Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
How much custom content do you have in your Sims/Sims2 Game? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sith Lord Muffin

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:02 am
None. I play Sims on the family laptop.(Which after 5 months STILL has no internet)
Do you think you could download content ontoa memory stick, upload the content into the laptop and install it there?  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:36 pm
Well, I've had my Sims game since this December (it was a Christmas present) and I've played it since then but didn't get into downloading until two days ago when I made an account at MTS2 and decided to download some cute sweet and gothic Lolita dresses (about 9 or 10) for my Sim girls and sailor uniforms for my teens (4 in total).

Then yesterday, I downloaded a complete set of vintage flapper lipstick reds (about 5) and cute lip glosses (too much, can't remember), and one new mascara for thick lashes. That same day I went on to download Victorian themed "casual" clothing from AATS (about 10 + dresses) and a couple of formal Victorian dresses, a sundress, and typically 20s-60s themed stylish outfits. I also got two new Victorian outfits for my male Sims. Furthermore, I got three new skins-- Barbie skintone, Pinup Pale, and Pinup Barbie Light.

Today, I decided I wanted more custom hair and got some flapper hair, Monroe styled curls, Lolita, Victorian, and tons of other hair... I can't even remember but I think its what I have the most of as far as custom content goes.

So far, not a single piece of furniture or hacks or mods but tons of beautifying custom content, from clothes to hair for my high maintainance sims. I'm so glad I "got into" custom stuff since the Maxis made stuff has not cut it at all for my particular characters.

The only thing that worries me, though, is: how much is too much? After reading some of the posts here, though since I'm new at downloads the quantity of my content is not nearly as much as other more experienced simmers, I wonder if my computer will be able to hold everything I hope to obtain in the future. I do plan to download some more fashions and makeup when I get home today but I hope I don't go overboard and slow down my game!  

Princess Harmonia

Zanily

Codebreaking Fatcat

10,050 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:09 pm
I have 5,000+ items, skins, hair, furniture, and clothes. And I haven't even counted the sets yet. gonk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:29 am
[User Image]

there are 2695 objects in my downloads folder.
    but there are also sub folders, so there are probably more..

`R a i n b o w

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:16 am
Pie The Trilogy
None. I play Sims on the family laptop.(Which after 5 months STILL has no internet)
Do you think you could download content ontoa memory stick, upload the content into the laptop and install it there?

That should work fine. I transferred some downloads from my old laptop to my new one via memory stick.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:46 pm
I have a lot
and I'm still downloading more
=]

World of dreams

The Sims Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items