7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:36 pm
Kill Em All Incorporated
Recon_Ninja_985
Kill Em All Incorporated
This is actually the exact opposite of what I want out of a Mosin platform. I want a Mosin with a 16.5 inch barrel, polymer stock in the same style as the original tailored to the shorter barrel, and the original iron sight layout.
well that's all personal preference and the purpose your gearing your rifle toward.

this is a project meant for people with a preference for maximum accuracy, and from a bolt action thats kind of important. not only is it a perfect platform for accurizing, but due to it's limitations that's all it really has going for it.

you can still have an HBAR cut down by a gunsmith to the length you desire either way.
You did say those barrels are from heavy machine guns? Correct me if I'm wrong but don't mg barrels have a difference in rifle twist compared to bolt rifles?
not likely...they both fire the same ammunition which means the twist rate is identical.

it doesnt make sense to purposely make a weapon less accurate with a different twist rate than what is ideal for the bullet weight  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:48 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Kill Em All Incorporated
Recon_Ninja_985
Kill Em All Incorporated
This is actually the exact opposite of what I want out of a Mosin platform. I want a Mosin with a 16.5 inch barrel, polymer stock in the same style as the original tailored to the shorter barrel, and the original iron sight layout.
well that's all personal preference and the purpose your gearing your rifle toward.

this is a project meant for people with a preference for maximum accuracy, and from a bolt action thats kind of important. not only is it a perfect platform for accurizing, but due to it's limitations that's all it really has going for it.

you can still have an HBAR cut down by a gunsmith to the length you desire either way.
You did say those barrels are from heavy machine guns? Correct me if I'm wrong but don't mg barrels have a difference in rifle twist compared to bolt rifles?
not likely...they both fire the same ammunition which means the twist rate is identical.

it doesnt make sense to purposely make a weapon less accurate with a different twist rate than what is ideal for the bullet weight
I see.  

Zion International

Dapper Lunatic

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:51 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Kill Em All Incorporated
Recon_Ninja_985
Kill Em All Incorporated

You know you can get an AR in any flavor from 1:7 to 1:14, right?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:48 am
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Kill Em All Incorporated
Recon_Ninja_985
Kill Em All Incorporated

You know you can get an AR in any flavor from 1:7 to 1:14, right?
depending on caliber and bullet weight yeah.... theres a s**t ton of both for ARs.

as far as commie 7.62 light ball goes, there isnt very much difference between nations, they're all going to shoot well through all weapons designed to fire it because the rounds themselves are all going to be very similar, unlike us westerners who shoot a million different loadings of the same cartridge.  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:59 am
alright, did some digging and found some stuff.

UK59 barrel: 1-10

Mosin barrel: 1-9 1/2

mosin 28/30 model: 1-10

not very much different.

one should note that the model 28/30 is regarded as more accurate than the other nagant variants .

so by going off this info its safe to say that the barrel will be pretty damn accurate.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff