• Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:40 am
Word Counts

Janja'Nyoka - 1,070
Intabaimbali ( + Familiar ) - 783

FIN

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:46 am
The late afternoon air was still, only the sound of citadids buzzing filled the air. In the heavy heat, very few creatures would be out stirring. For those that were they would hear the high pitched squeal of a young thing, "Momma! Oh Momma quick! It's going to get away."

A maroon and tannish blurr sped by the tall grasses, snatching something small out of mid-air befroe it stopped revealing itself to be a female cheetah. Her expression was one of amusement mixed with distaste, but she made an odd chirping sound with her mouth still closed. Seconds later, a young waterbuck calf, looking almost identical to the feline came galloping from her safe hidding spot. "Did ya get it momma? Did ya?"

Opening her mouth obidently, there sat a brightly colored butterfly on her tongue, completly unharmed. "ohhh momma! It's soo pretty!"

The day was favoring a breeze and it was easy to spot where her pride was not as easily seen because the sand around it picked up just about right to make it appear like a mariage. Which she thanked the heavans for as she went out to find new prospects. Which, the caverns of the wasteland offered greatly. Where there was rock and mazes- there woul easily be thoughs whom get lost. But today was dry-.. so she went on and continued long after that until she found the lush forest further than the pride..

Rumors of a cheetah befriending a prey animal wasn't uncommon but still. She had to find her- and when she did.. even then she couldn't believe it. Slowly, Nyoka lowered herself in to the ground off of a cave tunnel through the works to watch down below at the forest dwellers..

Seeing the movement as she calmed her breathing to not disturb the two.

The cheetah smiled tenderly watching the young waterbuck scamper around her chasing the butterflies. It was clear when watching the two of them that there was more than just mere friendship there. When the little one scampered too far away, the cheetah would stand up, making the same chirping sound and the youngster would scramble back squealing with laughter.

This wasn't what she would imagen but as she looked closer. It was almost like- they were more.. and that set the cheetahess to ponder. Then lower her head once more as she thought to get closer until she heard another rumbling in the forest that made her head strike up and watch closely. Was it one of her men? She told that not to get near them til she saw them.. Her hunches ready to leap in to action if that were to occur..

At the first of the sound, the Cheetah's head swung up and she made a harsh croaking sound. The waterbuck gave up her play racing to the female's side. Absently licking the little one's nose to comfort her, red eyes scanned the area for any threat to her 'cub', ear flicking back and forth rapidly catching any sound there was, mind already taking in routes to escape, places to back into for protection from a frontal assult.

Til then- it was apparent that they weren't alone and a hyena jumped out in to the clearing and that was when she turned. No- no one will attack anyone in her lands without her saying so. A chirping sound made its way in to the echo of the tunnel as she disappeared in to. It wasn't going to happen and a pack of hyenas no less. Then she went to get a better look and peered over. Noting where her men were that came almost abruptly after. Even one settled in to her side. "Wait." SHe stated..

A nasty smile came over the cheetah's muzzle as she glanced at the young waterbuck, who nodded. Moving just a few feet from her 'mother' to be in plain view she began to make helpess sounds of injuried prey, dragging her hind leg as if she was injuried.

Intaba crouched down, red eyes locked on the lead hyena, the boss female. When she came from the little waterbuck, the head b***h got a hell of a surprise when a hundred and fitfy pounds of pissed of cheetah, suddenly appeared from the tall grassed and grabbed her by the throat mauling the boss female soundly.

It wasn't until she got a better look that again she finally spotted them and was rather surprised of scene. When the whimpering started she put a paw to his chest in the signal to wait.. then she was surprised at the output. Which made her laugh almost.. Eagerly awaiting a show now as the mauling began and then she looked to the male. "Go." Then they disappeared. Any move to the buck and the hyenas would be overthrown easily. Nyoka almost wished it to happen as they all waited in a standstill.. Only a few cheetahs- three to be exact were needed for this handfull of hyenas. She could have had less but- three arrived.

"What are you going to do..." She asked herself as she watched almost entertained..

Intaba jekred her head tearing the larger female's throat out then dropped her looking around for another threat. Her snarl was savage as she put herself between the three cheetah males and the young waterbuck. The hyenas were one thing, she knew if push came to shove, Imb could hide well enough that she could lead them off easily..but these where creatures like her and a bigger threat than those damn canines.

