jammed my knife- what do?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:12 pm
So somehow, through methods yet unknown, I managed to get my pocket knife jammed open. It's a liner-lock knife (has that little strip of metal on the inside that locks it open, that you push to the side to close), and that strip somehow got jammed under the blade. I can't push it back to close the knife, and the blade won't budge at all.

Any advice on how to fix this?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:01 pm
Tap-rack-bang.

No, but seriously now, have you tried a pin punch and a hammer? Give it a whack in the right direction? Also, if you can, a picture might help. I can't visualize what's wrong.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Char-pun

Shadowy Rogue

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:19 pm
Unscrew the nut holding the blade and check whats jamming it? Should be easy, some folders mostly have hex screws. Maybe add a little oil?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:58 pm
flat head screwdriver will fix.

ive had this problem before, except on a benchmade frame lock. after you get it unjammed if you feel confident enough, you can tweak the lock by bending it a certain way so that it works right instead of getting stuck every time  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:19 am
Get a new knife.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:19 pm
Managed to get it fixed. Had to remove one of the hex screws to do it, and it feels a bit stiffer than before, but it's functional again.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces