Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Ulili-Mlindaji Lands [IC]
[JRP] Make Yourself Comfortable (Ishekhesi and Buibui'macho)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mtorolite

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:18 pm
User Image Isekhesi found himself again spending his break from shifting the stones showing a new pride member around the lands. He wasn't sure what the young leader wanted Ishekhesi to do with his charge, because he wasn't sure what the new lion wanted to do in the pride. He was sure he would figure it out after a few minutes of conversation though. And then he could get back to setting up the personal shrines pilgrims had been requesting for their dearly departed.

He was hoping some of the young ones he had been training would be ready to take on full shifter duties soon. Between Katashi and himself, there was just too much work to be done.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:44 pm
User ImageBuibui trudged up to the white and green lion. Apparently this fellow was supposed to show him around the lands. "Hello," Buibui said softly, not quite meeting the lion's eyes. It felt awkward talking to this strange lion, awkward just being here. He knew that there were others from his pride seeking refuge in these lands, but now that he was here it seemed ... hollow. Just as hollow as his homeland had become.

"I'm Buibui'macho. Buibui." The white lion muttered, still not meeting Ishekhesi's eyes. The name was strange on his tongue. He had only received his name weeks ago, just before the muses fell silent. Buibui swallowed hard, trying to push back his gloomy thoughts. He had to concentrate on what this Ishekhesi would show him. This was his new home now, for better or worse. He would have to find something to do here that would fill up his empty days.  

troll toll

Bashful Bookworm

9,750 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Mtorolite

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:10 am
Ahh, a gloomy one. Ishekhesi wasn't going to pry into where he came from, or what brought him here; young lions didn't appreciate older ones the didn't know butting in on their business. He would adjust to life, here, with the Shrinekeepers, and hopefully he would be happy.

"Hell, Buibui. My name is Ishekhesi, and I'm one of the senior shifters. I move the big rocks around for the shrines. I guess we'll start with the main areas, the dens and the streams and the eating area. And then we can go for a tour of the shrines."

Ishekhesi would have to hope that Buibui showed some enthusiasm about something - maybe he should introduce him to the newest crop of cubs? Cubs tended to infect older lions with there excitement. Even him, sometimes. Although he didn't have any of his own.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:25 pm
Ishekhesi. He would have to remember it. Buibui nodded dully as the bigger male talked about his duties. Shoving rocks around to build shrines. It didn't sound like terribly exciting work, but Buibui was feeling too sorry for himself to care much. If he was told to push rocks around, he would.

"All right." Buibui said gloomily. He wasn't thrilled about the tour - wasn't thrilled about anything, in fact - but he had to muster up some kind of enthusiasm. He had asked to join this pride, after all. He didn't want Ishekhesi to think he didn't want to be there. "I should know where things are, now that I'm going to be living here." He gave Ishekhesi a half-hearted smile.  

troll toll

Bashful Bookworm

9,750 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Mtorolite

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:12 pm
Ishekhesi wasn't sure how much success he would have cheering the young lion up, but hoped that somewhere during the tour, he would find something to inspire him. Many of the pridemembers came here seeking peace, but they would find none if they waited for peace to come to them. He had found work to throw himself into. With the favor of the gods, Buibui would find something as well.
This hilly area is pocked with shallow caves we use for dens. Pick one that is unoccupied - you can probably find help to enlarge one if necessary. At the bottom is a large, flat meadow. That is usually where the wild dogs and their helpers drag in the meat for meals, and just beyond that is the stream where we wash and drink from. If you don't fancy a swim, my helpers and I have put stepping stones to get across. I will show you."

Ishekhesi lead the way down the hill toward the stream. Just across would be a good place to start showing the shrines. The field of small markers would be a good ending spot, after the majority of the shrine was covered.

[IC] Ulili-Mlindaji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games