Imbu shuddered, pressing close to her mother's hip. The violence against the hyena's didn't scare her, that was normal, these new males..they looked like mother but she sensed they would be just as happy to make a meal out of her as her mother was to make a meal out of the dead hyena.

It wasn't til her men got too close and got spoted before she made her way down. The cheetahs promptly killed what was left of the hyenas and were looking to the odd couple soon afterwards. Their bloodlust eyes- would inttimidate many.. but they didn't move much closer than just a few given feet.

Their bodies almost stiffen until a certain cheetah came out of the lush.. From a shadow- the image grew light, as the blue form came in to view. Which caused the other cheetahs to lax.

"Bravo~"

She admitted with a light hearted laugh at the end. Seemingly friendly.. Then eyed the prey animal and lowered her head. "No need to be afraid now.." Looking her straight in the eyes, the aura she gave wasn't a threatful one- but a powerful one. One that knew royalty all too well but not too stuck up to be unapproachable... Then she looked at the cheetah in question.

Intaba was still watching her with hard eyes, though she did lift her head and stop snarling. That was as far as she relaxed though, still pointedly keeping herself between danger and her little one. After a few minuets her ears came forward showing she was willing to listen.

Imbu peeked around her mother and gave the strange female a faint smile, "Hello..."

"Hello to you..." She spoke softly.. and watched as the features calm which made her too calm. Letting her hunches lower until she sat and like a domino effect, the others did too. "You survived.." She added. Giving a nod of almost praise. "I can hono that in a cheetah.... and .." She looked at the waterbuck again. "Buck.." Ears swirving up.

Intaba smiled more relaxing enough to sit down, her eyes immdeatly going to the buck who pranced forward now that things were safe. It was clear she was rather young but bright. "I'm Imbu and this is my mother Intaba. What's your name?"

"Hmm... names?" She chuckled some. "Imbu and Intaba... my pleasure." Bowing her head a moment. "Janja'Nyoka.." The males seemed to be at ease but knew that at any moment, if a problem were to happen, they would be up in a pinch. Their stares went to bowing heads. Waiting. "I'm sorry about my boys here.. their manners need some tweaking.. anyhow. I saw what you did here.." Looking down at the body beside her. "Please- get this out of my sight.." She looked beside her and quickly the males were opt to cleaning up the mess that was made til the girls were finally alone. "Anyhow. So what finds you here.." Directing the questions at the child- to get in to mother's head but unknown to her that the mother- was mute. No- she just thought this was a good tatic to pry information from more than a full blown adult.

Imbu giggled, "You should leave one. That is momma's dinner." She looked at the other female and smiled, "We were just traveling through. This looked like a safe place to spend a few days. We didn't know anyone was here. We can leave if you want."

Intaba was looking after her dinner longingly but at the questions snapped her attention back to Janja'nyoka. She knew who was the real danger here, and it wasn't those males.

When the 'kid' spoke. She was slightly confused, surely she was speaking up because she was directing her words towards her. Ny nodded and softly lifted her head to look at the child's eyes. "I don't want you to go.. there lies the problem." Looking around and at the blood stains. "I hate to see struggle- when ones.. like your.. friend and you~ don't have to. Why think about the next meal." Sitting down she shook off her fur to relax a little. "I need someone smart.. that knows how to survive.." Looking away. "Keep guessing when is the next meal.. its harsh isn't it- out here.. its wasteland.. not may survive out here yet you two did.." Then looking back at them.

"Well?"

Inta glanced down at her baby, those ruby eyes softening for a moment before looking back up at Nyoko and nodding sharply, baring her fangs and claws to show she was willing to fight for the pride and her place in it if needed. If it was just her she would decline and travel on, but she had to protect Imbu.

The little waterbuck giggled happily prancing about her mother, "Yay! We will stay!" Like most young things she was easy to excite and this was just one great big new adventure!

"That's the spirit ladies..I knew you wouldn't fault me.. and for protective reasons for yourself and the pride. We must cover your eyes.. and don't worry- your bellies will be full with food soon.. I promise." Then the males came back with fresh pieces of meat from the ones that died not so long ago. "I will await your arrival..and your safe now.." Bowing before both were covered and gently put on the males' backs as they ran across the wasteland.. Dodging and itching for the spots and cracks where they would finally find the path to the paradise in the waste..

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
[IC] Kuroi'Nera Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items