Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
So GGE, how do you store your ammunition.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sergei Simonov

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:23 am
Made this thread on /k/ earlier, but none of the Americans are awake yet.

I store mine in moon clips.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:31 am
I have stacks of boxes. A couple loaded mags, usually one bandolier of loaded Enfield clips, and a couple plastic shell cases with shotshells in them, but mostly boxes.

Also, how could I disallow a man named Sergei Simonov entrance to a gun enthusiasts' guild? IT WOULD BE BLASPHEMY.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Sergei Simonov

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:33 am
Fresnel
I have stacks of boxes. A couple loaded mags, usually one bandolier of loaded Enfield clips, and a couple plastic shell cases with shotshells in them, but mostly boxes.

Also, how could I disallow a man named Sergei Simonov entrance to a gun enthusiasts' guild? IT WOULD BE BLASPHEMY.

A man named Sergei Simonov holding an SKS no less. I used to be Sergei Mosin, and holding a Mosin, but got banned for some reason or other.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:51 pm
I keep loaded mags for all my guns except the Marlin. That jams more than Bob Marley so there's no point in using it.

Ammo not stored in a weapon is just kept in their boxes. I have half a loosely packed Blazer .22 ammo, a dozen 50 round boxes of Federal .22, and a little over half a box of Remington 30-06. I keep ammo in the magazines, but never in the chamber and every time I handle the weapon I remove the magazine and make sure the chamber is clear just in case. Except for the Enfield. I can't remove the magazine without a screw driver so I just make sure the chamber is clear then pull the bolt out.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

SpeedmanRC

Conservative Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:54 pm
my range bag

surplus ammo cans

and the 9mm in my night stand is cocked and locked

Only places I have my ammo.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:26 pm
I keep loaded SKS clips in one ammo box, loose 7.62x39 in another, a box of Hornady SST 7.62 next to those, and my box and a half of shotgun shells next to that.

Then the approximately 2000 rounds of .22lr sits behind all of that.  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:15 am
I pretty much store mine in polymer copies of US ammo cans.

they're like 6 bucks at academy  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:06 am
Capt Buckner CTO
I keep loaded SKS clips in one ammo box, loose 7.62x39 in another, a box of Hornady SST 7.62 next to those, and my box and a half of shotgun shells next to that.

Then the approximately 2000 rounds of .22lr sits behind all of that.
Right that reminds me I still have 400 rounds of .22 in some ziplock bags hidden in the top of the gun safe.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Zion International

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:38 am
I usually keep 4 rounds in my Mosin and the rest of the ammo is stored away in a ammo tin I've sand blasted and spray painted black.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games