Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
New "American Council of Witches" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:30 pm
Sanzolvr29
Morgandria, do Wiccans announce to the non-initiates that the ritual isn't actually a Wiccan ritual? Or does it depend on the coven and those who attend? I'm assuming it'd help stop some misinformation if people were aware of that fact, that's excluding the people who are purposely misleading of course.

I imagine it depends on the coven. I couldn't honestly answer for any other coven, since so much depends on who and where and why.

My coven only has open ritual for invited guests once a year, at the moment. I think we make it very clear to our guests that while it's a coven rite, and they're awesome and enjoyable, they're outer-court. But we tend to have students and friends quite often, since we have distance issues and typically meet only for Sabbats, so we likely have a lot more outer-court rituals than other covens might. In the earliest days, a person's first ritual was their initiation. Having the outer-court stuff there lets us get someone used to our ritual style, and gives us a chance to see how they interact with what's going on, and the rest of the coven. It adds a layer of participation to the entire thing, and makes things a little more inclusive for our students. Some covens maintain their student groups completely separately as its' own circle, and only after initiation to they begin to work with the coven proper. Ours doesn't.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:01 pm
I see, thanks for answering.  

Talesofbiro

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:17 pm
Ravynne Sidhe
Esiris
Ravynne Sidhe
I think it was him who published it as Wicca.
All I know is that Wiccans have said he regretted it.

It's unknown if he did. He died in 1993.

It's been said (by those who knew him well), that before he passed, he had mentioned to them, that if he'd known the controversy his books were going to end up causing, he'd have never used the word Wicca in them.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:30 am
too2sweet
Ravynne Sidhe
Esiris
Ravynne Sidhe
I think it was him who published it as Wicca.
All I know is that Wiccans have said he regretted it.

It's unknown if he did. He died in 1993.

It's been said (by those who knew him well), that before he passed, he had mentioned to them, that if he'd known the controversy his books were going to end up causing, he'd have never used the word Wicca in them.
Well that's something to tell the people who praise him for his books.  

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games