Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 50: Halloween Quiz Contest (Halloween 2011 Resurrection Event)
halloween quiz <3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Funshine Rainbow

Romantic Lover

8,325 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:02 pm
here i go =)  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:07 pm
General

1. Another name for Halloween is __all hallows eve!_____.
2. How many bones does a skeleton have? 206? i googled it.
3. What device is used to contact the spirits? ooh oh oh many devices!! but one is a pendulum!
4. Frankenstein was written by- mary shelly!
5. Chocolate candy bars top the list as the most popular candy for trick or treaters. What candy bar was #1? no idea. i know that tootsie rolls were the first candy commerically made to be given out at halloween. i am guessing hersey's.

i made my answers a pretty color cause im too lazy to do anything else. plus i have no idea how. so.  

Funshine Rainbow

Romantic Lover

8,325 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Funshine Rainbow

Romantic Lover

8,325 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:12 pm
6. The largest pumpkin pie ever made was more than five feet in diameter and weighed more than 350 pounds. It used 80 pounds of cooked pumpkin, 36 pounds of sugar, and 12 dozen eggs, and it took six hours to bake.

True
7. Halloween had its beginnings in an ancient, pre-Christian Celtic festival of the dead.
True
8. All Hallows Eve is the evening before All Saints Day which is celebrated on November 1
False
9. Only one species of bat out of almost 950, drink blood. It is the Vampire Bat that lives in Central and South America. And the blood it prefers is NOT human blood, but blood of cattle and birds.
True
10. El día de los muertos(Day of the Dead), a fiesta observed in Mexico and other Spanish-speaking cultures on Nov. 1 shares some of its history and roots with Halloween.
True
11. A haunting is a kind of 'recording' of a past event on an environment, such as a house, building or a battlefield.
Depends on your opinon.
12. In Ireland, it has been frequently claimed that gems and crystals possess the power to hold curses.
True
13. Once a celebrated luxury ocean liner, when it ended its sailing days the Queen Mary was purchased by the city of Long Beach, California in 1967 and transformed into a hotel. The most haunted area of the ship is the engine room where a 17-year-old sailor was crushed to death trying to escape a fire.
True?
14. Bram Stoker's novel, Dracula, published in 1897, was based loosely on the real-life Vlad Dracula (1431-1476). He was a prince who actually did live in Transylvania in the Carpathian Mountains of Romania.
True!
15. Trick-or-treating developed during the 1930s as a means to control young people's Halloween night pranks.
no idea...true?
16. Tootsie Rolls were the first wrapped penny candy in America.
true true!
17. Halloween is the 2nd most commercially successful holiday, with Christmas being the first.
ah. i cant think of another big holiday other hten valentine's so true.
18. Black cats were once believed to be witch's familiars who protected their powers.
True.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:28 pm
General

19. Name another color in which pumpkins can be found in.
Green, Yellow

20. Orange and black are Halloween colors. What does Orange represent?
Pumpkins and leaves! for fall! ! fun!

21. What does black represent?
it represents protection and mystry im pretty sure, that is what google says.

22. What are the mythical beings who defy death by sucking the blood of humans called?
vampires...?

23. A unibrow, hairy palms, tattoos, and a long middle finger are signs that would mark a person as being what common Halloween creature?
a ghoul!
werewolf

24. What phobia do you suffer from if you have an intense fear of Halloween?
samhainophobia

25. The first Jack-o-Lanterns were made out of what?
pumpkins

26. If you see a spider on Halloween, what does it mean?
a deceased loved one is watching out for you

27. According to superstition, if you stare into a mirror at midnight on Halloween, what will you see? your future husband

28. What do folk traditionally "bob" for at Halloween parties?
apples

29. What are male witches called?
warlocks

30. What is the name of the serial killer in the film "Halloween"?
ah..jason?

31. Samhainophobia is the fear of ________.halloween

32. Halloween is the day before what Christian holiday?all saints day.

33. Who sat in the pumpkin patch waiting for the Great Pumpkin in the
classic "It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown"? i havent watched the movie =/

34. When was candy corn invented?recently! oh my no, 1880! whoa!

35. Transylvania is a historic region in ________.oh oh i so know this. no i dont. Europe.

36. Witches brew potions in a _________. cauldron.

37. Is a pumpkin a fruit or vegetable? it can be considered either. =D

38. What is holy water? water that has been blessed by a preist.

39. A child who is born at a particular time of day is said to possess the ability to see ghosts. What is the time? twilight

40. What type of cloth is worn everyday by many people to ward off potential ghostly visitations? silk

41. What is a khu? a part of the human soul.

42. What is the name of a spirit that is supposedly born from fire, or created by crafty magicians. fire spirit?

43. What common household seasoning is a classic defense against evil spirits? salt

44. What was the name of the very first werewolf movie? oh my. werewolf of london?

45. Werewolf hunters believe that you can obtain sanctuary from a predatory werewolf by climbing into what kind of tree? ash tree

46. In addition to the word, 'lycanthrope,' what other term is most often used when referring to a werewolf? half man half wolf?  

Funshine Rainbow

Romantic Lover

8,325 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
50: Halloween Quiz Contest (Halloween 2011 Resurrection Event)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games