Magician
  Beginner
  Resistance(All Jobs)
  Cygnus Knight(All Jobs)
  Aran Pole-arm Master
View Results

Horsemen of War

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:36 pm
Hello! Was just wondering if anybody played Maplestory. I love the game but never play it since it makes my computer crash >.> I dunno why its only maplestory but yeah goona play soon when I get my new PC in Jan. xp

Eh...forgot to put Dual Blade in poll sweatdrop so uh....if you love Dual Blade just say in comment lol sorry...  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:27 pm
I used to play it a long time ago...like, years ago. It's changed a lot since then.

I only stopped playing at the time because on getting to the next class of magician (the ice one?) the spells did less damage than the magic missile I had, and it took hours upon hours to grind up to that level. So yeah... That kind sealed it for me as an XP treadmill and I just never bothered playing it again. My interested in it dropped like a rock.

If the ice spell had done the same damage but have an extra effect over my older spell, then I probably wouldn't of stopped playing. sweatdrop

Oh well, I'm sure other non-spell/skill casting classes don't suffer the same problems. I just had no interest in spending even more hours trying to get to the same level.  

Garek Maxwell

Chaos Starlight

2,650 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:26 pm
Hey! *growls* You left out EVAN! I <3 Maplestory! It's so fun! I would help you if you want the help. I play on Zenith.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:56 pm
I'm sorry, but I call it FAIL story cuz all you do is grind.

B
O
R
I
N
G

I play Mabinogie, Combat Arms, and Vindictus

Mabi is my most played right now  

Loquoro

Dangerous Shapeshifter

14,900 Points
  • Squash Stomper 75
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Peregrine87

Girl-Crazy Businesswoman

9,100 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:24 am
I used to, but my computer doesn't play it very well, by which I mean, at all.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:59 am
Chaos Starlight
Hey! *growls* You left out EVAN! I <3 Maplestory! It's so fun! I would help you if you want the help. I play on Zenith.

You wanna know the ironic thing...I left Evan out even though thats the toon I'm leveling right now sweatdrop  

Horsemen of War

Horsemen of War

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:00 am
Peregrine87
I used to, but my computer doesn't play it very well, by which I mean, at all.

That sucks, when I play it for a while it freezes on my PC then when I "Ctrl+Alt+Delete" it will crash my computer to a dark blue screen which I'm not quite sure what it means. No words just dark blue and not light blue.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:51 am
well ive played it.
i guess i can play it if u want  

neko-mata-01

RevvRaptor

Sexy Hero

27,250 Points
  • ReAnimated 50
  • Generous 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:06 am
I was, as with WoW for a time, a Rogue.. Only because it has no Blue Mage class, like Final Fantasy XI (Absolute Virtue? More like Absolute Pushover XD)

I still like to watch Maplestory MMV's of humor on Youtube, but it's not enough to induce the necessary amount of nostalgia to draw me back to it xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:58 pm
I used to think "it's stupid.. how can millions of ppl play this?" then watched the anime, then actually tried it ^^ it was kinda grindy at 1st, but every since that big bang update, it got really easy and has only gotten easier since.. honestly, if I had ppl to play with, I would probly start playin again. btw, I'd say my favorite class would probly be Evan (since the last time I played) who knows what they added since then.. it's been years!  

OniOkami the Lycan

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:26 pm
I played at one point, but as with any game that involves grinding, I lost interest relatively quickly.  
The Peoples Republic of Fiction and Pretend

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games