{PRP} Little Grasshopper {Kakalina x Zayul Tain}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:08 pm
User Image

It was a bright and sunny day. A really bright day. The sun washed a bit of green from the grass she was laying in it was so strong. It probably made her white pelt blaze out of the green grass like a beacon. That didn't matter to Zayul Tain at the moment. She was chasing grasshoppers in the long grass. The young cub would tramp through the grass until one jumped. She would give an exuberant leap after it. If she managed to catch it under her paws, which didn't happen often, Zayul would let it go.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:46 am
User Image

The dark red cub slunk away from the nanny who had curled up with her and her sisters for a nap. She tried to keep the movement to a minimum to keep the lioness from waking up and waited until she was far enough away to break into a run.

She managed to get across the borders of the pride's land before she slowed down. She took a sniff at the ground, searching for any scent she could pick up to practice her hunting skills on. She managed to pick up a couple scents and followed them into the tall grass.

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:18 pm
LexThetaSigma

Zayul had just made her third successful catch. She beamed down at the frantic grasshopper with a broad grin. This was fun! She carefully let it go. Her tail made another hopper jump and the cub was quick to follow. Except this time it wasn't a hopper she caught, but another cub! She blinked at the red paw held under her own two white ones. Her eyes slowly followed red foot, up to red leg, and up to a red face with green eyes.

"Oh! Hi there. Sorry about that. I was chasing grasshoppers and it looks like this one got away." She gave a laugh and removed her paws. Zayul rose back to her feet and watched the other cub.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:22 pm
magnadearel

Kakalina had spotted something hopping through the grass and moved as quietly and quickly as she could to keep her eyes on whatever it was; from this far back, it looked like a grasshopper. While she was distracted with trying to keep up with the possible bug, something grabbed her paw. She looked down at it and noticed there were two, small white paws on top of her own. She followed the paws up to see a pair of white legs and eventually the white and purple cub that the paws belonged to. She smiled slightly at the other cub; she must have been looking for bugs too!

"It's alright," she smiled and got excited at the mention of the hoppers. So she had been right after all! "I didn't see you either; I was following one of the bugs myself."

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:36 pm
LexThetaSigma

"That's good! I'm Zayul. What's your name? You wanna come chase some grasshoppers with me?" The cub grinned. It would be so much fun to have someone to help her chase. She had been trying to keep herself occupied while her parents and siblings were busy. Pounce practice was as good as napping. Except when she was tired, then napping was awesome.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:38 am
magnadearel

"I'm Kakalina," she replied and tilted her head slightly. Had the cub just asked her to go bug hunting? Her eyes widened and she grinned; it would be awesome to have a bug hunting partner! "Sure," her little tail wagged with excitement, "I'm sure between the both of us, we could catch a lot of 'em."  

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:13 am
LexThetaSigma

"Kakalina. That's a pretty name." Zayul gave the other cub a broad grin. Yay! They were bug hunting partners! She puffed out her chest, "I've already caught three and you. I'm sure together we will catch a lot. C'mon Kakalina! Let's get started!"

She didn't wait for an answer from her new fiound companion. Zayul bounced her way through the grass looking for her next target. All the hoppers seemed to have fled the current area while the girls were talking, but she was determined to find them again. Nor did it take her long. With a bound, the cub landed in the middle of hopper city. Hoppers scattered to the four winds as she laughed.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:04 pm
magnadearel

"Thanks," she replied, "Yours is too." The cub was just as excited as she was about being bug hunting partners! She grinned, with both of them working together they would add a lot of bugs to their catch total. There would be no escape.

She happily bounded off through the grass after the other cub. She gave a hearty laugh as they both bounded into a hopper colony; she loved watching as all of the grass hoppers scattered in all different directions. She looked under her paw and seen one trying to squirm away. "Got one!"

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:34 pm
LexThetaSigma

Zayul didn't have to wait long for the sounds of the cub following her to start. Or for her cry of triumph. She looked over and nodded. Now it was her turn! She wiggled her bottom and focused on a hopper not far way. Both prepaired to pounce. The hopper went first with Zayul right after it. A couple hops later and she gave a laugh. The hopper successfully caught under her paw.

"What should we do with them once we catch them? I've been letting mine go." Zayul looked dubiously at the wriggling hopper. "We could try to keep them rounded up if ya wanted."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:18 am
magnadearel

Once her turn was up, Kakalina waited and watched as the other female cub focused on her own little bug and waited for the perfect chance to pounce. When Zayul gave a laugh after pouncing on it and trapping it under her paws, Kakalina grinned.

"I don't know," she replied when she was asked what they should do with them. "Though when we let them go that means we can try to get them again!"

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:44 pm
LexThetaSigma

The white cub looked back at her hopper-catching-partner. She considered Kakalina's argument as the hopper squirmed under her paw. Finally she nodded.

"Yup, but I vote that they have a chance to get a head start. It's not fair to catch-n-release 'em, only to catch 'em right away again." She looked down at her paw and lifted it off the hopper. Zayul let it bound away and waved at Kakalina.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:21 pm
magnadearel

The dark red cub thought it over. The white cub did have a point; the little hoppers would just get a head start if they let them go. And it wouldn't really be fair to catch it, then catch it again right away. That was no fun when her sisters tried to do it to her, why would she do it to the grasshoppers.

"Alright," she replied, "What do you think we should do with them?"

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:45 pm
LexThetaSigma
Fin, you can do a last post if you like.

Her new companion didn't try to argue with her. Zayul smiled, then frowned to think. What could they do? Her eyes caught sight of her latest catch hopping away.

"I know! Once we let them go, we'll watch to see what direction they take then we'll do this!" She was excited as she turned her tail to face the fleeing hopper, then facing away from it, she started to search for another one. This way they wouldn't always be catching the same ones. The cub explained as much to her friend as she slowly starting stalking another hopper.

Now with the details out of the way, they could have lots of fun catching plenty of hoppers.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:46 pm
magnadearel

Small, green eyes watched as the other cub explained the new tactic for catching the small grass hoppers. She had to admit that her companion had a good idea so they wouldn't keep re-catching the same bugs over and over. She nodded in consent before joining her new little friend in the game.  

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
[IC] Koti Kaikille Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items