Reading for class

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

No Gambling in Paradix
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:17 am
Can you enjoy class reading? What's the best/worst book you've had to read?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:46 am
I honestly don't think I can enjoy reading for a class. Mostly because class reading is a lot of literature and boring stuff. Except I liked when we read Romeo and Juliet. I think it's because we had a lot of discussions about kind of deciphering it and it was really fun. And I guess I like some of the stories we're reading in Multicultural Literature, just because it's interesting to see racism and prejudice from the person being targeted's point of view. But other than that, the novels we've been reading are always so boring. It's like a chore for me to get through them...and I have to because I need four years of English...  

Flarityxx18

Paradoxismminant
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:48 pm
I thought Moby d**k was actually pretty funny.

..but maybe that's just me.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:28 am
I had Dutch, English, German and French at school. For Dutch, English and German we got to decide for ourselves what we wanted to read, but we did get reading assignments for French. I usually never took the time to read the books, except for l'étranger (the stranger), by Albert Camus, which I absolutely loved.  

Wilder Wein MCMXCII

Paradoxismminant
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:03 am
That sounds interesting. WHat was it about?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:14 am
It's about a French man, Meursault, who lives in French Algiers, who kills an Arab man. The novel can be divided in before and after the murder. The murder takes place near the end of the novel and before that it's mostly about Meursault's every day activities and how he views life. It's quite interesting to read.  

Wilder Wein MCMXCII

No Gambling in Paradix
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:03 pm
CousinsSubmarineSandwich
I honestly don't think I can enjoy reading for a class. Mostly because class reading is a lot of literature and boring stuff. Except I liked when we read Romeo and Juliet. I think it's because we had a lot of discussions about kind of deciphering it and it was really fun. And I guess I like some of the stories we're reading in Multicultural Literature, just because it's interesting to see racism and prejudice from the person being targeted's point of view. But other than that, the novels we've been reading are always so boring. It's like a chore for me to get through them...and I have to because I need four years of English...
Ahh, is the four years thing one of those stupid "prerequisites for graduation" type things?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:20 pm
No Gambling in Paradix
CousinsSubmarineSandwich
Ahh, is the four years thing one of those stupid "prerequisites for graduation" type things?

Yep. It's so stupid...the two classes I actually need (since they're semester classes and I need a full year) are jokes, but I need to pull through them so I can graduate. I've been so used to accelerated and AP classes that having two regular classes is just hammering me because they're meant for dipsticks that can't read or write, so they treat everyone like elementary school kids. Gah...[/rant]  

Flarityxx18

Paradoxismminant
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:50 am
CousinsSubmarineSandwich
No Gambling in Paradix
CousinsSubmarineSandwich

Yep. It's so stupid...the two classes I actually need (since they're semester classes and I need a full year) are jokes, but I need to pull through them so I can graduate. I've been so used to accelerated and AP classes that having two regular classes is just hammering me because they're meant for dipsticks that can't read or write, so they treat everyone like elementary school kids. Gah...[/rant]
It'll be over soon XD

And no worries, I'm in the same boat as you D:

/has to make up multiple credits  
Honk if you love reading!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas