Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Knights of Delmore

Back to Guilds

The earth is our domain, but we must take it back from the darkness! 

Tags: Literate, Dragons, Knights, Delmore, Fantasy 

Reply The World Of Hrem
OOC

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Awesome Sensei
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:00 pm
Wanna talk about anything? Let's discuss things ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:13 pm
OH in case you are wondering. .

Basically you are a human or you are a Dral which is a dragon who's origin is unknown.
Dragons and Dral are not the same thing
and how drals are created will be explained in time (aka dunno yet)
but they are humanoid dragons
You have 5 ranks for whatever you are.
you start at the fifth rank
11:06pm
So when you rank up, you get a s**t ton stronger all of the sudden, so its not like points.
You also get a wage. A stypon based upon your activity within the guild.
This moneyz is used to buy things (at least for the humans)
Now the Dral have runes, which give them basic magic.
While the Humans have "Spirit" which gives them varying skills from increasing strength or speed.
11:07pm
Or from an attack.
Weapons themselves have skills, and can be passed back and forth.
And are not bound to a person like in EG.
And are only bought with moneyz.
More money, stronger skill.
Magic. . .
Magic is the natural skills, and is INSANELY powerful, from gigantic meteors, to ripping apart time and space.
11:08pm
At the most, people can have 3 magic spells, and you aren't strong enough to get a magic spell until at least second rank.
The Humans and Dral are in constant battle, and consider the other to be evil.
While the Dragons attack both, considering the Dral to be impure until they are perfect.
11:09pm
Once a dral reached 1st rank they have the capability to become dragons through further training, each rank up makes them more draconic.
While humans have more access to there spirit, which also changes there form slightly, but not to the extent of the dral.
11:10pm
Dral do not get access to most weaponry, and can only get weapons by stealing them from the humans.

Your character also has base stats, which are strength speed courage for humans or wisdom for dral.

((really messy I know, but hey I am just putting something out for ya, while the guild is being made))  

Awesome Sensei
Captain

Doctor Corn
Crew

8,600 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:26 pm
A SNIPPIT FROM A CONVO BETWEEN ME AND AWESOME SENSEI

because the problem with stats is that the focus of the guild is less on role playing and more on getting your points better than another person's points so you can say "im better than you cause my points are bigger muhahaha" then the people with lower points feel left out because they cant be better with their rp skills because the world their person lives in is dictated by stats and skill points......like dnd  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:29 pm
Good point, perhaps we won't use stats at all.  

Awesome Sensei
Captain

Durithill the Black Blade

Dapper Gekko

14,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:25 pm
The fear in the case of stats would be people using them as an excuse to godmod. So long as they don't, even if you have stats you could still theoretically beat people that have higher stats if you're clever.

Take D&D for an example. I had a character once who could deliver touch spells through his weapon as part of a melee attack. So usually you could, say, cast burning touch or some other offensive spell. However I noticed that a short-range dimension door-like spell was on my list. Ordinarily maybe not too useful, however we fought on airships. So I had my character run around and teleporting people off the edge of the ship, causing them to fall to their death rather than trying to kill them strictly with sword damage.

Edit: In another amusing example, out group was fighting a warforged archer/wizard thing. After breaking through its illusory forest and flamewall, we finally got to it. However he then cast feeble mind on the wizard (and succeeded), thus reducing his mental stats to one, preventing him from being any use. Or so we thought.
Or wizard, in a fit of genius, decided that if his character was feeble minded, he would act the part. He promptly whipped of his pants, and attempted to urinate in the eyes of the warforged. Surprisingly, he managed to succeed and blinded our adversary until he wiped his eyes clean. With two of our members down (the ninja had died in the wall of fire), that gave us enough of a chance to overcome him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:32 am
Alright, I got all of the forums cleaned out (Thank you random crew member who cleared out some forums without telling me XD i had planned to do them and saw them all empty. Made my night happy)

So now I am going to be discussing the main points, and get the information forum set up within the next couple of days.  

Awesome Sensei
Captain

o8Orobouros8o

6,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:53 am
If you us stats, don't make them become Much more powerful, just give them a slight edge.

And your human/dragon thing seems like it would be biased toward the dragonkin, I don't want to constantly be beaten/tag along with more powerful folk Even when we're the same level or if I'm higher and they're still stronger.

((Side note, to the D&D players, if you're using 3.5 you may want to consider giving your mage MP instead of SPD, it makes us a bit more equal to the rest of you and I die way less since we did that. MP used being equal to Spell level.))  
The World Of Hrem

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games