this was about. Making stink bugs smell nice? He supposed that sounded useful... but he wasn't entirely certain he thought it was possible. He thought hard on it as he followed her silently, trailing behind like an obedient prey animal. The more he thought about it, the more he wondered if she was right. Was it possible?

"Perhaps... if you chewed up the leaf?" he suggested hesitantly. It was an odd way to think, trying to come up with bizarre options on how to accomplish a strange task. Not only that, but would she make him chew the leaf? He wrinkled his nose up at the idea. Surely the leaf would be bitter. After all, they didn't eat grass like the hooved prey!

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:00 pm
The young lioness giggles and looks at Ehsan thoughtfully. "That, is a very good idea..." She trails off for a moment her gaze fixed squarely on the near distance. "Let em see your teeth." She turns around to face him and holds his face "Say antelope."

She waits patiently to see his young teeth, her mind, obviously going down the same thought track as his already had.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:14 pm
He reluctantly peeled back his lips and showed his sharp little white teeth. He wasn't at all comfortable with her holding his face that way, and loathed to think of having to chew that horrible leaf. Despite this, he found himself fascinated by this strange she-cub. Somewhere deep down, he felt a resonating that foretold of him being her experiment partner for a long, long time to come. Should he fight that feeling of fate? He gave a great sigh and opened his jaws, showing more teeth. Fighting fate just seemed like too much effort, and instinct told him it would be fruitless anyway.

He mutely accepted the leaf and chewed obediently, but did not swallow. He spit it out into his paw again and hopefully offered it to her. Maybe she'd take it from him and squish the bug herself? That ominous feeling reassured him that she was unlikely to, however. It seemed he was probably doomed to have another bug smashed into his pads. His only hope was that the chewed up leaf would be more successful than the flat leaf had been.

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:58 pm
The young lioness giggles happily, she touches her nose to his and smiles. "You are the best experimental partner ever." She purses her lips and scoots away from him for a moment returning with another stink bug, she promptly puts it in to the leafy mush.

"Foot to floor please" She looks at him patiently, a grin on her maw. "You're very good at this."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:53 am
He gave a great, long-suffering sigh. Well, at least it was the leaf mush against his paw this time, instead of the stink bug. He snagged a flat rock with his free paw and gritted his teeth before pressing his paw down on it. The bug made a sickening pop under his pad when he pressed down, causing him to grimace. Any other cub likely would have demanded why she was not making herself all stinky for her own experiment, but this was not Ehsan's way. Instead, he just endured it, finding that simpler than standing up for himself.

Once he had smashed it, he held out his paw to her dutifully so that she could both see and smell the results. He kept his breath held, letting her be the first to determine the success or failure of his suggestion. He had no desire whatsoever of smelling it himself first.

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:02 pm
With a determined look the chocolate brown lioness leans forwards and takes a breath. "Hmm..not bad.. I think that nearly worked. It's not AS smelly." She grins and strikes a spread legged pose, her head held high. "I declare this experiment a success." She laughs, in a slightly mad scientist way before settling down on her butt.

"Lets go n get you washed, it doesn't smell as bad, but it's not a smell you wanna take home to your mama. Come." She beams her tail sticking up in the air as she pads off towards the watering hole, feeling a great pride in herself, she had found a partner and a friend willing to play with her. This was turning out to bea good day.

[IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games